WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    Allie, I went to bed at 6pm last night. We had arrived home from the hospital at 11 am, and I slept from 11-2:00 pm. So my slug body was only up 4 hours, eating 1/2 a almond claw, some cereal with 2 bananas. Woke up at 11pm, and then in the morning at 8am. Looking at the summary of the procedure, it looks like they gave me "happy drugs" then gave me more. I have a memory of saying ouch, ouch, ouch when the medicine was going in my hand, then lights out until I was done and already in the recovery area. I have such a low tolerance to pain. I wasn't always this way. I contribute it to deciding on getting my nipples pierced for our 25th wedding anniversary! I also label the three months following as "the painful era", as my body just rejected the d@m n things. But its a nice funny story to tell the grandkids right???
    💖 Rebecca
    Feeling wiped out after grocery shopping!
    In Whidbey
    Washington
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Made a delicious pork and cider stew tonight. Had it with a celeriac and potato mash plus broccoli. I've frozen half the mash for another day and there is one portion of stew left to freeze. Might keep that for DH when he arrives back late from his cricket and I will have eaten.

Still waiting to hear when we are having Edie.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Rebecca- yes the ouch ouch with me too, they numbed the area and then i woke up in recovery.. that was for the ablation..hopefully I am done with surgeries
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,778 Member
    <3
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 942 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Question for those who are perimenopausal or postmenopausal. When you had hot flashes, was there something that you recall triggering them? I'm having mild ones, but they are quite annoying and want to try to figure out if there is a trigger to look for.

I know that common ones are caffeine and alcohol, but those don't seem to be mine.

Thanks.

Tina in CA

Stress
    Warmish indoor temperatures
    Hot beverages
    Hot food
    Talking to people
    Shopping
    Doing homework
    Working on a challenging bit of code
    Taking the bus

Just to name a few.

Soooooo.....everything and anything?

Yep!

Especially stress. I tense up slightly for one reason or another and BLAM, I'm hit with a hot flash.

I am finding that the more protein I eat, the more of them I seem to have. I am currently trying a lower protein diet (which is less effective when trying to lose a few pounds) and so far, it seems to be helping. I also read that black cohosh works very well for hot flashes. If this lower protein experiment doesn't work, I'll try that. I prefer adjusting my diet before taking supplements or pills of any kind. I need to figure something out before summer or I will be miserable.

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 27min 5sec, 3.31ap, 163elev, 93ahr, 118mhr, 8.21mi= 767c
    Strava app = 995c

Total cal 767
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Our dog managed to open the deck gate and go wandering. Our good friend caught him and brought him home. We are lucky to have good neighbors. <3
  • grandmallie
    Well lets see ,my DGD forgot her key and went to her friends house and Tracy working so I had to go get her at her friends house ,meanwhile Dan got out early and I dropped off Homer at his house ,so its been a busy afternoon ,but thats good.. keeps me busy..
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,778 Member
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Penny - Strangely enough, I was watching a programme which featured Svalbard this evening. It was all there. Happy memories. Truly one of the most extraordinary places I have ever been to. And great company. :D Saga has two new ships, but I'm not sure what the fuel is. They are supposed to be cleaner. We are booked for the Mediterranean next March.
    Your old house in Tromsø must be near the lift to the top of the mountain. We went up there. Amazing views.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx feeling nostalgic.
  • grandmallie
    Alfie and i hanging out.. the weekend is here..
    Im thanking Barbie early for starting May thread !!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :) I have been working at doing important things first, so I prepared the new thread for May and have posted it. Here is the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10831738/women-ages-50-for-may-2021/p1?new=1
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    Rebecca- yes the ouch ouch with me too, they numbed the area and then i woke up in recovery.. that was for the ablation..hopefully I am done with surgeries

Yes friend, you have definitely done your quota of surgeries for awhile! Hugs!
    Rebecca 💖
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    kymarai wrote: »
    So two facts-1) I LOVE SPEED (not drugs) 2) I always am aware of city speed limits. Once I am on the highway though all bets are off.

So now that I have stated that....
    Took the new GT500 to Costco to fill with fuel (7miles). Left there to pick up prescriptions and took short cut road......35mph.......Wouldn't you know it that I wasn't following fact #2......Flashing blue lights pulled me over. DA*N, I didn't drive 8 miles and got pulled over! He asked if I knew why he pulled me over, I said I am pretty sure I was going too fast. He said 51 and asked me what the speed limit was. I answered 35. Said I was sorry. He asked for driver's license and insurance card. I gave him license and explained that we just got the car yesterday and don't have any other paperwork yet. His reply was , oh, you don't know what power you have yet then......After he ran my license, he gave me a warning, asked me to please pay more attention to my speed, and be careful as I was driving a powerful machine. Nice! But put a small damper on my first drive! After we picked up prescriptions, we headed to the country roads. MAN! SHE IS A BEAST!!!! She FLYS!!!!!! Nice to stretch her legs, but am going to have to be careful in town. She handles well and is responsive.

Heading out for ice cream so Steve can show off the new car to all his friends who didn't know he was actually getting it. Since the Dairy shed is in Bellbrook (the same officer that pulled me over), I promise to behave!

Kylia smiling in Ohio as I am a speed demon

You had one very understanding policeman. Years ago, I got stopped trying to get insecure potty trained toddler home in time. When I asked trooper who looked all of 14 if I could at least take baby into house to go, I was told no. As he wrote out ticket, I told him he would have to clean up if anything happened. Seconds later - MOMMY!!! I got out of car and took roll of paper towels out of trunk and handed them to him. I said not a word but he cleaned everything up. Fought ticket and got minor infraction. I think the judge was actually annoyed with the trooper.

Years later, got ticket in unmarked speed trap. Had to hire attorney to fight it as it was in completely different state, and it was dropped.
  • CSSJ09
    Heather Your floors are beautiful. I love the door and side panel windows. I am trying to select some right now.
  • CSSJ09
    My supermoon. :)
    The one hovering over my part of the world at about 8 pm or so on April 27 and taken with my camera. :)

lmeepnvhahkq.png

Machka in Oz

It's PINK! Lovely.
  • CSSJ09
    lx0vtl4tu18a.jpeg

The flowers are wonderful. Mother nature is so healing and the world needs that right now.

Katla I had to uninstall MS Teams tonight. Geek Squad tomorrow. I get so tired of automatic updates. Right up there with all the cookies that requires a Houdini or Einstein to opt out of. I really wish we had GDPR in the US!
  • CSSJ09
    Eight days under calories! Yay!

Annie in Delaware

Click on the link. Hurray for you.

https://acegif.com/wp-content/uploads/firework-2.gif