Born without legs and lost 89 lbs

faustinog
faustinog Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2021 in Success Stories
Good morning beautiful people !!! I have been using this app since may 13 of last year. I was born missing both my legs above the knee and mainly use a wheelchair to get around. I do wear prosthetics but after having two kids back to back my weight was super hard to maintain and I got up to about 242 - I was no longer able to fit in my prosthetics and was struggling so much with almost every daily task. I finally
Decided to do something about it and take better care of myself: my previous diets I ate barely any calories cut all carbs and lost a lot of weight quickly but put back on twice as much after a few months. This last time i did some research and decided to try a different tactic of eating all my
Meals with little snacks in between. I am now 153 and feeling amazing. I know it’s super overwhelming to start a diet and looking at that scale number and knowing how far I had to go and how much I had to lose was so overwhelming. I took it 10-20 pounds at a time and set small goals for myself. I just wanted to post because if anybody needs some motivation or encouragement I am here for anything !!! If I can do it anybody can ❤️ sualdtdqlkov.jpeg
[cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/wb/omhkda62ltfz.jpeg[/img]
3aqkmsf41nhi.jpeg
8m0ausxzy0y6.jpeg

Replies

• lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Amazing transformation!!! Fantastic job, losing fat is HARD work! I absolutely love seeing posts like this on here, they are so motivating to persevere through every stall and plateau and bad day in general.
  • alisampm
    alisampm Posts: 182 Member
    You look awesome! Way to stay with it and reach your goal.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Wonderful job! I'll bet you feel so much better.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Fantastic! Lookin' good!
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    Fantastic job and you look so cute!
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    Wow, great job!!! You are very inspiring so thanks for sharing!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Inspirational and beautiful <3 thanks for sharing your story! :)
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Fantastic transformation. You were beautiful in your before picture, but you now look drop dead hollywood glamorous. Congratulations. Are your prostheses now too large for your new body? You have set me back on my path to continue on my fitness lifestyle. Thank you for sharing your wonderful adventure with us.
  • The_Movie_Chair
    The_Movie_Chair Posts: 112 Member
    You are a rockstar and a hero. Congratulations! You will inspire many.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    What an amazing achievement! Well done!
  • Miryam2017
    Miryam2017 Posts: 2 Member
    You are a beautiful example to all of us.
    Well done!
  • Latrellis
    Latrellis Posts: 75 Member
    You look fantastic!
  • Cyulrichsen
    Cyulrichsen Posts: 12 Member
    awesome job!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,933 Member
    What an amazing transformation ....A HUGE CONGRATS to you ..... :):)
  • emailnumber308
    emailnumber308 Posts: 116 Member
    An inspiration indeed! You look amazing!
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    Proud of you and happy for you! Way to go! I agree- for me, too, making mini goals seems to be a big help with motivation!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    What an incredible accomplishment. Thank you for your inspirational story.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Great accomplishment!! Inspirational!! Yes you have inspired me. I am near the end and have been going the wrong way. I will break the last 10 into 2 lb increments. Thank you!! Incredible achievement!!
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    You are incredible woman! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!