Garden thread

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Let's talk about how there's always April snow and below zero temps. (Just my whining. I know it's been worse elsewhere.)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Let's talk about how there's always April snow and below zero temps. (Just my whining. I know it's been worse elsewhere.)

Haha :) 100% chance of snow today here. Gotta love it. But that's New England. I keep telling myself it *is* only April. We were simply spoiled by a couple of weeks of really nice 60-70 weather.
    Having my snow tires changed out this Friday so hopefully that'll mark the true transition to spring weather. :)
  • lemurcat2
    It wasn't actually below zero, just below freezing. I don't usually think about weather in Celcius!
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    0C is the freezing point though. Equal to 32F.
  • lemurcat2
    0C is the freezing point though. Equal to 32F.

I know, that was my point. To me, below 0 means below 0 F. Below freezing means below 32 F. I claimed a below zero temp which would be quite odd here in late April, rather than the below freezing I meant. Seemed a weird thing for me to type by mistake, but I guess I'm prone to drama re cold weather. ;-)
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Ah gotcha. I read it as thinking you'd made a mistake translating freezing to Celsius and was like "no... that's right..." 🙂

Just impulse bought some catnip seeds. We have a ragged flower box under the front window that we never do anything with because the cat sits in one side of it, so... 🤷‍♀️
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,893 Member
    yajbtoi11nda.png
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited April 2021
    @lx1x Nice! Hope we get to see the bonsai'ed maples. :)
    My sister had a bunch of lilac tree shoots growing on her lawn so she replanted a bunch and sold them at a yard sale she had. Who knew how popular they'd be? :)

Sorry about your tomatoes. :(

Trying to be patient here in Vt. because planting isn't recommended until after Memorial Day. After having 60-70 degree weather a couple weeks ago, it's even harder to wait now. :(
  • eijaj
    eijaj Posts: 20 Member
    This is some hard core and long term meal planning, when I have to have everything I want to eat in July ready and growing now :D Also many work outs planned out months ahead, as this and that project have to be done during this summer around the garden.