10 lbs down in a month! Celebrating with buying pens

I know it's first month, and water weight, and not to expect this every month. But right now I'm on track again and I will buy some horribly expensive pencils to celebrate instead of awarding myself with food.

Replies

• StephanieStC
    StephanieStC Posts: 59 Member
    Love that! You're a person after my own heart! I'm a pencil/paper gal.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Is it pens or pencils? I've seen and heard of horribly expensive PENS. But I'm curious if there are PENCILS that could be considered decadent purchases. Please expound. . .
  • olganade
    olganade Posts: 4 Member
    NO matter what, what an incentive!!! Keep on your course! I too love pens and that is such a wonderful reward!!!
  • Jenpec98
    Jenpec98 Posts: 49 Member
    I honestly feel like that is a wonderful Idea, it keeps you on course, and it doesn't hurt your progress. Now I have to think of an incentive for myself. I'm really not a pen / pencil person, but I do enjoy using my happy planner. Thoughts?
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    water weight or not, its good, 10 lbs!
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    "Getting back on track' is fabulous! And any motivation to keep going is a good thing:-). 10lbs is a real 'woo hoo' moment!
  • CholeRoad
    CholeRoad Posts: 47 Member
    How much weight are you aiming to lose?
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    edited April 2021
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    Is it pens or pencils? I've seen and heard of horribly expensive PENS. But I'm curious if there are PENCILS that could be considered decadent purchases. Please expound. . .

Colored pencils are easily decadent purchases! Some brands are upwards of $100 per set.

Just a reminder- 'decadent' financial purchases are all dependent on one's financial status. Sometimes a box of standard No.2's may be a hardship.
  • meeppeepneep
    meeppeepneep Posts: 56 Member
    @tuckerrj It's $30 for a box of 12, so not really expensive. But with shipping it's more than I'd normally pay for pencils. I usually draw with dollar store mechanical pencils, but these are amazingly smooth and just a delight to use.

https://blackwing602.com/collections/blackwing-palomino-collection/products/blackwing-palomino-blue-set-of-12

The set of Copic markers I bought was on sale, but still way to expensive to mention the price here where there are normal people who don't pay $200 for a set of 36 markers.
  • meeppeepneep
    @StephanieStC Spending the money I didn't spend on junk food on pencils is amazing.
  • meeppeepneep
    @Jenpec98 Stickers, washi tapes, and fancy paper?
  • meeppeepneep
    @CholeRoad About 60 lbs.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited April 2021
    Oh fantastic! I love buying art supplies - or pens - etc - and they make great weight loss rewards. Great job!
  • NetiOne
    NetiOne Posts: 45 Member
    I know it's first month, and water weight, and not to expect this every month. But right now I'm on track again and I will buy some horribly expensive pencils to celebrate instead of awarding myself with food.

Congratulations!!! What is your process?
  • Jenpec98
    Jenpec98 Posts: 49 Member
    @Jenpec98 Stickers, washi tapes, and fancy paper?

I love stickers! I have tons of fun with those.
  • RivkaS7NV
    RivkaS7NV Posts: 2 Member
    tuckerrj: pencils for drawing and caligraphy can be expensive. There are various gradients as to the hardness and softness of the lead plus there are special erasers and paper.
  • BethCW2963
    BethCW2963 Posts: 57 Member
    Art supplies are the best purchases ever! I'm a watercolor artist and I love to treat myself to a new color/tube of Daniel DSmith paint! Yayyy!
  • motoconscious
    motoconscious Posts: 3 Member
    pvf8b3dmfmtp.jpg

My all-time favorite pens. I have some back-ups. Machined from titanium with a bolt-action. Ceramic ball-bearing glass-breaker at the end. So comfortable to write with. Milled titanium clip is very secure in my pants.
  • sjsramek
    sjsramek Posts: 1 Member
    Just wanted to say congratulations, awesome job! Best of luck!
  • meeppeepneep
    @NetiOne I eat actual meals throughout the day. Not snacking on chocolate and then eat an entire pizza, big soda, and even more chocolate for dinner, So basically I'm eating like a reasonable adult. Right now fruit and vegetables as snacks is free and I don't log it, but will start logging if I stop losing weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!