Getting back on track !!!

zheother
zheother Posts: 28 Member
edited April 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Well, my latest attempt started 10 months ago, and so far its been the most successful.

10 years ago I was in good shape.

8d3vxt4vph83.jpg

10 years later I picked up some bad habits, started an office job, take out became the staple of my nutrition, dropped all cardio and fitness...you know the drill. My lowest weight during my Uni days was around 85 kilos, and over the years the weight slowly raised, and after some Yo-Yos diets I got to my highest weight at around 126 kilos (277 pounds).

o8cpyav6wn2v.jpg

I tried keto, intermittent fasting, LCHF, and while successful in the short term, I didn't know what to do once I drop the weight cause I was looking for quick fixes but 10 months ago with the picture above I came to a breaking point, decided to simplify everything and just go for CiCo (calories in calories out). Everything is on the table, no restrictions beside calories and I try to walk everyday and so far I dropped 22 kilos.

My goal weight is 90 kilos which I reckon will come in another 10 months but that's fine, I realized its a marathon, not a sprint.

Current progress picture.
ljj9nv5djhmb.jpg

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,108 Member
    Great progress, keep up the good work!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    I really like that you said everything is on the table, no restrictions and that CICO working for you. After following CICO myself now, having tried everything else, like yourself! I was doubting whether it was working for me as weight loss slowed right down... but it does work and losing again.
    You’ve made great progress and are looking great!
  • zheother
    Janatki wrote: »
    I really like that you said everything is on the table, no restrictions and that CICO working for you. After following CICO myself now, having tried everything else, like yourself! I was doubting whether it was working for me as weight loss slowed right down... but it does work and losing again.
    You’ve made great progress and are looking great!
    Thanks for the compliment :)

Ye, everything is on the table but you still have to be mindful that indulging yourself with a chocolate or a cookie is fine as long as you don't go over your maintenance kcal. That kind of mentality keeps me away from cheat meals cause I don't look at it as a cheat meal, I look at it as a way to keep my cravings under control.

If the weight loss slows down, you drop a few calories or increase your cardio, I'm myself on a plateau at the moment since I reintroduced breakfast after a long time, so I'm contemplating on either dropping breakfast or increasing my walk durations.
  • zheother
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Great progress, keep up the good work!

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Wonderful progress!!
  • zheother
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Wonderful progress!!

• zheother
    So what I thought was a plateau was actually still weight loss, good thing I didn't cut my calories too much. you can notice a small pattern from the beginning of the month, 1 week of plateau then at the end of the 2nd week a drop in weight, which is weird, I'm guessing with the 7 km a day walks force my body to retain some water.

1 kilo down :) just 13 left hah

nyor5sbd43iy.png
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    You're doing awesome man!
  • galarqueen
    galarqueen Posts: 16 Member
    You're doing great! Keep it up!
  • zheother
    Thank you for the kind words :smile:

I managed to run 1.5 km today in 9:30, not a lot but its something :smile: , plan now is to raise it to 5.0 km by the end of May in under 30:00 which is reasonable I think considering I could run it once upon a time.

I hope that by the end of May I'll hit 100 kg and from there do a month of maintenance to give myself a small break, I'll still keep doing cardio and start introducing some bodyweight exercises to get ready for the final push for 90 kg, and once I'm there...who knows :smiley:
  • tofubunni
    tofubunni Posts: 1 Member
    Great job! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻
  • Ty6940
    Ty6940 Posts: 148 Member
    Awesome! I tried successfully once but then failed hard. Trying again!