Women 200lb+, Let's Amaze Ourselves This April!!!

Replies

• trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    @uyister Those pictures are worth a 1000 words! Amazing job! What a change!! I'm so proud that you were able to keep working on it over 3 years and not yo-yo to gain the weight back.
  • misplacedmama
    misplacedmama Posts: 78 Member
    @uyister That's so awesome!! You are an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your progress. (And that's a super cute dress!)
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    edited April 2021
    @uylster and @speyerj both your posts are so inspirational like many others that motivate me every day. I wake up in the morning first thing and read the posts and visualize my day and my goal. I often go back and re read something that I needed to hear.

For some of us who have joined within the last few months, would you or anyone else who has lost a significant amount of weight be willing to share what some of your thoughts when you first started, what your biggest challenges were, words of wisdom that would have helped you along the way. I am down about 20 and have 60 more to go. I am in a good place, have logged in everyday since I started and have worked hard at being accountable ( especially about the numbers on the scale)

Thanks,

Vicky

P.S. by the way @uylster you are beautiful
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    edited April 2021
    Absolutely love these. Thank you so much for the post @speyerj

There were a couple of revelations along the way that I saved to a word document to remind myself when I get discouraged. I know some of you have seen them before, so forgive me if I am repeating myself"

"The shame I felt for losing and then regaining 100 pounds was pretty intense and it stopped me from getting back on the wagon. I'm glad that I figured out if I was going to be successful in this journey, I had to kick shame out of my path or I was going to trip over it."
    <3
    "That my weight loss has a beginning, but it doesn't have an end. I'll never be done. The same habits I am doing today to support my weight loss are ones that I will need to do for the rest of my life. The only difference between weight loss and maintenance are the number of calories you have to play with.
    That was a lesson I didn't learn in my last go-arounds. I thought I could just go back to "living my life". This is my life. And that is okay."

<3
    "I've come to believe that staying on plan has less to do with self-control and more to do with environment control. That is, planning ahead and planning for when things don't go as expected. So you make it easy for yourself to make the healthy choice. If I had to rely on willpower alone, I could never have lost this much weight."
    <3
    "Whatever you do, don't put your life on hold during the weight loss journey. Going out, enjoying yourself and learning how to fit that into your fitness goals is an important lesson - one that you will use a lot during the rest of your weight loss journey and maintenance. This is a lifelong commitment."
    [/quote]

Also thank you @sarah 12277 <3<3<3
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    kelMee2 wrote: »
    So the past couple of days I've been exhausted, after dinner I've been struggling with tiredness, at first I put it down to adding in more exercise but this morning I checked my calories for the week and my average net calories were 850, obviously nowhere near enough. Now I know why I'm tired, I'm not eating enough although I honestly haven't felt hungry with what I'm eating but my body is obviously telling me it needs more fuel hence the exhaustion. I thought I was doing a great job, logging everything, drinking my water trying to stick to my macros but never realised that by not eating more of my exercise calories I've been effectively starving myself. I'm trying to eat more tonight to try and boost my energy levels and give my body the fuel it needs. Going to keep a closer eye on my net calories too cause they need to be at least 1200 or more, the last thing I want to do is damage my metabolism and make weight loss harder.

850??? No wonder you felt so crappy, I'm glad you figured it out relatively quickly!

Bodies are wild, though. You said you didn't feel hungry despite eating so little - my husband has a similar thing where hunger just doesn't register until he's Extremely Hungry, which is obviously not ideal. I guess your internal equalizer has the Hunger volume set very low. This isn't a good or bad thing, just a fact you now know about yourself, and if that means sometimes you need to set alarms to remind yourself to eat, that's valid.
  • misplacedmama
    misplacedmama Posts: 78 Member
    @speyerj Thank you so much for sharing all of that! It's truly inspirational! ❤️❤️❤️

• kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    @trinati2001 the net calories are what you've eaten minus the exercise calories really your net calories shouldn't be lower than 1200 but I was eating under my calories and not eating back exercise calories so my net calories are too low and my weight loss has slowed. MFP is set so you're supposed to eat back exercise calories or at least a percentage of them but I had days where I was burning 500 calories and only eating 1000 calories and your body isn't built to sustain that and I've learned that the hard way. Now I'll need to make sure I'm eating more. You should log your walking cause you're probably burning more than you think, depending on your weight you can burn 100 calories per mile, I walk a minimum of 3 miles per day and have my profile set to sedentary so i log any exercise I do.
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    @kelMee2 Fitbit transfers my steps/exercise calories over to MFP. But I figure a lot of these exercise calories are getting eaten with some of my imperfect logging. For example I almost never log low calorie veggies. I figure they are not worth the effort. Also when I cut a piece of homemade bread I don't weigh it, so it is probably a little more than what I figured. Also when I estimate how many servings that went into a home cooked meal I might be off when it is actually fully dished up. So I kind of use my exercise calories to help out with the fact that I don't want to be perfect.

But your point is a good one. If I start seeing some slowdown I'll try eating those calories back to see if that helps.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @trinati2001 I mean, these burritos are my breakfast on weekday mornings. If the low-carb ones are gross I'll just go back to the regular tortillas I've been eating the whole time, since I've clearly been able to fit them into my budget thus far. The low-carb tortillas would have to like, keep me from feeling hungry for 10 full hours or something wild like that for me to keep buying them.