WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Barbie: - Thank you so much for starting a new thread.

I wrote a post yesterday, but somehow it didn’t get posted. However I will try and get caught up today. I have already read through the last few pages of the April thread, and the first few pages of May.

(Page 3)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    GodMomKim:
    I’m appalled that you had to endure such upsetting, bullying behaviour in the park. The ignorance and insensitivity of many people is what galls me. They don’t have the wit to realise that wearing a mask is protecting THEM, as much as us.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    896kcq84wh2d.png
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,287 Member
    Heather -
    You sound just as giddy to have her as Edie probably is to visit! I love it that you're finally able to have your grands with you again.

Betsy -
    You are missed here every summer, but we envision you up north in that final frontier... hope your sister's procedures are a quick and easy recovery. You seem very close.

Allie -
    Echoing what everyone's saying re: Tom pressuring you for his benefit, and not yours. You have a legal agreement in your hands which supersedes his wishes, and his timeline is HIS problem, not yours in any way, shape, form or fashion. I know you like having the relationship with him and Elena and being able to take care of the dogs - but he always has an underlying agenda. Just remember the actual reality. He was a cheating, lying husband who kept you on an allowance of, if I remember right, $20 A WEEK, while he was romancing Elena. He is now living with the woman he was bedding while you were still married to him. He is a cheater and a manipulator then and it will always, always, always go back to money for him. Don't let him win.

Had a wonderful time at the farmer's market yesterday, and got some great ideas for more things to sell going forward. Tracey, it made me think of you and your husband's Christmas decorations - I have a wood burning pen, and a boatload of paint, so I might start making some stuff to sell that way. We're also putting plants out this week, and I can replant the seedlings we don't sell and sell them to people who haven't had time or energy to start their own. The lady at the next table sold tomatoes and pepper plants that she'd raised on her deck undercover, and sold them all. Once we've got things bearing, I'll be able to sell whatever Corey doesn't want to can, as well.

Plus, the farmer's market is held in the parking lot of the Old Rock School, which holds the Community Center (which is where the market will be held on the days when it's raining) and the quilting shop that supports the center. There's a quilting group that works on hand-quilting items on Tuesdays and Saturdays, and the proceeds go to help the community center as well. They have two quilts set up all the time, with ladies working on them (six feet apart - they're BIG quilts). Now that I've got my second vaccine, I'm finally willing to begin to join my community, I guess. I know it's early, but I'm being careful, cross my heart.

Spoke to the mayor, as well, yesterday, and will do some grant research to see what's out there - they want to expand the fire department, buy a new police car and build a water park for the kiddos. With specific things in mind, grant research is an awful lot easier.

Now to get going with my own quilt!

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,304 Member
    Good morning all and happy May.-

Caught up reading from end of April through this am. Busy few days to end the week.

Was really struck by the park bullying incident over masks. The only place I am insistent with people over it is in my work place. If you are in your cube/office you don't have to wear one-you get up to move about, put it on. That means most staff spend very little of their 8 hour work day in a mask. The majority have no problem complying. One elderly staff member is totally against it-always has a reason why she can't cover her nose. Treating it like any other rules violation-she is moving herself down the discipline path. She can retire at any time. Also, she is not a very productive worker (we have several older staff who are extremely valuable and work very hard, so I am not against older workers!). In our private lives we all have the right to make our own choices. I don't bully people in stores who aren't wearing masks-I just go to a different aisle.

I am getting out more to stores-limiting my time but it feels good. I would say I hope I don't spend more, but with my Amazon, etc., deliveries during 2020, I think I contributed to economy!

Still sorting out clothes. Hard to get rid of them but am making progress. When I was young and poor, we didn't get rid of clothing because you never knew when you would get new!

Going to in-person church this am, taking walk at reservoir with friend this pm. Otherwise, working on closets and clothes. Nice thing is, I end up getting quite a few extra steps in wandering from room to room!

Back is much better-the predisone pack seems to have done the job. Have some new stretches to work in to strengthen and back to doing a couple of low weight exercise. Going to build up slowly. Using one of the machines at gym on Friday I realized how much strength was lost in right leg the 6 weeks or so everything was messed up.

Enjoy your Sunday. We are having beautiful weather here today-with rain on tap for the work week!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    edited May 2021
    Morning ladies
    Lisa - yes to what you said for sure.. I am totally on board with that.. I am writing him a letter and making a copy for my attorney...
    He knows what he did,and im going to remind him that I might have forgiven but I dont forget..
    And if he wants to take me to court ,gee what is the judge going to think when his ex wife has had 2 open heart surgeries and can no longer work,and he owns 2 cars and 2 homes .. and if you want to buy me out.. sell the florida house and be done with it..
    I totally agree with you Lisa...i loved,trusted and had faith in him and he broke that trust big time..
    And i didnt sleep well at all last night.. gee I wonder why..
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,287 Member
    Morning ladies
    Lisa - yes to what you said for sure.. I am totally on board with that.. I am writing him a letter and making a copy for my attorney...
    He knows what he did,and im going to remind him that I might have forgiven but I dont forget..
    And if he wants to take me to court ,gee what is the judge going to think when his ex wife has had 2 open heart surgeries and can no longer work,and he owns 2 cars and 2 homes .. and if you want to buy me out.. sell the florida house and be done with it..
    I totally agree with you Lisa...i loved,trusted and had faith in him and he broke that trust big time..

Yes! That's my friend Allie - if there was ever a time to get mad at him, this is it. Tell him to take a long walk off a short pier, my chicken.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Good Sunday,
    The sunrise was beautiful. I slept wonderfully. We brought down the couches from home and put them in the living room and sitting room. I built our bed frame :smile: It looks really pretty. I will post pictures when I get the right quilt/comforter. It is so comfortable down here. Could it be because it is minimal things? Probably! There isn't a bunch of stuff yelling at me to get it clean or move it or use it. I think we will be bringing down the dvd player and a receiver for music. My wii won't connect to any of my tvs at home, so I think I will bring it down here and put upstairs for the kids. It would mean a couple less things in the middle bedroom at home. If at that point in time no one uses the wii, I will probably get rid of it. I believe that the DVDs will get watched down here mainly in the winter since channels are limited and no internet. I feel the need to be more minimal in my life. Dinner last night was simple and good. I used leftover sausage, italian seasonings, petite diced tomatos, and macaroni and cheese for "hamburger helper" type dish with green beans, bread and butter. Again, was just easy. I am really overwhelmed at home. Something to think about.....

All of your adventures are so exciting to me! I love reading about all the different life styles. Everyone of your daily posts teaches me something new or gives me a moment to pause and think. I will say that the North Pole and Alaska adventures send shivers down my spine as I really don't like the cold at all. I have dreamed of traveling all of my life. Maybe one day......In the meantime, I get to live through all of your lives and adventures!

I should probably get some work paperwork done. I really need to get caught up! I hate having it hanging over my head. The repairs have slowed down coming in which is giving the guys a chance to catch up. Spring came early, so now we will get our second wave soon. Would love to be caught up before that happens.

Hugs!
    High Fives!
    Lots of Love!

Kylia in KY for this Sunday
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    Morning ladies
    And i didnt sleep well at all last night.. gee I wonder why..

:) Good for you. Forgiveness is not pardoning. You forgave him because you are kind and don't want the pain of hating, but that doesn't pardon his terrible behaviour.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    1207906t5ef8adzuh.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    This weekend ...

mrljnaqjhsct.png

55vqw2akst4j.png

cjdtaxfnrjyr.png

Aside from going out to cycle, walk, run, see beaches, etc. ...

I also did my laundry, tidied a few things, dealt with a few issues, slept, and made dinner tonight!! I made something like a Greek salad, scrambled eggs and fried haloumi. My first time trying to something with haloumi and it wasn't too bad. I love haloumi ... I just have to get the thickness and timing right.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Pppp
  • Katla49
    Heather: I love the photo of your DH and Edie: :star:

Allie: I suggest that you show the letter to your attorney before you send it to Tom. Your attorney will be better able to protect you if she knows what is going on. Just my humble opinion. I agree with Barbie’s comments on foregiveness. Forgiveness does not pardon Tom’s terrible behavior. :flowerforyou:

We have a bright sunshiny morning. When the sun gets a little higher it will be much more comfortable to look outside and go outside.

Katla
  • grandmallie
    I emailed the letter to my attorney and she can look it over..
    I basically said he took my love,trust and faith in him and threw it away.. and that i have evidence not used because we live in a no fault state,i forgave him and Elena but did not forget..
    Said i dont think either of us wants to use lawyers but I will if I have to.
    He says he doesn't have the money,well you should have thought of it before using that little blue pill ( ps didn't put that in but should have lol)
    What he could do is sell the florida house and pay me off,Elena cant retire for another at least 5 yrs and he has 2 homes and 2 cars.
    Whats that going to look like that his ex wife had 2 open heart surgeries and can no longer work,but he has 2 homes and 2 cars and somehow cant afford to pay me off..
    So yes it went to attorney first and if she approved it ,will go to Tom.. he has alot to consider doesnt he?
    Just back from a walk with the crazy dog.
  • Katla49
    Allie: Good for you, sending your letter to your attorney. You’ve sent her important information that will enable her to help your case. 😇
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    B)

• grandmallie
    Afternoon ladies
    Ugh im just beat... I took a snooze this morning and just woke up from another snooze.. i did get out with Alfie earlier for a walk.. but i have zero get up and go..
    Will take Alfie out again in a bit..
    Heather glad your lawyer was able to get your settlement..
    Have to get blood work done tomorrow and take Dan to work..