The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    csmcozart wrote: »
    We are all saying hi and being friendly, which is great! However, I'd like to know what everyone is doing for exercise. At home programs? Gym? Running? I'm currently doing Insanity: Max 30. Anyone else doing this or a similar program?

I walk every day, I do yoga 2 or 3 times a week, I do HIIT a couple times a week and do some strength training. Not following any specific plan though
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Standard week:
    Sunday - circuit training class, walk of some sort
    Monday- walk 1, run 3 or 4
    Tuesday- run 1, circuit training class
    Wednesday - walk 1, run 3 or 4
    Thursday - circuit training class
    Friday; walk run, run 5
    Saturday: personal trainer, maybe a walk.
  • Pertapert
    Pertapert Posts: 17 Member
    We are all saying hi and being friendly, which is great! However, I'd like to know what everyone is doing for exercise. At home programs? Gym? Running? I'm currently doing Insanity: Max 30. Anyone else doing this or a similar program?

Hi there,
    So initially I was doing Zumba at home but now I'm walking 6 miles a day, 3 miles in the am before work and 3 miles in the evening. I also do a 30 min upper body weights exercise from a fella I follow on YouTube. Workouts like P90X and Insanity are a little too much for right now, but maybe one day... 😊
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Good to know that now that I'm 36, I qualify for "middle age". :grimace:

I've been here since 2017, though.. and I was definitely not 36 then. :lol:

So good to have you finally join us! I have been stalking this board for a few years now.

Hey, you! I see a few people I recognize from Chit-Chat. :heart:
  • Pertapert
    Working out can be such a challenge on bigger bodies!😳. I only hope that I can push through and get to the coveted other side. Hoping to make a few friends on here to get that much needed support to keep pushing & vise versa 🙏🏾💪🏾. Oh and btw, good morning all 😊
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Good to know that now that I'm 36, I qualify for "middle age". :grimace:

I've been here since 2017, though.. and I was definitely not 36 then. :lol:

So good to have you finally join us! I have been stalking this board for a few years now.

Hey, you! I see a few people I recognize from Chit-Chat. :heart:

♥️🤗
  • 03CiaoBella
    03CiaoBella Posts: 40 Member
    Hi All! I’m 56 and tired of being a chubby girl. So looking forward to loosing weight with you. Turns out going down this journey is easier when in the company of others who understand the struggle. Sign me up!
  • 03CiaoBella
    Oh boy! I tweaked my inner thigh knee area. Trying to stretch it out. My hips are tight, need to work on flexibility. Anyone out there who can relate?
  • csmcozart
    csmcozart Posts: 50 Member
    I am thinking about doing two workouts per day; one in the morning and one in the evening. Anyone have experience with combining a beachbody program with Insanity Max 30?
  • Versicolour
    Oh boy! I tweaked my inner thigh knee area. Trying to stretch it out. My hips are tight, need to work on flexibility. Anyone out there who can relate?

Definitely! I need to do more stretching
  • Versicolour
    I am thinking about doing two workouts per day; one in the morning and one in the evening. Anyone have experience with combining a beachbody program with Insanity Max 30?

If you can, that would probably be good. How much do you currently do? Perhaps increase it gradually at the beginning
  • Pertapert

If you can, that would probably be good. How much do you currently do? Perhaps increase it gradually at the beginning

I agree. Both can be done but do it gradually, not to over do it on your body. I know walking is a far cry from an Insanity work out, but I just recently bumped my walk up from 3 mi in the am to now 3 mi in the am and then another 3 mi in the pm and I can totally feel the difference on my body. It's getting a little ether though the more I do it. Hope this helps, and sending you good vibes for whatever decision you make 😊
  • howdyitsdavid
    howdyitsdavid Posts: 11 Member
    Turning 45 next week. Would really like to lose 27lbs through Summer. I know it's doable, I just have terrible food discipline. Making a new MFP for like the 100th time!
  • 03CiaoBella
    What's the exercise plan for today? I’m going for a hike with my husband. Sun is out, perfect day to hit the trails! However you decide to move, have fun doing it.
  • Versicolour
    I had karate circuit training followed by a 5km run/walk/chat with my friend
  • 03CiaoBella
    This is what happened while on my hike. Came across two pet bunnies being walked on leashes and wild artichoke growing along the path. Nice!
  • csmcozart
    csmcozart Posts: 50 Member
    What's the exercise plan for today? I’m going for a hike with my husband. Sun is out, perfect day to hit the trails! However you decide to move, have fun doing it.

I hiked 9 miles and gained almost 2,000 feet in elevation.
  • claytjones564
    claytjones564 Posts: 8 Member

Cardio which basically include, power walks, light inclined jogging (can’t jog fast cos of my ankles), punching bag (good for full body workout and builds the core)

• NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Happy Sunday from London 😊