10 lbs down in a month! Celebrating with buying pens

Options
I know it's first month, and water weight, and not to expect this every month. But right now I'm on track again and I will buy some horribly expensive pencils to celebrate instead of awarding myself with food.

Replies

• StephanieStC
    StephanieStC Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Love that! You're a person after my own heart! I'm a pencil/paper gal.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Is it pens or pencils? I've seen and heard of horribly expensive PENS. But I'm curious if there are PENCILS that could be considered decadent purchases. Please expound. . .
  • olganade
    olganade Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    NO matter what, what an incentive!!! Keep on your course! I too love pens and that is such a wonderful reward!!!
  • Jenpec98
    Jenpec98 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I honestly feel like that is a wonderful Idea, it keeps you on course, and it doesn't hurt your progress. Now I have to think of an incentive for myself. I'm really not a pen / pencil person, but I do enjoy using my happy planner. Thoughts?
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    water weight or not, its good, 10 lbs!
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    "Getting back on track' is fabulous! And any motivation to keep going is a good thing:-). 10lbs is a real 'woo hoo' moment!
  • CholeRoad
    CholeRoad Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you aiming to lose?
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 146 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    Is it pens or pencils? I've seen and heard of horribly expensive PENS. But I'm curious if there are PENCILS that could be considered decadent purchases. Please expound. . .

Colored pencils are easily decadent purchases! Some brands are upwards of $100 per set.

Just a reminder- 'decadent' financial purchases are all dependent on one's financial status. Sometimes a box of standard No.2's may be a hardship.
  • meeppeepneep
    meeppeepneep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @tuckerrj It's $30 for a box of 12, so not really expensive. But with shipping it's more than I'd normally pay for pencils. I usually draw with dollar store mechanical pencils, but these are amazingly smooth and just a delight to use.

https://blackwing602.com/collections/blackwing-palomino-collection/products/blackwing-palomino-blue-set-of-12

The set of Copic markers I bought was on sale, but still way to expensive to mention the price here where there are normal people who don't pay $200 for a set of 36 markers.
  • meeppeepneep
    Options
    @StephanieStC Spending the money I didn't spend on junk food on pencils is amazing.
  • meeppeepneep
    Options
    @Jenpec98 Stickers, washi tapes, and fancy paper?
  • meeppeepneep
    Options
    @CholeRoad About 60 lbs.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Oh fantastic! I love buying art supplies - or pens - etc - and they make great weight loss rewards. Great job!
  • NetiOne
    NetiOne Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I know it's first month, and water weight, and not to expect this every month. But right now I'm on track again and I will buy some horribly expensive pencils to celebrate instead of awarding myself with food.

Congratulations!!! What is your process?
  • Jenpec98
    Jenpec98 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @Jenpec98 Stickers, washi tapes, and fancy paper?

I love stickers! I have tons of fun with those.
  • RivkaS7NV
    RivkaS7NV Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    tuckerrj: pencils for drawing and caligraphy can be expensive. There are various gradients as to the hardness and softness of the lead plus there are special erasers and paper.
  • BethCW2963
    BethCW2963 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Art supplies are the best purchases ever! I'm a watercolor artist and I love to treat myself to a new color/tube of Daniel DSmith paint! Yayyy!
  • motoconscious
    motoconscious Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    pvf8b3dmfmtp.jpg

My all-time favorite pens. I have some back-ups. Machined from titanium with a bolt-action. Ceramic ball-bearing glass-breaker at the end. So comfortable to write with. Milled titanium clip is very secure in my pants.
  • sjsramek
    sjsramek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say congratulations, awesome job! Best of luck!
  • meeppeepneep
    Options
    @NetiOne I eat actual meals throughout the day. Not snacking on chocolate and then eat an entire pizza, big soda, and even more chocolate for dinner, So basically I'm eating like a reasonable adult. Right now fruit and vegetables as snacks is free and I don't log it, but will start logging if I stop losing weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!