Women 200lb+, Let's Amaze Ourselves This April!!!

Replies

• jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @ExerciseExtraFries My starting weight was close to yours at 257.8 lbs in January. Iโ€™ve lost 24.5 lbs so far. This is a great group here!
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @Spotteddingo Way to go! ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’ช
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    @goal06082021 yay well done, great end to the month for you
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    Thanks @kelMee2 ! You have had a very good month! Great job!
    @goal06082021 Nice loss!
    @girlinkaz you are screamin' right along!

You all are so inspiring!
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    edited April 2021
    @speyerj

My husband started along with me and is now is at 185. He doesn't want to go lower.. To maintain is it about eating the same healthy choices but also adding more calories? It have been great to have the company and support to do this as we log together each day . Also lovely to have my daughter Sarah join too. Makes all the difference for the long game!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @VickyEltonGreen - Congratulations to your on hitting his goal weight. And yes, if he still wants to keep using MFP to log his food, he just will want to change his goal to "Maintain" and MFP will give him more calories back. He'll still want to carefully track his weight - I recommend daily for 6 weeks, but instead of looking at a daily number, look at the a 7 day average. After 6 weeks of 7 day averages he should be able to tell if the calorie recommendation that MFP gave him is too high or too low and tweak it accordingly. He'll still want to keep tracking his weight after that but again - track average not daily weights. Because you know how everyone in this thread gets frustrated when they do everything right and they don't lose weight and it turned out they were retaining water? Well, when you are in maintenance you GAIN weight when you retain water. And that can totally freak you out. I gained 2.3 pounds this morning, but my 7 day average is lower than last week, so I know I am losing, not gaining.

Best of luck to him!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Name: Jane
    Height: 5' 9"
    SW: 286.5 (6/3/19)
    GW: 155

Weight tracking:
    Apr 1: 160.6
    Apr 3: 159.0 ๐Ÿ˜
    Apr 10: 162.1 ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    Apr 17: 159.5 ๐Ÿ™‚
    Apr 24: 159.6 ๐Ÿ™‚
    Apr 30: 160.5 ๐Ÿ™„

Fitness goals:
    Obtain average 7 day weight of 158 by end of month - Weekly average this week was 159.5 so progress but not where I had hoped to be.
    Weigh daily: 6/6
    Log food consistently: 4/6
    Run or Row every day: 5/6 - Took a rest day after my second vaccine
    10,000 steps/day: 7/7
    45 Zone Minutes/day: 7/7
    Miles ran MTD: 74.22
    Miles ran YTD: 312.68
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,291 Member
    APRIL FINAL POST
    Starting weigh 4/1: 218.6
    Ending weight 4/30: 213.4

April loss of 5.2 lbs

Short term goal: to be in Onederland by July 4th

Although I weigh myself daily and keep a log of that, I only post the change after the last day of the month. I know I would get discouraged if I posted weekly.
    Have a fantastic May everyone!!!