NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @cbabie That sounds like a good day. Yay!!! Yes, I'm glad the computer is fixed. I swear, I felt just like Mr. Stay-Puff lol. And I can only think of Ghost Busters too! Unfortunately, it was a nightmare on the scale. More on that later.

@theslightedgeforever Welcome back! I missed you. ;) The bloating was awful, even my eyes were puffy, it's a bit better now but still there. I got 100% yesterday.

@TeresaW1020 Oh girl, I did not. The scale report is not pretty. :( That would be annoying to be typing away and it freeze up. Your counters (and your kitchen!) are gorgeous! I love it. Congrats on the loss!!!

Hi guys. Ugh. I gained big time this week: +2.2 lbs!!! I'm so mad at myself and I would say disappointed but it wasn't that much of a surprise. I need to gain a hold of this weight problem. I was doing so well and then the past few weeks have been a meh effort. Next week has to be better. :(

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @trooworld yaaay on your 100%. I got 50. I was expecting more of a gain from you. You got this. You’ve come too far to get lackadaisical.

Green- stayed OP
    Exercise. Did not exercise
  • theslightedgeforever
    @TeresaW1020 doing the happy dance for your loss. Love your kitchen. Is that a big silver ball on top of the cabinets
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited April 2021
    @trooworld I know you are mad at yourself for the gain and that is good! You need to use that anger to fuel your resolve to get back on your plan. Make a pledge to yourself to become hyper-focused on doing all the things that work for you. We all do it from time to time. Dieting is hard and it can be so easy to get complacent and allow one slip to lead to another slip. But we NEVER give up and you WILL have an awesome week! You got this and you know it! <3

@theslightedgeforever Yes, that is a big silver ball on top of my cabinets. It's actually a crackle mirror ball. :D All those things were bought for my other house and worked but I'm not loving the look in this house. It's my goal to add some color up there. I just need to find the right thing that speaks to me.

Good morning! We cleaned the porch yesterday and today it's going to rain all day so we put the faux wicker furniture outside and all the ceramic flower pots so that Mother Nature can do some of the work of cleaning them for us. Tomorrow it will be dried and put back and on Monday I'm going to buy the flowers to make it all so pretty! :) Today, I plan to do a double workout, stay strict Keto, and maybe start a new puzzle. Have a good day! :)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I got 100% yesterday, too. You are right. I have come too far.

@TeresaW1020 It IS hard and the road is so long. I guess slip-ups will happen and we just can't let a slide go into a rolling-down-the-hill type of thing! Thanks <3 . That was smart to put the furniture outside for a natural shower.

Hi all. Well, I have lost what I gained overnight: it must have been all water weight. I'm glad for that, now it gives me a clean slate to work my plan the rest of the week. @theslightedgeforever, I made Indian butter chicken last night for dinner. I served it with cauliflower rice. It was excellent. I couldn't find your recipe so I used an America's Test Kitchen recipe. I think it was a lot like the one you posted. Today is Independent Bookstore Day and my favorite local bookstore isn't open for browsing (yet) so I am going to order a bunch of books for pick-up. I'm also going to give blood later today. That's about all I've got going on.

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..quiet day here. Crazy weather..snow last week and supposed to be around 80 on Monday!

@trooworld Glad the scale is down & the bloat is gone. I had to laugh at your rolling down the hill reference. I need to try cauliflower rice. Have fun with the books.

@cbabie Good job with the tracking & exercise. I have a kitchen scale, so if I have PB I just put the jar on it, take out 16gms & spread it on the toast. I hate to measure it & then have to wash the measuring cup. I think I am eating more of it lately because it's one of the few things I can eat right now, lol.

@theslightedgeforever The allergist did tests to see food sensitivities or allergies, so I am doing the elimination diet to see if any of them are contributing to my cough. It is hard & I think I have slipped up a few times, but starting Monday, I can begin testing things.

@TeresaW1020 Your countertops are beautiful!! Glad the pollen is going away. I saw something where they cut down a pine tree & you would not believe all the pollen that came off it!!
    No, SIL did not get his shot (dd said he has it scheduled but as far as I know he hasn't had it yet. I thought you had to wait 90 days, but she said they have changed that?). I guess he still gets tired pretty easy, but he looked good the other day when we saw them, so i hope he doesn't have any long lasting effects from the Covid.

Not much going on here. Trying to figure out where to move the garden, it is too shaded where we have it. And dh is working up the pumpkin patch again. I thought he had given up on it after last year, lol.

We did visit cousins the other day. We had not seen them since about Nov 2019 when they left for Alabama. (snowbirds) We are all vaxxed, so it was nice to get together again.

• theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Good words of wisdom to trooworld. You are doing so well, keep it up. I have a similar silver ball at my house but it sits on my coffee table. :) Also the two white things to the right of that ball I have in black. Isn't that weird.

@trooworld I got 50%.I think this was the recipe I posted before. https://simplejoy.com/butter-chicken-recipe/

@retiredandlovingit I love that PB weighing tip. Genius. Have you been staying within your food boundaries? Cough: Are you taking any medications? My mil had a cough for a year and we did all the tests and couldn't figure it out only to find out it was from one of her medications. I have reactive airway disease. I cough when the weather gets cold. Also if I run on the treadmill. Those are bad coughs. A slight cough is from GERD like symptoms and then a stuffy room. My doctor also thinks post nasal drip drainage is causing some of it. So for now I just live with my cough. I'm glad you got to visit with your cousins.

Yellow-Stayed OP
    Exercise-Free Day

• trooworld
    @RetiredAndLovingIt That IS crazy weather! I'm glad the bloat is gone, too. Yeah, I don't want to do any rolling down the hill lol! Sometimes we like to mix 50% white rice, 50% cauliflower rice. That's great you got to see your cousins again. Vaccines rule!

@theslightedgeforever I got 100%. Yeah, that recipe is very similar to the one I used. Yay for free days!!!

Hi all. I had a nice day yesterday. I ordered my books on my bookstore's website and got a free limited edition pin and tote bag because I spent a certain level. Then I drove around to the bookstores but there were lines out the door so I didn't go in. I grabbed a coffee and sat out on the patio of the coffeehouse and read a bit. Then I donated blood and it only took 6 minutes to donate + the time to fill out the paperwork and get helped. It was a really nice day yesterday so even though I didn't sit out in the sun, I felt like I enjoyed it a bit. Today, I may sit out in the sun to get some Vitamin D.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld So how have your choices been so far today? I got 100%. I love getting free tote bags. I'm glad you enjoyed your time. I like sitting out somewhere with a book.

Green Day-Stayed OP
    Exercise- 30 min walk
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever My choices were good yesterday. I also got 100%. I love free tote bags, too! Especially from a bookstore. It was a good day on Saturday.

Hi all. Yesterday was as good as Saturday: I ate OP, I enjoyed reading a book for several hours, I made a chef salad for dinner. All good. Today, I am not going to the job site like I usually do on Mondays. I have to do a Zoom HOA meeting so I will be working from home.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I got 75%. You are sounding relaxed and positive. That helps so much when trying to make good choices. Are you riding your bike at all? I'm going to commit May to working on my 10 min of the elliptical.

Yellow Day-Stayed OP
    Exercise-30 min walk
  • TeresaW1020

Hello! Sorry I’ve been missing. It’s been so busy the last couple of days. Today, DH and I went and bought flowers and got them all planted. I’m hoping that tomorrow that I can carve out some time to enjoy the screened-in porch and do some reading. I also started an online 5-day challenge to crush cravings and help with sugar/food addictions. It’s being run by three recovering sugar addicts and so far, looks very interesting and promising. There are Zoom meetings every day this week and hopefully, I can make most of them live, but they will be posted if I can’t. I also went and picked up new contact lenses and it does help me see better. Right now, I can type this to you all and I can see but the letters are still a little fuzzy. I will give it a few days to see if my brain can adjust. I’m just crossing my fingers that I won’t have to return to glasses. :D

• trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I got 100%. I am relaxed and trying to be positive. I feel a little off track but hope to fix it this week. I am not riding my bike, it's not something I enjoy and I have a hard enough time getting myself to do exercise that I do enjoy, so I figure why torture myself with something I hate? LOL That's a good goal to have for May.

@TeresaW1020 That sounds really nice, I hope you can enjoy your porch. I hope the 5-day challenge helps you. I hope you can adjust to the contacts, it doesn't sound fun to have fuzzy letters!

@cbabie I am officially sending out the hounds for you! I hope you are okay.

Hi all. I slept horribly last night. I am going to have a very hard time today, staying on track and staying awake for work. I have a bad headache this morning, I hope it doesn't turn into a migraine. The weather is changing and it is causing the headache.

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I am sorry that you slept so badly last night. I had the opposite experience and finally had a great night's sleep since I had that stupid cold attack me. I hope your sleep will be better tonight. <3

Howdy! Not much going on here today. I worked out, went to Walmart, watched a two hour Zoom call with my no sugar challenge group while working on my newest puzzle. I made the tastiest broccoli chicken curry casserole for dinner. We all declared it was a keeper. :grin:
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Ugh, I should stop complaining about my sleep, I never get enough good sleep! :( I'm glad you got good sleep. I'm glad you had a good day yesterday.

Hi all. I have to go into work today and tomorrow: today, we are getting a special acquisition that I want to witness the processing of and tomorrow I'm going in because I switched shifts with someone. I always have a harder time staying on track at the job site. I hope I'm so busy I don't get into the vending machines.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, sorry I have been MIA....lots going on in my life. It's been windy and cold here. I have taken Baby Girl to the park 3 days in a row..I HATE the park because of COVID, but she wants to go run and slide, etc. So we go and pray. I did lose 2.4 lbs this past week at WI, so I am happy for that...soon I will go into different digit on the scale. (I HOPE) LOL

@RetiredAndLovingIt I love that measuring PB trick. I will for sure use that.

@theslightedgeforever I am sorry you have a cough...don't you love our medical family history. LOL Glad you are getting to read...I am trying.

@TeresaW1020 love with nature can help us clean..LOL. How many puzzles do you think you have worked since you have started this?d

@trooworld Thank you for sending the hounds..LOL. It's been a rough few days...but I am here! I hope you keep busy at work too..sometimes that really is the key....our brains don't have the time to sabotage us. LOL

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all...wow, we had 80 the last few days! Today is closer to 60, but still nice. We mowed the grass yesterday for the first time. Now, probably a weekly job.

We also celebrated our 47th Anniversary yesterday. We went out to lunch on Monday with dh's sister & sister in law. Felt pretty comfortable in our old small town restaurant. Pretty much everyone had masks on, except for eating & we were spaced away from other people. Tomorrow we are having lunch with the cousins. So we ate at home yesterday, lol. We are exciting people, lol.

@theslightedgeforever Good job staying OP and the elliptical plan for May sounds good. Yeah, my cough might be any of those things, too, so it might be something to just live with also. My old allergist used to say I had reactive airways, this one says asthma, so not sure what to think. Really cold drinks get me coughing. Trying my best to stick to the elimination diet, but it is trying. Testing garlic first since it is in everything! (sauces, etc) Next may be beef (we have 1/4 of a beef in freezer, to eat up, lol) Glad the pb tip was helpful..it is something I have read here on the forums.

@TeresaW1020 Hope you can get the contacts to work. I would've liked them better than glasses. My oldest dd just got glasses today..bifocals..I said yup, you are the age when I got glasses, too. She keeps getting headaches, which could also be a little from working from home & being on the computer so much more than normal. I bet your flowers are pretty & enjoyable. I can't wait until I can get some..I want the cheeriness! Broccoli chicken casserole sounds delicious!!

@cbabie Wow, great loss!! Good job! Glad you are able to take baby girl to the park. I was really worried about taking the gkids there, too, because of Covid, but I think they are saying now that you are not as likely to get it from touching things as they originally worried. I'm hoping that is true. Glad the pb tip was helpful, lol.

@trooworld Sorry you are having such poor sleep. According to my Fitbit, I am, too. Dh thinks I should get a sleep study done. He had one & is waiting to get the cpap machine. He did a home one & they said he has bad sleep apnea, but they don't seem to be in a hurry to get him fitted for it. I don't care too much for the stationary bike, but I should clean off my outside one. I tried riding it a few years ago with the gkids for the first time in about 30 years & enjoyed it. Hope work goes well for you.

Well, not much more for news. Haven't been sticking to my calories very well, but scale is slowly inching down. I have been trying to walk on treadmill for 30 minutes in the morning, and then usually we go for an outside walk after lunch, so am doing pretty well with steps.

• trooworld
    @cbabie Good to "see" you! Congrats on the loss, that's fantastic. I'm sorry it's been rough lately, I hope it gets better. I did keep busy at work and ate nothing from the vending machine!

@RetiredAndLovingIt Wow, nice! It's supposed to get up to the 80s tomorrow here. Happy anniversary! What's your secret to 47 years? I'm glad you had a nice time at lunch. Thanks re: sleep. Yeah I had a sleep study done and it showed I had mild sleep apnea but she said that they normally recommend weight loss for mild sleep apnea. You should get one done. It might help a lot if you have sleep apnea, to get the proper help. Sounds like you are doing really well, that's great.

Hi all. Yesterday was really busy. We got our special acquisition in and it was really exciting. Today will be another busy day: we are having a viewing event of the new acquisition where students and staff can come view the acquisition. I will be on my feet a lot today so I need to remember to wear comfortable shoes. My back is killing me: it's really stiff and painful. I came home yesterday and laid on the heating pad on the couch. I guess it helped because it is less painful today.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, It rained here long enough to make the outdoor furniture and toys dirty and had to be wiped down. I didn't exercise, but I did track all my food. I did get over 10k steps in...so I guess that means I wasn't sitting on my fanny. LOL

@trooworld So glad you had a good day at work, but sorry your back took the hit. Hopefully today goes by quickly and you have FUN.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Happy 47th Anniversary...we will be celebrating our 46th this June...how time flies. LOL. I don't kwon when I will be able to relax about COVID...I am trying so that baby girl doesn't live sheltered and ends up having no IMMUNE system.

cbabie
  • TeresaW1020

@cbabie Looks like you are doing good! :)

@trooworld I hope your back starts to feel better soon. Definitely wear comfy shoes! The special acquisition sounds exciting. Can you tell us what it is? :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt Happy Anniversary!! Are you still wearing your mask even after being vaccinated? Some of the people I know aren’t wearing them anymore and some still are. I get my second shot on Monday and I’m looking forward to not wearing the mask unless I’m told specifically that I need to. ;grin:

Hello! Not much going on here today. I went to work and did my usual staff meeting and cleaning. We are having Connect Luncheon on Sunday after church for new members and those interested in our church. There will be a total of 45 (including staff/spouses) attending, which is exciting to have so many. We are having a Barberitos cater a fajita bar, so that should be yummy. The pastor told me today that I can open up all your pews and we can stop the social distancing, which to be honest has been a bit of a joke for months now. We will keep the balcony roped off for those the ones that having been sitting up there. We are also making plans for VBS this summer and Sunday School to return in the fall. Things are starting to get back to normal! :grin: