The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    @LoveyChar Sounds like he is a narcissist. On psychology today.com I read article about people who get jealous of others even their children --if they get more attention. Sounds bizarre but it can be true.

My cousin *like a brother* is this aunt's son. He told me that he is becoming his father. He said it sadly, but doesn't want to change.

<3 I feel so badly for your situation, but you seem very strong!! And I don't blame you for telling him exactly what you feel, and how he makes you feel.
    It would be one thing if he admitted he was wrong but he seems to think he's right ...

Anyway I am rambling. If we can help, you can always vent on here for support!
    I thought it was interesting his mom said those things to you- she knows how he is.

I hope you have some good friends to talk to. You are not alone.

Thank you...
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @RubyRed427 I have time in the morning, fortunately. It's the one time of day I actually make time for whatever whether it's silence or coming here. I'm going to fill that space with the Artist's Way technique. I'll try anything but I hold alot inside and a release of all the negative first thing in the morning sounds like a great start!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    @LoveyChar It's such a blessing that your daughter is in your life- and you sound like a wonderful loving mom! I agree - it is great that Prom could be held this year!

I'm not sure if you pray but once I read a book called the "praying wife" and it recommends praying for your husband a lot and not tell him. He may slowly change just from prayers. Who knows if that will work and I'm not a bible pusher but prayer can be positive and calming.

In our Cleveland.com website there is a question/answer column this lady writes. It was relevant to what we've been talking about on this thread.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2021/04/dear-annie-try-to-avoid-hitting-rock-bottom.html