What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    acpgee wrote: »
    Kid meat. It is milder and leaner than lamb. It's more expensive though, as goats need to be weaned later than lambs so they more expensive to raise. The billy's used to be slaughtered at birth because they were seen as a waste product of the goat cheese industry so it's nice to see some farmers raising the billy's for meat. We had roast kid goat racks tonight.
    jqe9i5hg3c7d.jpg

You may want to read this

https://www.treehugger.com/whats-wrong-with-veal-127519

Kid isn't veal. It's young goat. The argument against humane (non crate) veal seems to be "it's not vegan," also.

True, it was in my heart to had to share regardless. I am not trying to be preachy or against anyone or anything. I have just recently been doing a lot of research and nutritional education and happened to discover so much in the past few years that it devastates me what we are doing to the earth!
  • VegjoyP
    Quinoa and red rice cakes with peanut butter and preserves
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    et2w7zd3ica7.jpeg
  • southkonahi
    southkonahi Posts: 137 Member
    Weirdly, I hate Stevia because it tastes so strong! Most people seem to like it just fine. I can taste it in some prepared drinks and foods that other people I ask, they don't even taste it at all. Go figure.

• southkonahi
    My current obsession.... I don't even have one today! So, I just ate some (healthy recipe) left overs, and was done for the day. Perhaps I'll consider Celestial Season Cinnamon Apple Spice herbal tea as my obsession, I've been drinking it as ice tea all day, and will make a cup of hot tea before bedtime.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Weirdly, I hate Stevia because it tastes so strong! Most people seem to like it just fine. I can taste it in some prepared drinks and foods that other people I ask, they don't even taste it at all. Go figure.

Stevia is definitely an acquired taste. I actually love the bite/bitterness of it. I hate sucralose and other sweeteners because they don't have that flavor lol.
  • VegjoyP
    Coconut wraps, Cashew queso dips, zucchini covered in nutritional yeast, herbs then baked and spagetti squash !
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Beets. Was also very excited to get rhubarb at the farmer's market.
  • southkonahi
    I've one more day of leftover (so cold) Hawaiian Purple Sweet Potato. Today it was on my plate with my lettuce salad, but when I'm done with tomorrow's serving, I think I'll be over this obsession for awhile.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    oxk3k9ffnila.jpg

Check out my little friend on my lettuce, so far there's one ladybug and one larvae but I just killed all the aphids with dishwashing soap.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,343 Member
    Pancakes, pancakes, pancakes.

I go to bed happy I’ll be having them for breakfast and wake up happy I am having them for breakfast.

I had to stop myself from making a batch for snacks this afternoon.
  • VegjoyP
    Once again my Just Egg Plant based
  • YaaaahJoli
    YaaaahJoli Posts: 34 Member
    EggLife egg white wraps! They are tasty af, low in calories and high in protein. I'm currently going through a 6 pack per day which is unsustainable but in the meantime...YOEO (you only egg once...?)
  • YaaaahJoli
    YaaaahJoli Posts: 34 Member
    Lucky Foods Kimchi Spicy Hot Sauce

yuuuummmmmm
  • southkonahi
    Well obviously my obsession today was Margaretta Pizza (IOW, diced tomato topped, cracker-thin dough). 900 calories total, and I ate ever bite by the end of the day. Calorie count I didn't go too far off the rails, since I otherwise just had salad and a protein drink.
  • tdsimoes67
    tdsimoes67 Posts: 18 Member
    rapini, cook 2 bunches a week and it is my side for everything.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Asparagus
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    It’s been hard to not drown everything in garlic and butter lately :D