Mission Slimpossible - May 2021 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
edited May 2021 in Social Groups
p7k5myvj61ft.png

Here is your Team chat room for May 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28 and @JoDavo66
Weight No More - @goingape
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    Hi gang! I'm Kathy and I'm 49, I live in the Sacramento area in California. I'm one of the team motivators along with @Austin Ruadhain @trooworld and I believe @raleighgirl09 and have been a member of this group for about two years. I can't believe it's already been that long! I tend to mainly eat whole foods aside of coffee creamer and I work out every day, I was 222 at my highest, went down to 122, and now I'm about 175 and just trying not to gain and preferably lose but I'm okay with maintaining as well. I'm disabled and do arm cardio, arm weights, core exercises, and stretching/yoga. I have CRPS and many health issues, my main goal is to stay as healthy and mobile as possible. I love to garden, read, and spend time with my cats. I just discovered a new therapy that I'm trying, it was tried on me yesterday and helped a lot so today I'm going back to be their "victim" to students, they're treating me for free as long as I'm willing to share my story. The owner seemed understanding that I don't have much money and is willing to work with me so I figure I have nothing to lose.

Let's have an amazing May!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hello everyone!!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am soooo glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of the Fat2Fit moderators and your Mission Slimpossibles captain along with Mark (@broncobuddee) The Mission Slimpossibles also have three incredible motivators, @AustinRuadhain, @Katmary71, and @trooworld.

:star: Stuff you need to know! :star:

1)Weekly Weigh-In
    Please read the opening post so that you know how to correctly record your weigh-ins so that @broncobuddee can easily find you every week. If you need to move your weigh-in day or have other weight logging questions, please tag @broncobuddee in your post so he can find you easily.

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

3) Habit Tracker & Challenges
    For added help in your health journey make sure to take advantage of our monthly Habit Tracker and weekly Challenges that you will find on our Home Page. Tracking our habits and doing the challenges will keep you mindful of your choices and help keep you motivated.

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I’m 55, live in Georgia with my incredible husband, my mom, and our fur baby Maggie Mae. I work at my church as the ministry assistant and janitress. I also volunteer as a teacher in our children’s ministry, which is both a joy and a test of patience. o:)

I’ve struggled with my weight most of my life with lots of ups and downs along the way. I’m without a doubt a sugar addict and have taken real steps this year to overcome my addiction and gain freedom and control over my food. One of the ways that have helped me the most is intermittent fasting. I’ve been doing IF for two years and believe that it’s one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself. I’ve tweaked my eating plan often over the last couple of years but have finally landed on low carb/Keto because it makes me feel my best and keeps the scale moving in the right direction. I have lost 80 lbs. and am determined to get the last 25 lbs. off this year!

If you are interested in IF, I highly recommend Gin Stephen’s new book, “Fast, Feast, Repeat” and her podcast Intermittent Fasting Stories. I also think everyone should read Dr. Jason Fung’s, “Obesity Code.” It was life-changing for me!
    As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend and message me any time. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)

qjugltewsgm2.jpg

• TeresaW1020
    So, my Beachbody group is doing a Butt & Burpee challenge this month. I'm committing to doing it everyday. Who here wants to join me? :grin:

xr5vtunk3ksf.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    From the April thread:

@Katmary71 Glad that everything went well with the biopsy! That is cool that the treatment the nurse did helped. Is that machine something you could get or schedule appointments for? Awe I bet that therapy dog was drawn to your kind heart. :)

@19shmoo69 You made me laugh! Cut that crappie from your diet this week!! :grin:

@laurelfit57 Hopefully this will be a better week for you. <3

@AustinRuadhain Glad to see you popping in! I hope you got all green’s today! :grin:

@mlhopp93 We ALL have speed bumps as we navigate this crazy weight loss journey we are on. I had to take a hard look at my behavior this month as we all do from time to time. Re-focusing on your why is key! You know what to do to get the weight off and learning to become consistent is a battle, but it’s a battle worth raging. You are worth it!! Join the 50 Day Challenge that I posted about and use it to help you stay mindful. We are all here for you and cheering you onward! B)

@trooworld Woot, I knew I could count on you to join in on the challenge! I like your goals and especially that we both put no “unplanned” sugar as one of our goals. I really think that it’s the unplanned that is our problem and not the planned. We just can’t plan it too often or then we will be in trouble! :p

Hi Team! I am super tired right now. I met up with a friend this morning and we spent several hours cleaning out a huge storage room at the church that holds stuff from all our events and then some. It was the “then some” stuff that got tossed into the dumpster or boxed up to be used in a garage sale that my friend is having. We then went to lunch and I got a salad. My Apple watch tells me that I walked over 11,000 steps and climbed 15 flights of stairs. I am calling that my workout for the day! :grin: Afterward, hubby and I went to Sams and then back to the church to drop off the stuff I bought. I was going to make pizza for dinner but I was so tired that I sent hubby to Subway and I got one of their protein bowls. Now, I’m going to enjoy a cup of decaf on my back porch before crashing in front of the TV. :)

50 Day Commitment: Day One
    1) Track every day using Carb Manager Yup, I tracked it!
    2) Workout 6 days a week (Including a Butt & Burpee Challenge) Workout was at the church and I did day one of the B & B challenge
    3) No unplanned sugar indulgencesThere were no indulgences
    4) Rating my day and practicing forgiveness if need I need toAll things considered, today was a very good day!
    5) Post my daily results every day on this group and in the Habit Tracker. Nope, but I will start the new tracker tomorrow.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    I would like to loose 25 pounds.
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Hi Slimpossibiles team mates,

My name is Apple and live in the UK near Heathrow airport.

Lost to date about 37lbs (16.8 kg) but my
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg).

Have a good week ahead 😁!
  • TeresaW1020
    lgd2rlof48rt.png

Your MAY HABIT TRACKER is up and ready for you to fill out and start tracking the habits that will help you get closer to your goals! :)
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    Hi to all the returning Slims and welcome to the newbies. It's so nice to be part of such a wonderful group

I'm Jackie. I'm 57 and live in Ontario, Canada with my Hubby of 30 years, our 23yr old son and a spoiled German Shepard named Jolene. Our 26 yr old daughter who is one of my biggest supporters/pushers in my weightless journey lives 6hrs away. I work part time in a chocolate store which is sometimes a bit of a challenge.

I've been part of this group for 2yrs now and am down 40 lbs from my heaviest weight. I started doing IF at the end of March. Nothing too drastic as I like to eat everyday but 2 or 3 days a week I skip breakfast and lunch giving me a 24 hr fast. I also try to keep carbs low and avoid added sugar. This has been working for me so far and hasn't been difficult to stick to so I'll continue with this eating pattern through May and see what happens.

I'm working on turning my goals for 2021 into habits by focusing on them one at a time. 3 down 5 to go. For May I'm going to focus on strength training and sleep.

1. Stay away from sugar or refined carbs ✔
    2. Hydrate earlier in the day
    3. Get at least 30 min of activity daily ✔
    4. Be consistant with strength training.
    5. Get outside for some fresh air daily ✔
    6. Work on getting enough sleep
    7. Get my house organized
    8. Get back to posting on my blog regularly

@TeresaW1020 count me in for the 50 Day Challenge. Sheesh I cant believe summer is that close. This year is flying by.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    Well done, @Firefly743 @RYcare @digger61 @caitlingfry @apple852hk!

@caitlingfry That's wonderful! Congrats!

@TeresaW1020 I'm still a motivator, aren't I? You didn't list my name and neither did @jugar so I'm confused! :( I agree about the unplanned sugar. That sounds like a great workout, cleaning out all that stuff. I'm glad you got your porch cleaned off so you can sit out on it!

@19shmoo69 Hang in there, that bloat will come off!

Hi all. I'm one of your new motivators as of April 2021. I've had problems with my weight since my mid-20s: I'm on medications known for gaining weight, combine that with poor lifestyle choices and you've got a perfect recipe for a ~83 lb gain. I've been on WW for years now, it's what works for me. I do not track in MFP, but in WW app. I've lost ~28 lbs so far. My goal weight is 165 lbs. I live in Southern California with my husband and a spoiled rotten pug. My hobbies include lots of reading to escape reality ;), walking with friends, camping, hiking sometimes, and doing crafts and artwork.

Sunday check-in:
    Hi all. I had a great day yesterday even if it was a bit busy. I went for a walk around a lake with a friend. I'm looking forward to the farmer's market today, it's going to be great weather!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

ovusbd56zs1f.png
    4i94oloxuo0i.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    50 Day Commitment: Day One
    1) Track every day using WW app ✅
    2) Workout at least once a week (it's a start!) ✅
    3) No unplanned sugar ✅
  • TeresaW1020
    trooworld wrote: »

@TeresaW1020 I'm still a motivator, aren't I? You didn't list my name and neither did @jugar so I'm confused! :( I agree about the unplanned sugar. That sounds like a great workout, cleaning out all that stuff. I'm glad you got your porch cleaned off so you can sit out on it!

YES!!! Super sorry that I forgot to edit my post and I will get Jugar to do the same. You are an awesome motivator and I am so grateful for you. <3

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    axe68jqx0zf2.jpg
    kosql2woaw6c.png
    rys1zrgke4sn.png
    qrdex10v2twv.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    60lel4942iyk.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1vaci54lvw24.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Rachelrjh 2.47 %
    2nd @beautyofdreams 2.13%
    3rd @KristieJC 2.07%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @KristieJC 4.2 Lbs
    1st @ashleycarole86 4.2 Lbs
    2nd @rachelrjh 4.0 Lbs
    3rd @Beautyofdreams 3.2Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @eggfreak
    @DD265
    @caitlingfry
    @JoDavo66
    @davidji82
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @janek1705
    @Mrscanmore
    @Firefly743

x5xkorli42si.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    1itdvab9fsve.jpg
    v0epz9wc35rn.png
    td982ufn8bqe.png
    humq4wgt8shp.png
    i8bgdakxbn2a.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    nxsrp71pr66i.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    wjuoarp3oo9d.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @bumpbreakcar 8.58 %
    2nd @Rachelrjh 7.60%
    3rd @KristieJC 6.86 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @laceyf53 15.5 Lbs
    2nd @Ashleycarole86 14.6 Lbs
    3rd @rwood566 14.4 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Aqualang26
    @kerdil08
    @davidji82
    @Tazaria87
    @gak71
    @Jactop
    @heatlthygirlintransit
    @Bluetail6
    @machchic

r5jfkibunr6a.png

• jugar
    1009z59yjjf5.png
    The MAY WEEK 1 Challenge is up! This is always our week for commitment and reflection - try to post there every day if it helps you! Or post them here if you would rather:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10831916/may-week-1-challenge-daily-commitment-and-reflection#latest
  • jugar
    @trooworld and Slimpossibles!

I owe you an apology. I was happy to learn a few days ago that @trooworld was your new Motivator. in the middle of changing the spreadsheet to reflect that change, I got partway through and - look! a squirrel! - something distracted me. I changed the team roster, but not the heading. Then when I set up the May team chats yesterday, I went with what was on the heading, which had not been updated. Your fabulous captain @TeresaW1020 let me know that *someone* had messed up!

It is all fixed now, and there is no doubt that you have a fantastic new motivator. None at all! Thanks for stepping up, Chris! You're an inspiration and I think the rest of us better watch out for this team in May :grimace:

Onward ho!
  • TeresaW1020
    mp2s30fr9oej.png
This discussion has been closed.