30 day shred & clean eating

Has anyone done the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred while following a clean eating diet? I am 157 pounds and want to drop some weight and tone before the beach next month? Suggestions????

Replies

• lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Has anyone done the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred while following a clean eating diet? I am 157 pounds and want to drop some weight and tone before the beach next month? Suggestions????

I have not done the 30 day shred but I did start this process a month ago today going to the gym 3x a week for strength training while eating a clean diet with a calorie deficit. The thing is, I have lost 11 pounds (most of it water weight the first two weeks) but the changes are pretty subtle the first 10 or so lbs, at least on me! I started at 166 so a bit more than you but not much.
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
    edited April 2021
    I did it years ago and it really works. I lost a lot of weight with the 30 day shred video and clean eating. Not to mention, It toned me up very well.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    I've done the workout before! I went too hard with it at first and got very sore, but was handling it better by the end. By itself, it probably wouldn't lead to much weight loss. I didn't enjoy it enough to continue. But combined with a change in eating habits, it could help. People mean different things when they say "clean eating," but if you have a caloric deficit you'll lose weight.
  • Bettybluebug
    Bettybluebug Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you all for your comments!
  • desertfoxcoffee
    desertfoxcoffee Posts: 46 Member
    That's a short amount of time, but ditto to the above commenters. I started with 30 Day Shred and moved on to her other videos. That and healthy eating ( couldn't call it clean, just balanced and in deficit) helped me dropped 50lbs in about 5-6 months.
  • PixieKazza
    PixieKazza Posts: 48 Member
    I'm on 30DS again. I try and do it once a year. I don't think I lose a lot of weight from that alone (140 cals burned per workout), but I do feel a lot fitter and stronger! I'm doing it alongside Couch25K and (usually) daily yoga. The first week is painful, oh my legs! I don't do it every day, maybe 5 sessions a week. I also have Jillian's other workout dvds to mix it up. How did you get on in the end @Bettybluebug?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,451 Member
    Weight loss comes from calorie deficit. You can do all the "clean eating" and exercise you want, but if you aren't in a deficit, weight loss isn't going to happen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,334 Member
    PixieKazza wrote: »
    I'm on 30DS again. I try and do it once a year. I don't think I lose a lot of weight from that alone (140 cals burned per workout), but I do feel a lot fitter and stronger! I'm doing it alongside Couch25K and (usually) daily yoga. The first week is painful, oh my legs! I don't do it every day, maybe 5 sessions a week. I also have Jillian's other workout dvds to mix it up. How did you get on in the end @Bettybluebug?

Ok. I’m not trying to sound like a smart *kitten* here.

Why do these things once a year?

Find something you like and do it consistently. Why put yourself through a thirty day grind and the DOMS that probably comes with it when you could just commit to something a couple times a week?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!