HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• owlfarts1
    owlfarts1 Posts: 5 Member
    Awesome work!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Cannot remember where I posted these, but this is me at 79 kg and 66 kg, I now weigh 63.5 kg and still lift heavy, not lost strength getting stronger (I am a masters strongwoman athlete)...I have visible abs now, will try add an up to date photo/progress pic and one of me lifting various heavy things...my calories are on the rise again up to 2100 per day (reverse dieting) and weight still dropping...I am 47 soon, am 5 foot 5....have been lifting heavy on and off for a long time. Strongwoman has been for the last 3 years....

nte4naopz4br.jpg

That's kind of...wow! What sorcery is this?
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Ladies I’m just starting my heavy lifting journey, under the eye of a trainer I can squat 40-50kg, deadlift up to 60kg, row 25. Is this heavy enough? Do I just lift 2-3 times per week and stick to my calories?
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Ladies I’m just starting my heavy lifting journey, under the eye of a trainer I can squat 40-50kg, deadlift up to 60kg, row 25. Is this heavy enough? Do I just lift 2-3 times per week and stick to my calories?

You do what is heavy for you, challenging to your body and strength. As long as there is progressive overload (more reps, more weight, higher intensity, etc) over time, you will get stronger and build some lean mass....if you are still cutting (in a caloric deficit) make sure your protein macro is around 1 g per lb bodyweight....I lifted all through my fat loss. If energy becomes a problem, time higher carb meals around training time....

• FPlanner2021
    FPlanner2021 Posts: 44 Member
    Such an inspiring thread.. Great job..
  • slickmickey
    slickmickey Posts: 113 Member
    hahaha love it. i'm staring at the photo & all the numbers going, where is this bulk???? before i scrolled further.
    looking awesome!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Bump
  • jnnfrstrong
    jnnfrstrong Posts: 13 Member
    Starting.. Soon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!