Lose 50lbs+ club

Replies

• kitkat7818
    kitkat7818 Posts: 3 Member
    @kitkat7818 Best advice I could give is log everything you eat and try and drink at least 2 litres of water. I found that by logging everything I could see what changes I needed to make which has really helped me to eat better and make better food choices.

Thanks kelmee2 i will definitely try logging everything, and drinking the 2 liters of water... I am feeling determined ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ช
  • lucyluvhandles
    lucyluvhandles Posts: 138 Member
    Hi all! My goal is to lose 60lbs. So far I'm down 19lbs. Good luck to everyone
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Hello everyone, I'm not new to MFP, but I'm starting from scratch. I had real success on MFP and lost a lot of weight a few years back, I was running 3-4 times a week, had joined a local running club (safety in numbers for those dark evening runs), was doing yoga and feeling really good. Then, I had an accident and fractured my back and it was a long slow process to get back to some sort of normality again. In the mean time I gained back all the weight and then some. So here I am, 197lb as of today with about 60lb to lose. I could use all the support I can get, and will happily cheer on everyone here too. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Well, talk about disappointing, I just realised it's even worse than it first seemed as I use stone and lbs rather than just lbs usually (I'm I the UK) and I converted my starting weight incorrectly and it should in fact have been 206lb and not 197lb ๐Ÿ˜ญ, but, on the bright side my weighin day is Friday and I am 2lb down this week, so at least there is some progress.

I have been working from home for the last year and this is not helping on the exercise front as there are literally days and days when I don't go any further than walking from my desk in the spare bedroom to the kitchen and back. So I've made a pact with myself to go for a walk each lunchtime, minimum of 30mins, so at least I'm getting up and out and getting some fresh air and exercise. When I feel a bit fitter I'll hopefully be able to get back to running again, but right now I reckon I'd die of exertion.

Good luck all, hope you've all had a productive and positive week. ๐Ÿ‘
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    02/04/21 209.8
    09/04/21 208.4
    16/04/21 206.6
    23/04/21 206.2

So this week I discovered that my net calories were far too low and the last couple of days I've been making sure to eat back more exercise calories. Since yesterday's weigh in I've lost another pound so I'm sure next week's loss will be much better. My body was holding onto weight because I was basically starving without knowing it because I wasn't feeling hungry, I was eating breakfast, lunch, dinner plus snacks but without eating back the calories I burned which actually left me feeling exhausted. I won't be making that mistake again.
  • kelMee2
    How is everyone feeling this week as we edge closer to weigh in day? As you know I weigh myself every other day but my official weigh in day is a Friday. This week I feel like I'm doing better, I'm trying to eat more of my calories, I'm walking and strength training as well as getting on my exercise bike, I like to alternate the exercise. I'm not feeling tired the way I was and i am seeing a difference in the shape of my body. I have a waist, actually quite an impressive waist just need the belly to shrink some more. My thighs are looking less flabby and more toned, it's nice when you actually start to see those changes it makes you feel like the hard work is definitely paying off. Hoping Friday is kind to me and that you all reach your April goals.
  • Dotnetjay
    Dotnetjay Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in. Starting: 258.3lbs 6/2020 Goal: 175lbs

4/28 250.6

Goal for next week: Weight under 250. I can do that! Its a small step.

• ScottOhrt
    ScottOhrt Posts: 1 Member
    This is about the only one that I see is active that's current. I need to loose 50 lbs X 4. Soooo 200 lbs. I have been as high as 370 but I am currently @ 348.8.
    My goal is in a couple of years to be down around the 150's. My biggest problem is remembering to fill out my daily intake, and keep track of my carbs/proteins/fats. I do good for a while but then I slack off, then quit all together. I'm hoping being part of this group will make it fun to keep in touch and motivate me to keep coming back!
  • kelMee2
    Last weigh in for April, hope everyone has got the results they wanted.
    Sw 8th March 21- 220lbs
    02/04/21 209.8
    09/04/21 208.4
    16/04/21 206.6
    23/04/21 206.2
    30/04/21/203.4

Going to continue doing what I've been doing and hopefully I'll reach onederland in May.
  • Katebook309yahoocom940
    Katebook309yahoocom940 Posts: 243 Member
    Hi ๐Ÿ‘‹ I'm looking to join up if I can. I was part of another challenge group that ended yesterday. I've lost 35 pounds so far, trying to get under 200 pounds this year and stay there throught the year... then start losing again next year. I've lost weight in the past and then gained back so I really need help for consistency ๐Ÿ™ƒ. My downfall is food.
  • Katebook309yahoocom940
    Katebook309yahoocom940 Posts: 243 Member
    @kelMee2 your weigh-ins are so consistent ๐Ÿ˜ฎ good for you ๐Ÿ‘
  • kelMee2
    @Katebook309yahoocom940 I'm in another thread that's just restarted again today, you're welcome to join us you'll find it in the motivation and support section it's called Women 200lb+, Let's Be Marvelous This May!!!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    3lb loss this week, so 5lb in total so far, I'm happy with that. I weigh myself most days but only record it on a Friday as it changes so much (up and down) I try to keep it consistent. I also do all of my measurements once a month to see how that changes.

It's a bank holiday weekend here in the UK so we have tomorrow off work, I've done my best to stay on track and avoid the donuts while shopping and not drink too many gin and tonics haha. It's due to rain tomorrow though so it might be a bit more difficult to get my usual walk in and avoid eating rubbish due to sitting inside all day on the sofa, but I'll try my hardest to stay occupied and out of the fridge!

Hope you all are having a productive and happy weekend.
  • kelMee2
    @CariTJR well done that's a great loss, I'm in the UK too.
  • rmh2021
    rmh2021 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi everybody. I have a total of 60lbs to lose and I am down 15 lbs so far. I started mid-April. I am working out with a personal trainer 3 days a week and doing peloton HIIT classes 4 days a week. And eating a diet which I can only describe as sad, limited and low cal. I also started using the Rise app to follow intermittent fasting on a 16:8 schedule to see if that is manageable. I really think my diet ( designed by my trainer) is boring but otherwise it's high protein so I don't even want to eat it all. I am trying to force myself to follow it to the letter but if anything I am under-eating but I am not hungry- just bored with my food. Hopefully I can stick with this or I really hope the diet gets modified as the months go on. I know this is just the beginning with another 45 lbs to lose so I have to sort of make peace with it. I am loving working out though- I feel better and sleep better. My mood is better and I am more relaxed. I am coming back from a really terrible accident where I had broken my right leg, tore my acl, and broke my left wrist and hand- so I was worried that trying to get in shape would be hindered by those injuries but my trainer seems super knowledgeable and I have not had any pain. I just am feeling like I should have never gotten this far out of shape and feel very committed to getting fit and staying fit because this is a ton of work.
  • kelMee2
    @rmh2021 I am trying to lose 60lbs too, got about 36 still to lose, I'm also eating low calorie (1200) but I eat the foods I want to eat and try and keep as close to the macros that have been suggested for me on here. I'm not following a particular plan just low calorie meals and snacks. I feel the exact same questioning how I ever got myself to this point again after losing the weight before I found myself back at the beginning after going back to old eating habits and I hope this time I've learnt my lesson and don't make the same mistake again
  • I have 50 pds to lose I have been on mfp 4 weeks an already down 5pds.
  • rmh2021
    rmh2021 Posts: 13 Member
    @kelMee You have made great progress, congrats! Your diet sounds smart and will help you from getting cravings that take you off course. I am really trying to be patient with the process. Tomorrow I will have completed my third training session of my third week. It's a small victory but when I drive home from there I feel like I ran up a mountain or something much bigger than just made it through another session. Going seemed insurmountable just weeks ago so I celebrated by getting a fit bit which will remind me to think about my health and fitness. I really did not for years so the tracking stats are slightly addictive to me. I find it motivating and annoying but in a way I want to improve. Mostly I just can't wait to feel really good again.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    I started back on MFP in January with a goal of losing 72 pounds this year to take me into One-derland.

Starting weight: 271.1
    Current weight: 225.8 (-45.3lbs!!!!!)

I was looking back in my MFP history and have been using the app on and off since 2012. The lowest weight I have ever recorded in the app is 210. My initial goal was to hit that by October (9 years since I last recorded that weight) but I think I might revise to hit that goal by the end of July.

Keep up the good work everyone. You can do this!!!!