From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Replies

• lovefrenchies
    lovefrenchies Posts: 29 Member
    Good for you!!! You look great!
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    jelleigh wrote: »
    SweetAzn wrote: »
    You look amazing! May I ask what a typical strength training workout looks like?

That's a hard one to answer because my workouts change daily!!! I tend to do upper and lower in one workout (just prefer it like that for me) with 4-5 exercises for each.

Here are some example exercises I would do, for about 30-45 mins:

Squats 3x10 at typically 30lbs (using either barbell, dumbbells, kettlebell, etc)

Walking lunges 3x10 with 15lb dumbbells each side

Hip thrusts off bench 3x10 at 25lbs

Step ups with milk crate 3x10 at 32lbs

Clean and press 3x10 at 32lbs

Overhead press 3x10 at 30lbs

Bicep curls 3x10 at 15lbs each side

Tricep kick backs 3x10 at 10lbs each side

As you can see, I don't lift too terribly heavy when I lift at home but it's heavy enough for me and as long as I'm seeing strength improvements, I'm happy and will keep doing it. I enjoy it so much!

This was so helpful to see! Your progress in one year is amazing! Ive been wondering recently if I will be able to make progress without lifting super heavy and having a full gym set up, so its super encouraging to see a transformation like yours with a modest equipment set up. Thanks for posting!!

You can totally do it and will feel amazing. I just started back at the gym again yesterday after almost 4 years off! Excited to get back to it myself. Currently maintaining at 135lbs! Thanks y'all for the support and the love on my story here through the years. It's much appreciated!!! 🤗💪🙏

wow girl. i just saw your pics. you DID that thing!!!!
  • pkidd7800
    pkidd7800 Posts: 1 Member
    What do you mean by calorie deficit? Did you only eat 500 calories!?
  • nattygogogo
    nattygogogo Posts: 3 Member
    Amazing! !!!!!!! Could you possibly share your exercise plan? 🤗😄
  • rajikaurbajna
    rajikaurbajna Posts: 21 Member
    Good job. Iam also 35 and same height. I am 145 now but want to be 130. Can you please tell me how many calories MFP recommended for you ?
  • Desikudinspain
    Desikudinspain Posts: 32 Member
    Oh! Youre an inspiration, I love squats and donkey kicks.
  • Debthompk
    Debthompk Posts: 2 Member
    I know this is over 5yrs since your last post here. I was wondering what you are doing now to maintain and what do you do for your abs. I have a really hard time doing planks situps and most standard/traditional abdominal exercises
  • PepeLPew
    PepeLPew Posts: 92 Member
    Absolutely smoking. Awesome work.
  • mclgreenville
    mclgreenville Posts: 4 Member
    congrats!
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    You look fabulous! Strong and healthy:-)
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Debthompk wrote: »
    I know this is over 5yrs since your last post here. I was wondering what you are doing now to maintain and what do you do for your abs. I have a really hard time doing planks situps and most standard/traditional abdominal exercises

Give me a few to respond to this! Side note, I never did planks or sit ups of any kind. ;)
  • suzfirebird
    suzfirebird Posts: 49 Member
    Amazing work lady!
  • kendrick_wil
    kendrick_wil Posts: 1 Member
    Killed it!
  • pmbach1
    pmbach1 Posts: 2,018 Member
    Wow you are so pretty before and after. But you are really amazing now!!!! Great job.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Amazing transformation.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    I come back to GenElizabeth to remind myself this IS possible!!! I will have the same success story if I keep doing what I’m doing by this time next year!!!
  • Oh, this is old!
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 123 Member
    You look fabulous now
    But even before your in my opinion very pretty.
    Keep up your great work
  • mowilliams10802
    mowilliams10802 Posts: 1 Member
    Wow! You look 10 years younger and so fit!!! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!