- Work from home :smiley:
    - Shower :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Run errands :smiley:
    - Pick up V from school :smiley:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Stay green :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Whatever your plans today, make yourself proud!
    Yesterday was good, but pretty low key. Today I am working from home the first half of the day and at a remote site in the afternoon. Then I'll pick up V and come home to get ready for date night. We're just going to the pub to play trivia, nothing big, but a fun time. Goal for today will be 1700 cal rather than 1310.

Other than that, just a rainy dreary day...

JFT Thursday
    - weigh :smiley:
    - Work from home
    - Go do audits
    - Get ready
    - Date night
    - Log food
    - stay under maintenance 1700
    - bed by 11:30.

Have a happy day y'all!
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So I have a bit of exciting news.

I think I'm gonna go back to studying!
    At present I have low qualifications (A level but only Cs) but I can do a course at the Open University from home to get a degree!
    I would do part time course (16-18hrs of studying per week) and it would take 6 years.
    I think one of the reasons I'm feeling down is I don't seem to have much purpose other than "mum". And when they grow up, what am I gonna do then because I'd only be able to get a minimum wage job.
    I also want to achieve something, make something of my life, and also do something so the girls can be proud of me and to hopefully create a better life for them.

Im hoping to do Social Psychology. It's the first time in years I've been really excited to actually do something! Eeee.

Just have to ring a few things first, make sure I can enrol without it affecting any of my benefits and see if I can get a student loan.
    I actually feel happy thinking about it. Actual happy. Not forced happy lol xx

Goals for today though.

- Clean the pots.
    - Do some exercise.

That's it for today I think, keep it easy. Not exercised in ages and could do with burning some energy!

Phantastic! Please follow through! I did complete career change about 10 years ago, now, as my company is acting funny and there are not so many jobs in my field I am thinking I will go back to university as well. I was exhausting back then with the kids being so small but now I can see it won
    t be long until they are full blast teenagers and I can deal with my own life again. Being a mum is great but so is studying ;-)
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member

At present I have low qualifications (A level but only Cs) but I can do a course at the Open University from home to get a degree!
    I would do part time course (16-18hrs of studying per week) and it would take 6 years.
    I think one of the reasons I'm feeling down is I don't seem to have much purpose other than "mum". And when they grow up, what am I gonna do then because I'd only be able to get a minimum wage job.
    I also want to achieve something, make something of my life, and also do something so the girls can be proud of me and to hopefully create a better life for them.

Im hoping to do Social Psychology. It's the first time in years I've been really excited to actually do something! Eeee.
    !

So excited for you! Definitely do it now, don’t wait! Love you!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    @bookmeister86 I understand doing work you really care about. I love my career and worked for the same company for over 30 years, which I loved in the beginning. But the company grew & changed, and new management didn't think my skills were a good fit any longer. I was snapped up by a consulting firm the week after my job was "eliminated" by my old company. I am happy for anyone that has passion for their career, and is able to make a difference.

@Bex953172 Wonderful news on going back to school! Best of luck to you! I bet you really rock this! <3

Recap 4/28 W
    1) X-train after work? nope :(
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :neutral: 12/14 & 7.7K
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged ~ stick w/ plan / net cals zero / 12c water >:) Evening not good -737 & 13c
    4) Research OGC-related regs / email Ivory for needed info :| instead, called Robin, then Derrick & he'll get back to me / compare auth user lists to EE list :| started / print SS EE sheet / pack for last two days of work at home = 5/5
    5) Scan invoices / prep invoice pmts / store decorative dishes in hutch & cupboard / declutter 15 min. / one other chore ~ yep = 5/5
    6) Meditation / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:30 alarm (walk dog before work) :s Ack!

JFT 4/29 R
    1) Walked dog 3.88 mi before work :smiley: happy dog (lady we met actually called her this) & happy me
    2) Move hourly
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Cont. auth user lists comparisons to EE list / clear some email backlog
    5) Register for 100 Miles in May challenge / declutter 15 min. / other chore?
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (x-train before work)

Yesterday my sister & BIL went to see mom & dad. Sister was upset by our brother's call as I was, and she & I had good phone call last night. Mom decided pain & immobility is worse than fear of surgery & rehab. Now she's on Prednisone with knee replacement surgery scheduled for June. Guess the reason she hadn't told sister and me earlier was that she had been against the surgery and since it was a no-go, we didn't need to hear details about her suffering. Glad sister was able to visit and help the situation.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @Bex953172 That course sounds really interesting - I hope it works out for you.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site. AM run.
    2. Pit Crew: None today.
    3. Classes: Kahoot review for quiz. Sound Technique comparison.
    4. Planning: Stretch. Meeting. Grade classwork and late work.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers.
    6. Afternoon: Graaaaade! 1 hour Clois. Walk at park. Check in on MFP.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Bibimbap. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    Today: 189.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Can I manage a run tomorrow? Dunno. Getting up early is hard.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member

JFT Thursday
    - Go do audits :smiley:
    - Get ready :smiley:
    - Date night :smiley:
    - stay under maintenance 1700 :neutral: Close, but not quite
    - bed by 11:30. :smiley:

Have a happy day y'all!

Had a good night out with the hubby last night. I typically just drink light beer, but they had themed drink specials so we decided to try them. Lots of vodka and spiced rum later, I was ready for bed. I guesstimated calories for the evening and came in just over what I'd planned, I'm calling it a win. Tomorrow is prom day, so I will be busy going with my daughter to hair, make up and pictures. I look forward to it, but not much exercise scheduled.

JFT Friday
    - Go in to work
    - Create a Power Point for calibration stuff.
    - Audit MPW
    - Pick up V
    - Pick up boutonniere
    - Pick up jersey
    - Log food
    - stay green
    - Bed by 11:30

Happy Friday y'all!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member

JFT Thursday
    - Go do audits :smiley:
    - Get ready :smiley:
    - Date night :smiley:
    - stay under maintenance 1700 :neutral: Close, but not quite
    - bed by 11:30. :smiley:

Have a happy day y'all!

Had a good night out with the hubby last night. I typically just drink light beer, but they had themed drink specials so we decided to try them. Lots of vodka and spiced rum later, I was ready for bed. I guesstimated calories for the evening and came in just over what I'd planned, I'm calling it a win. Tomorrow is prom day, so I will be busy going with my daughter to hair, make up and pictures. I look forward to it, but not much exercise scheduled.

JFT Friday
    - Go in to work
    - Create a Power Point for calibration stuff.
    - Audit MPW
    - Pick up V
    - Pick up boutonniere
    - Pick up jersey
    - Log food
    - stay green
    - Bed by 11:30

Happy Friday y'all!

I love spiced rum!

I hope your daughter has a lovely prom, her dress was absolutely beautiful!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member

Just have to ring a few things first, make sure I can enrol without it affecting any of my benefits and see if I can get a student loan.
    I actually feel happy thinking about it. Actual happy. Not forced happy lol xx

Goals for today though.

- Clean the pots.
    - Do some exercise.

That's it for today I think, keep it easy. Not exercised in ages and could do with burning some energy!

Bex .. this is fantastic news!! So proud of you ... and I know that degree is such a good fit for you! I hear how you are always encouraging others on this thread .. you have a way about it that really helps. So perfect degree for you! Yes, your girls will be so proud of you also .. and know that nothing is impossible!
    Best of luck to you!!! Way to go!!!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    I was sure I posted goals yesterday, but can’t find them. I made one of the three.

I logged it all. The bad, the bad and the ugly.
    Today is going about the same. I need more energy and more time. It’s junk lunch doing me in.

• Snowflake1968
    JFT- Saturday May 1
    1.5L water
    Log all Food
    15 minute walk

• Snowflake1968
    JFT- Saturday May 1
    1.5L water - 🙂
    Log all Food - 🙂
    15 minute walk - 🙂

JFT- Sunday May 2
    1.5L water
    Log all Food
    15 minute walk

@pridesabtch - your daughter is beautiful:)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member

uzv5ct5emeb8.gif

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] 15 Jan: 145.2
    [*] 22 Jan: 144.9
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • 8 April: 143.2
    • 11 April: 142.2 😍
    • Total weight loss: 84.8 ⏫
    Daily Goals:
    Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: Tue: Wed: Thu: Fri:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 2/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 2/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 2/7

🌷Positive intentions for Mon 3 May:
    • Meditation 🪅
    • Weigh/post weight 🪅
    • Workmon 5 year review
    • Laundry - sort and store 🪅
    • Sort summer wardrobe
    • Daily Chores 🪅
    • Puzzles: 🪅 Watch TV: 🪅
    • Travel Books: download new book
    • Keep up to date with email 🪅
    • Daily goals update 🪅

Feb/March/April/May DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr: 30/30
    💧💧

NLNS
    (7 March —->) 24/25
    April: 30/30

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

Terri 🦄
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    @Bex953172 That's excellent news. I went back to college after my kids had gone to primary school. Never regretted it for a minute.

@pridesabtch Your baby girl,is a stunner.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site. 7 assignments graded.
    2. Pit Crew: None today. Print & post bell schedule.
    3. Classes: TPCASTT Sympathy and Caged Bird. Sound Technique comparison. Figurative language terms.
    4. Planning: Stretch. P&P notes. Grade classwork and late work.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers.
    6. Afternoon: Graaaaade! 1 hour Clois. Walk at park. Check in on MFP.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Bibimbap. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    Today: 195.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Supposed to pour for the next two days. Gonna focus on flexibility.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • mytime6630
    @pridesabtch -- what a beautiful picture!
  • mytime6630
    Nearly there, one day to go before holiday! So excited, I really need a change of scene.

Hope you are enjoying your vacation!! We have not been anywhere since 2019 --- I'm sure you are the same with the covid stuff. Have a wonderful time!
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2021
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    SW Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    SW: Feb 5: 191.8
    SW: Mar 5: 193
    SW: April 2: 190.4
    Friday, Jan 8: 194.4 -1.2
    Jan 15: 194.6. +.2 I was down to 193.4 2 days ago .. but this reflects 2 days of mindless eating.
    Jan 22: 191.4 -3.2 5 out of 7 days were good ...
    Jan 29: 194.2 -- this is what happens when I don't track, give into stress and emotional eating. But ... My word for the year is consistency... that means consistently also recording my weight .. and being accountable. So its a new week.. again.
    Feb 5: 191.8 -- trying to get back on track with controlled nite time eating
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Feb 19: 194 --- a very small loss, due to 4 days of overeating granola bars and Kind bars.
    Feb 26: 193 -- 5 out of 7 days I did OK, especially with nite time snacking.
    Mar 5: 193 -- stayed the same, but had 2 days of eating icecream and peeps
    Mar 12: 192.6. Started challenge of the rest of the month NO nite time eating at all.
    Mar 19: 190.4 -- 5 out of 7 days NO nite time eating. Goal next week ... 6 our of 7 day no nite time eating, 8+ glasses water @ day.
    March 26: 188.6--- 6 out of 7 days I did good .. no nite time eating. Last nite... food was in control of me. I was so tired, and instead of lying down... I grazed the entire nite. So much that I had trouble sleeping. So while right now my weight is down, I expect it to go up. So next weeks goal is 7 out of 7 days.

April 2: 190.4 --- not the best week.. but I am still down 5.2 pounds for the first 3 months of this year. So I will look at the positives.
    April 9: 191.2 --- even though I had a OK week, I think eating ham for 3 days .. hoping its just water weight.
    April 16: 187.6 -- a week of more mindful eating, especially in the evenings, plus a lot more exercise with walking and garden work.
    April 23: 187 -- a very small loss, but at least the scale is going in the right direction. I will continue to work on the nite time snacking and emotional eating.
    April 30 188.8 -- got into the ice cream again. I am just 10 pounds before I am in a healthy, normal weight for my height.. but those 10# have been the hardest. I met that goal in 2019 ... trying to get back there.