The gym during Covid

I don’t know about anyone else. But I’m quite loving all the changes at the gym during this time.....

People are less inclined to chat with and get close to strangers. So for the most part nobody bothers me.

Due to social distancing nobody can get on the treadmill right next to you.

Everyone is more conscious of wiping down machines after they use them.

I hope they make some of these changes permanently 👏🏽

Replies

• serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Lol! The introvert exerciser ;) in my city, gyms have been closed since November. At this point, I have all my equipment at home - I made many investments in equipment. I may just cancel my membership lol
  • DeaJay_
    DeaJay_ Posts: 21 Member
    serapel wrote: »
    Lol! The introvert exerciser ;) in my city, gyms have been closed since November. At this point, I have all my equipment at home - I made many investments in equipment. I may just cancel my membership lol

That’s awesome! I wish I had the room for my own personal gym. Maybe I’ll win the lottery this weekend and I can start building one lol!
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    edited April 2021
    I have a treadmill in my living room, and hand weights, exercise bands etc. And exercise Videos , I won't be returning to the gym. You don't have to win. The lotto to have at home equipment, lots of reasonable price ranges, Glad your happy with the changes.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Agreed. I don't mind socializing a bit but some people used to be pretty disgusting with their lack of cleaning habits.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    we've been locked out of gyms since November - while normally I appreciate a quieter, spaced out gym as well, right now I would return to the gym under any condition if only the government would allow it again!
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Yup...people are definitely wiping down equipment more regularly and are more respectful of personal space and sharing equipment. I've been back in the gym since June 2020. I managed to avoid contracting covid...and I have been fully vaccinated since early Feb. People are still being conscientious about mask use. I like the better habits of most of the gym regulars.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I miss being around people.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I've gone to the gym since the state allowed them to open on May 4th of 2020. I switched gyms to a closer one since I was going to my original one for the childcare (which hasn't come back) in July of 2020 and have gone 3x a week since.

I am fine with conversation from an appropriate social distance, I even welcome it.
  • 03CiaoBella
    03CiaoBella Posts: 40 Member
    Stopped going to the gym when the pandemic hit. I’ve taken to hiking and walking. My hubby gifted me a pair of 10 lb. weights for Christmas. Just need to be consistent with the weights. Good luck to all on their weight loss journey
  • SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 173 Member
    My gym now has personal cleaning bottles and towels. I would love it if they keep that going. It was always frustrating to search for th few that were scattered around and more often than not, the towels were so disgusting you most like were spreading more germs than killing them.