The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• jodu76
    jodu76 Posts: 6 Member
    44 here and everything hurts...😂
  • jenwiifit
    jenwiifit Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone
  • TX375
    TX375 Posts: 17 Member
    Gained 10lbs since New Year!
    😡

Need you lovely people to keep me on track.

Ut oh.. :#

Yep, although I can kind of put it down to the steroids I'm taking for my lupus.
    Non-stop starving

Im sorry to hear about the Lupus, is that a recent diagnosis?
    Steroids are notorious for weight gain I've heard.

Yeah - diagnosed in December after a year of agony and misery.

Hate to hear that. For what it's worth you're not alone. I was diagnosed two years ago, along with rheumatoid arthritis at a point when I was in the best shape of my life. The lupus is in remission now (mostly), and I'm hopeful for some progress with the RA. I can't reliably grip a barbell and the meds have me out of commission two days a week, but it could be worse. Hang in there. Feel free to reach out. Thought I was a unicorn.... haven't run across any other dudes with lupus. Take care man.
  • TX375
    TX375 Posts: 17 Member
    angnewcomb wrote: »
    A place for us middle agers to become friends and share fitness advice.

40 here! I'm on a mission to become more fit and healthy than I was in my 20's!

Good luck! I was able to do that in my 40's. Consistency is the key, and also the reason I need to start over again now.... ha. :p Have a good one!
  • Soon2BSuper
    Soon2BSuper Posts: 1,767 Member
    Hello MFP. I'm back after a long hiatus to get my healthy habits back in check. Pandemic stress got me down pretty bad and I feel I've gone from Superman to Endgame Thor (Spoiler :D ). Now 2 weeks in and slowly getting my healthier habits back but would love to rebuild my support network as much of my list is no longer active. Just turned 49 with the goal of hitting healthy perfection before 50!
  • SLuv0710
    SLuv0710 Posts: 26 Member
    jodu76 wrote: »
    44 here and everything hurts...😂

Also 44! Thankfully not everything hurts, but I'd love an accountability buddy!
  • petegamer21
    petegamer21 Posts: 7 Member
    Evening all. 51 years young, UK based and always up for friend requests.
  • Hsvaquita
    Hsvaquita Posts: 24 Member
    Hi. 37 in north Alabama. Always looking for fun conversations and motivation. Please add me if you’d like :)
  • SLuv0710
    SLuv0710 Posts: 26 Member
    55 here, so I'm at the upper age of this group. When I run in the mornings, I can reach that state where I am only aware of my breathing and I have few thoughts in my head. How do you carry that peace to the rest of your day? I tend to combat the anxiety with pretzels, which are not the best remedy.

That is the best feeling....but I'm not sure how to keep it.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Feel free to add me. Will be hitting 41 later this year. Joined in 2012 and had success then and am back for a refresher course :smiley:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited April 2021
    Good morning all. 🙂

I hope this coming week your struggles are minor and you have a great week kicking your goals. As someone above said, consistency is key. Get day 1 done, then day 2.. its important to remember that if you do feel you stuffed up, made a mistake on any given day.. remember that you can't change yesterday so don't dwell on it, learn from it and move on.. each morning is fresh and new so make it a great one
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    TX375 wrote: »
    Gained 10lbs since New Year!
    😡

Need you lovely people to keep me on track.

Ut oh.. :#

Yep, although I can kind of put it down to the steroids I'm taking for my lupus.
    Non-stop starving

Im sorry to hear about the Lupus, is that a recent diagnosis?
    Steroids are notorious for weight gain I've heard.

Yeah - diagnosed in December after a year of agony and misery.

Hate to hear that. For what it's worth you're not alone. I was diagnosed two years ago, along with rheumatoid arthritis at a point when I was in the best shape of my life. The lupus is in remission now (mostly), and I'm hopeful for some progress with the RA. I can't reliably grip a barbell and the meds have me out of commission two days a week, but it could be worse. Hang in there. Feel free to reach out. Thought I was a unicorn.... haven't run across any other dudes with lupus. Take care man.

Yeah, not many of us about fella.
  • csmcozart
    csmcozart Posts: 50 Member
    We are all saying hi and being friendly, which is great! However, I'd like to know what everyone is doing for exercise. At home programs? Gym? Running? I'm currently doing Insanity: Max 30. Anyone else doing this or a similar program?
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    csmcozart wrote: »
    We are all saying hi and being friendly, which is great! However, I'd like to know what everyone is doing for exercise. At home programs? Gym? Running? I'm currently doing Insanity: Max 30. Anyone else doing this or a similar program?

I have just started quick home workouts (added to my regular Saturday morning karate). The app I have downloaded (FitOn) has a whole bunch of workouts categorized into intensity levels, time, type of workout, area of focus and objective.

So I can say I have 10 minutes to work on my core and can handle a medium intensity. I feel like dancing today, so let me pick one of these workouts...

That said, I have a 17 minute pilates basics and a 13 minute tabata workout to do
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Im just walking right now.. a couple of injuries have sidelined me a bit.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member

I dance...ALOT. Also elliptical workouts, some hiking, and walking in my neighborhood.
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member

Walking, marching in place while watching t.v. or to stand up and move when working from home, even a walking video to do indoors. I've added hand weights to it. I have some dance videos that focus on the abs while getting an aerobic workout. But I am getting winded quickly. So I'm trying to build back my stamina. I used to walk 2 - 4 miles in the mountains when I was younger. I really lost a lot of my stamina and fitness abilities compared to when I was younger.