๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€APRIL 2021 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Silvergrizz
    Silvergrizz Posts: 37 Member

I think we can safely say I won't be reaching my goal this month :( . I log all my food (even weighing each ingredient when cooking meals), stick to my calorie budget, walk 6-12k steps a day, do at least one workout a day, and I am just not losing. Not sure what else I can do to be honest.

What helped me the most was once I understood the relationship of macros in nutrition. I used the "intro to Macro tracking" 28 day plan during a free Premium Trial period ( think it was for 60 days). I reset my macros to 35% carbs, 30% fat and 35% protein and tried to hit that profile. I log all foods for the day first thing in the morning to see if it fits the profile, if not, I try to adjust to get as close as possible within reason while still providing me a variety of meals. I will look in the fridge to see what I have and then google recipes to see what I can make out of the ingredients instead of looking for recipes and going out to buy items for that recipe. Hope this gives you a little insight on your journey. Hang in there. I only work out 3 times a week, otherwise I follow the same routine as you, increasing my steps every couple of weeks. Averaging 12-15K per day currently.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,153 Member
    April Start Weight: 191lbs
    April Goal Weight: 185lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 180lbs

Apr 3: 190.6lbs (not the best but a loss is a loss)
    Apr 10: 190.6lbs *sigh* (I had this problem breaking 200lbs too. Took me a month)
    Apr 17: 189.8lbs :):):)
    Apr 24: 190lbs
    May 1:

I think we can safely say I won't be reaching my goal this month :( . I log all my food (even weighing each ingredient when cooking meals), stick to my calorie budget, walk 6-12k steps a day, do at least one workout a day, and I am just not losing. Not sure what else I can do to be honest.

The last ten pounds is really tough. If you've been hitting your calorie target for five or six weeks without any appreciable loss, maybe adjust your target down just a little bit or only eat back 2/3 of your exercise calories. The calorie contents are somewhat of estimates, and the estimates for calorie expenditures are for SURE estimates.
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    @Annawan24
    WELL DONE! And thank you for encouragement :)