What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• southkonahi
    southkonahi Posts: 137 Member
    I"m on the hunt for a new salad dressing to replace the low fat/low calorie one that was my favorite before. Of the four stores I've checked, none have it anymore. Soooo, my current food obsession is finding a good tasting salad dressing that doesn't add an overage of calories. Any recommendations for something yummy to jazz up my lettuce salads? LOW calorie is mandatory for my quest.

I like skinny girl 10-15 calorie dressings. What flavor was your past one? Also like the panera 15 calorie poppyseed dressing.

Thanks for your suggestions. The one I was after was a Miso Dejon Mustard flavor.

I checked the skinny girls manufacturers website, it doesn't work well when seeking info on where their product is carried. I'll need to check in stores "in person".
    Panera's website says it's not available near to me.
  • southkonahi
    Lightly sweetened tahini paste with a touch of vanilla. Tastes similar to halvah but the texture is similar to nut/seed butter.

You know, I don't think I've ever bought tahini paste! Or even knowingly tasted it. :o
  • southkonahi
    I like honey mustard, not honey mustard dressing, just honey mustard, next to the mustard in the store. It’s strong enough you can only use a little. Gives salad a real zing!

Well that does sound zingy! The only honey mustard I can think of that I've had is as a dip for chicken strips at a fast food restaurant, but that might have actually been more of a dressing type of thing.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,707 Member
    These are soooo good!

wc863xkac8ja.jpeg
  • Thoin
    Thoin Posts: 942 Member
    Eggs
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    These are soooo good!

wc863xkac8ja.jpeg

Lol Iam wondering if someone has a personal vendetta against me because every post I put up has adidagree when the question is based on personal experience and preferences 😂
  • southkonahi
    I hope my current obsession is vegetarian chili, because I'm making a big pot of it now and it will take many meals to eventually consume it. (Yes, I know I can freeze some.) :)
  • southkonahi
    Vegetarian chili done cooking. I then "did the math" to see how many calories per 1 cup serving. For this time around (I change my recipe depending on what is in the cabinet and who will be eating), it is 250 per cup. A fully filling 2 cups is 500 calories, fine for my dinner allotment without have to "steal" allowable calories from another meal. BTW, it was delicious!!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    malted milk powder
  • GigiAgape1981
    GigiAgape1981 Posts: 64 Member
    malted milk powder

What is your favorite way/recipe of enjoying it?
  • southkonahi
    Looking back at past posts and photos here, there might be a fine line between "currently obsessed with" and "what's your kryptonite" . ;)

As I predicted, my current obsession is vegetarian chili (I have about 8 more cups to go of the batch). Did you know that cold chili on top of crispy lettuce is a delicious meal?!!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Mmm. I love chili on lettuce! Or spaghetti. Or —- almost anything. Chili with eggs!
    Off to make chili! It’s cold this morning
  • VegjoyP
    clrny8j9s8qv.png
  • pancakerunner
    malted milk powder

What is your favorite way/recipe of enjoying it?

I love adding it to baked goods!

I also add to my greek yogurt sometimes... and when I make homemade whipped cream :)
  • southkonahi
    Continuing with my veggie chili (which I'll eat every day till its gone) obsession, today I added to the lettuce and chili salad some fresh mushrooms sauteed in worchestire sauce, garlic powder, and seasoning (no oil). Gosh that was a winner to add to the plate.
  • southkonahi
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    Avocado toast is my current obsession

THAT is soooo delicious! Recently I added a dab of humus to avocado, it was a yummy combo.
  • pancakerunner

Even better? COCONUT MANNA TOAST
  • VegjoyP

YES
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member

I just did me a wee bit of research and I think I might be in love! I NEED to get this!