WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,429 Member
    Today, when we were up on Fidalgo island, where the hospital is in Anacortes, we went to the bookstore there. My nose test for COVID went really fast so unfortunately many of the shops were still closed. The book store was open so while Lee looked around, I played the piano there. I haven't played for almost 2 years, but my songs came back. A couple of people stopped and said thank you. Its nice to hear my songs wafting around the store, mingling with the whooshing sounds from the barista there. Granted it takes 30 minutes to drive over there, but the drive is nice, especially going over Deception Pass bridge.
    So now I'm just hungry! Lady from the hospital called and I told her I am set to do prep this afternoon. Have to be at the hospital at 6:45 am tomorrow. Easy peasy!
    Rebecca
    🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🚽🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃😳🙃
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    Did a Mel B Workout DVD. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise.

KJ – Feel better fast. Lights in Lisa’s spa area is an awesome idea

After exercise went to Aldi then WalMart. Afterwards, had breakfast and we cleaned the filters. Boy, were they ever dirty. Then strung popcorn. Still have a ways to go but it sounds like nice weather the next few days so I should get more done. Forgot to put my sunscreen on but I won’t forget tomorrow!!!! Ceramics tonight

Lisa – that looks too close for comfort. Take care.

katla – think of all the calories you’re burning cleaning that oven!

Oh goody, goody, goody. I now have a 12 day streak!

Michele NC
    who will probably go work some on the puzzle
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/yogi- 1hr 41min 41sec, 53elev109ahr, 131mhr, 6.25mi= 595c
    Strava app = 757c
    Other, working on patio, trimming shrubs 1hr 3min 46sec = 298c

Total 893 cal
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,599 Member
    Good Wednesday evening,

Well, it took 13 hours from start of invoices until the last one was called today! No assistance from you know who, but I got it done. She really needs to work more with the system so she can figure it out. She took one call for an estimate and couldn't figure out how to go over it. Not only is it on the computer, but it is written on the back of the bill she had in her hand! SMH! and pulling my hair out. I will just keep doing my job, and hope it is enough to keep things going the right way. I only have a few invoices to total tonight. Need to do some house paperwork. First I have to figure out dinner....but really wanted to sit for a few.
    It is strange to be listening to thunder again. We got home just before it started. Spring is here. My first thought was worry about my fur babies, but then remembered they are gone. :'( Strange not having them curling under my feet when it is storming.

Oh well, I need to get dinner going, kitchen cleaned, bills paid and some paperwork.

TTFN,
    Kylia in stormy OH
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    DH, the dog & I had a lovely day watching ducks and mammals in the water between the docks and the shoreline. It has cooled outdoors so we came inside. 🦆 t
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, returned R’s call, 1 hr cleaning including sweeping cobwebs.
    Bonus: another load of laundry, 1.25 hrs line dancing
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call MD’s office and ask Dr. Patel if ansar test, care plan and extended visit time are not covered by Medicare for annual, can we forego next time?, email EOBs and invoice to admin@chetcomedical , find those torture bands, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), , next Tuesday: appraisal prep, call Jeanette re: Joe’s annual, ansar, advanced care and extended ofc visit?, Wednesday: Grand Jury, appraisal Friday: locksmith for mailbox key.
    Active April:
    27: Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes: only once, not extra

Lisa you make mowing sound fun!
    Ginny Cheetos, oh yes, I definitely weigh them before I eat them. It’s astonishing to me how many “servings” even a small bag has.
    Michele I think PJ will enjoy the bubble mower, that he can push himself, more than being remote controlled by his parents in the jeep.
    Allie prayer said.
    Rebecca sending good vibes for tomorrow’s procedure.
    Betsy fortunately this leak was in the pump room, a shed like attachment to the house with a gravel floor, so no personal treasures lost. I agree about water damage being worse than fire damage and when the water damage comes from fighting the fire…

Totally pooped from prepping for appraiser, more on that tomorrow.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 27, weigh/wii: 270/0; steps>5627=7689 yay! vits=26, log=27, CI<CO=23, CI<250<CO=19, Tumble=27, Shadow=28, mfp=27, outside=31 up hill=30
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=3 dance=2, clean 30 mins=10.33, packwalk=9, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11:140.9 4/18:143.7[sigh] 4/25: 145.1 :P 4/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=15 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Betsy: I am delighted that you were able to visit with family and friends. Meeting your friends in a park with your own chairs and visiting with each other is brilliant. Congratulations!!!.

I’m looking forward to tomorrow and hope it turns out to be as lovely outside as today.

Katla
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,805 Member
    This morning my commute of about 18 km took 1 hour and 15 minutes.

This is definitely one reason why I have opted to drop one day of work each fortnight!

I am waiting for the bus to go home now and if my home trip is about 45 minutes as usual I will have spent 2 hours of my day on the bus.

Not my favourite use of time.

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,599 Member
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,805 Member
    Lagopus wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    This morning my commute of about 18 km took 1 hour and 15 minutes.
    Yo Machka, I understand why you'd love to drop a day! Back when I lived in Stockholm and commuted 16 km to work it took me 43 minutes by bike and 40-55 by public transportation. By private car it would have taken even longer. Is there any way you could combine your love of cycling with your commute?

Putting in those 32 kilometers five days a week from March to October really kept me fit. I'm now on my 87th straight day of getting more than 10,000 steps a day. Today they took the form of a 10 km run (14,000 steps as of 10:30 am). All this is slowly but surely peeling off the weight I gained in the summer of 2019.

Hubby and I are flying to the mainland this afternoon with eight pieces of luggage. We're starting to dismantle our home up here. Just two more months in the High Arctic. :'(

/Penny, still at the
    t07190.gif

I would absolutely love to cycle to and from work and have done in the past in other locations and for other jobs.

Unfortunately, as is the case all over southern Tasmania, there is quite a bit of climbing. When I was quite fit a few years ago, I tried the shortest route 2 or 3 times on weekends, and it took over and hour and some effort. I'm not that fit now.

I live near sea level and the route goes up and over quite a large hill to my workplace, also near sea level. The photo here was taken on one of those Saturdays from near the top of the hill ... just a bit down the city side.

The second thing is the traffic. The traffic in the photo is quite light because it was the weekend. During the week, morning traffic, in particular, is bumper to bumper. There is a decent shoulder most of the way, except just around the corner from where that photo was taken. There is about a 1-2 km stretch with no shoulder at all as you scream down the hill.

The third thing is that my office building is not particularly keen on storing bicycles. :rage: A 10-storey building with maybe 100 people/floor is provided with a tiny cage that houses maybe about 20 bicycles. It's very much first-come, first-serve.

q0ruqmg2yg1q.png

I have thought about other options. One might be to go the long way with my folding bicycle as long as I could also bring a case/bag for it so that I could take it on the bus on the way home and also carry it upstairs to my office.

"They" are doing construction on the long way which might improve that route. There is slightly less climbing and hopefully the construction will make it safer for cyclists.

If I can increase my fitness level over winter, I may attempt that next spring.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,187 Member
    Penny thinking of you, A LOT! <3 Congratulations on that 10 k . That's beyond me I think, though I'm still doing my 5ks regularly.

This morning I spent some frustrating time sorting out personal admin. The bank blocked my payment for the floor yesterday, so I had to check with the company if it had gone through. No. So I paid the bill another way. Seems to be OK. Also paid the electrician by not using the fancy pants system, just a straight bank transfer.
    Then I rang Saga to ask why we hadn't had confirmation or any paperwork for our booking. On hold for 21 mins. The upshot is that the insurance checkers have a backlog and need to telephone us to check on my virus and blood test results and DH's bang on the head. They are 4 weeks behind.

So, need to get going.

Singing Zoom this afternoon.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK ❤️
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    I read you! My route in Stockholm was fairly flat and I took the long way around to make use of several well-developed bike paths. Lots of people cycle in Tromsø (where we'll be living from July on), but the what the town lacks in bike paths it makes up for in steep hills, all of which tend to be covered in snow and ice much of the year.

/Penny
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,350 Member
    edited April 2021
    Rained all night, my kitty with very wet paws just came in and yelled at me to tell me it's still wet out there. She always wants out the door to the carport, because it doesn't rain on her... but she always makes her way around to the back door to come back in, so her feet get wet when it's raining out.

Corey's up, lunch is made, dinking around trying to decide whether to get some work done on the quilt this morning before I go in to get my shot or just have an easy morning. Not sure I'll be up to it later. Did anyone else have the Moderna second shot, and did you have a flu-like reaction? If so, how long did it last? My first shot left my arm achy and ouchy for nearly three days, but that was about it.
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    Lisa.. I love that you called me brave... I turn that to you. You are so brave with your life and the challenges you've faced. I admire you as you deal with making a new life in a new place... with health issues that would lay a weaker woman down... and you keep moving and now you do so much... in the house and the yard. Crazy... Hope you know ... you are kind of a Wonder Woman yourself. :-)
    Betsy in NW WA

Thank you, Betsy! What a lovely thing to say. Hope your sister's treatment is very successful.

Kylia
    - The weather that woke me up with more than a few thunder boomers is heading your way again, dear heart. It's quite a system, stretches all the way down to my brother-in-law in Corpus Christi.
    b4j1dgu8wckl.png

Penny - Is this permanently, or for the season? I have some memory of you saying it was a permanent move this time, but could be way off base.

The quilt work went sideways yesterday and left me ripping out seams all yesterday evening... attaching the one-foot-wide, quilted side rails around the center panel left one side looking beautiful and other side all wonky, and was just beyond fixing, so am removing the offending sash stitch by stitch. Picking out navy stitches on navy cloth is an exercise in patience--and I didn't come supplied with much. Part of that is because to be able to see it takes two pairs of reading glasses, bright lights, and holding it a few inches from my nose. Ah well, part of the deal.

Don't get me wrong, I am by no means a perfectionist when it comes to quilts. For one thing, a number of minor booboos tend to be obscured in the wash, literally, as the material draws up a bit in the dryer. I also tend to subscribe to the notion that if you strive for perfection, the gods get angry, as they feel you wish to be godlike. (That's a joke for the perfectionists in the crowd.) My family is horrible about pointing out flaws in anything, so I tell them the gods will strike me dead if it's perfect. However, some things will wreck a quilt, and a twisted sash is one of them.

Whatever I'm doing, it's time to get on with it.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa