Blood sugar.i need to get blood sugar and aic down..so. I quit drinking sodas completely and dilutin

I need to get . My blood sugar down.so I quit drinking all sodas.and diluting all juices by half.after a week my blood sugar went from 330 to 202.hope to get below 150 next week.

Replies

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    That's great stop the juice
  • yweight2020
    I'm type 2 diabetic I don't drink any calorie laden drinks except for low fat dairy the juice isn't helping you
  • yweight2020
    edited May 2021
    Alot of dieticians or doctors will tell you,
    you can eat or drink everything in moderation but it's not true when trying to control blood sugar, even when on meds. Control your nutrition intake by lowering your carbs and controlling the rest of your nutrition in a healthy way, drink plenty water and zero calorie drinks and your well on your way, get whatever exercise your able to do , get it done it will help.alot.

Everyone is different and this is what works for me, my a1c was like yours with these changes alot with diet changes, medicine and weight loss my blood sugars are normal.now and I'm almost off the medicine. This is a good path to try. Hope this helps you.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Yep, @yweight2020 is right about the juice. Great job stopping the sodas but remember every moment your bg is above 150 it’s doing small amounts of damage to your cells and it adds up over time!

You want to avoid quickly digesting carbs such as juice and soda.

Have you been testing your glucose before and after eating or drinking a carby drink? That’s one way to quickly see how it affects you. To get serious about getting your a1c down, test after meals to see how high your sugar goes and then only eat the foods which allow you to stay within a safe range. With most foods glucose will peak between 45 minutes to two hours after you begin eating,

Some other tricks, if you are high, for some people working out can quickly bring your levels down. I have found several sets of bodyweight squats will drop me if I miscalculated my food and end up too high. Some exercises like lifting heavy weights will keep glucose lower for several hours afterwards.

And of course getting weight within normal range helps!

Best of luck to you.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    What is your current weight? Current health state? Your age? That high of a sugar over time will do damage to all sorts of things. Aside from just cutting out sugar(juice needs to be gone: sorry :( ) you need to eat carbs in moderation and don't assume that if you get good readings after a short period or even a meal that your readings will be the same next time. With exercise, weight loss and overall nutrition you'll improve your sugar and maintaining control over time(for life or in some cases you could actually reverse it) your A1C will improve. My wife is a diabetic. First appeared as gestational during pregnancies. However her family had history of diabetes and kidney stones( lithotripsy has an effect on diabetes which she was treated with when one of her kidneys was surrounded by calcium). You can say she had the trifecta of becoming a diabetic. 5 years after the 1st kid and all the other little surprises she was a full blown diabetic. Over the last year she's worked at it hard. Has lost 35+ lbs and her A1C is 5.7. That is almost normal. However she is still diabetic and she still takes insulin. She has cut down significantly on amount needed and she has to watch herself as she can drop into the high 60s so she'll have to stop the workout and eat something to raise it a bit for her not to feel the effects of low sugar. Not often but it does happen. Talk to your Dr and have them set a consultation with a diabetic dietician. It's work, but it can be done. Best of luck. Keep us posted.