Serial Starters

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello All!
    Tracy - I too am very glad you found a Dr you like/trust. That is not an easy thing to do once in a while.
    Lana - hello! A weed wacker is very simple. I have a battery one and use it alot beating back the green I do not wish to have :) Also the same battery goes in my little tree trimmer thing (very small chainsaw looking thing) The place we bought is a bit overgrown at times. I am encouraging native plants...but sometimes have to get rid of some invasive stuff.
    Sara - glad you day was better!
    Rhiannon! I have three kids - they are all grown. It is tough to self care when they are little....try to schedule you time.
    Have a great one
    ~Lynn
    CW 194.4
    HW 207
    GW 189
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 199 Member
    Woooo! One day closer to Friday!!!

I did decently well with calories yesterday and today! Hoping to stay on track, as I tend to be an evening snacker and have been known to sabotage an entire good day with one hour after dinner!!!

I will weigh in tomorrow morning!

Lynn- I tell myself DAILY that they are only little for a short time!!! I will miss this one day.....I think lol
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Lynn - maybe I will get a weed whacker then. OR, at least look at them.....

Rhiannon - I totally understand about the end of the day---it is the dangerous time of day. Ugh.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good evening,

Late for me dropped after work and just did not get up when alarm went off.

ASM in my world is an "arrogant smart mouth"

Tracy - a good doctor is hard to find anymore and I am glad you found one who knows how to treat your symptoms.

Lana you take that project in small doses and soon it will be done.

Mixed news at work one temp got offered a job and one is getting fired. I am 3 cubicles away from the boss and I could hear boss talking to soon to be ex temp. Could not hear words. I have been that person in that room.

Got my 5k walking to mailbox after work.

Very glad its Friday.
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 199 Member
    Happy Friday!

I managed to stick within my calorie goal yesterday! Woot!

I thought for sure I would be down on the scale this morning but alas, the same number appeared. Hoping to have a successful weekend and see a loss by Monday!

We are having an addition put on our house and the demo of our laundry room starts this weekend!

ya'll have any fun plans?
  • LanaCabana537
    edited April 2021
    jtez0nv5o0dv.jpeg
    *** April 30th ***

Wow - this is the last day of April! 🌷

This morning I cooked a batch (4 servings) of steel cut oatmeal. It's good to have it on hand, ready to go.

Yesterday I failed at the grocery store, and I came home with some prepared foods that are so salty and gross that I am going to throw away the leftovers. You know what they say about insanity: I keep trying prepared foods, hoping that they will work for me. They don't. I cannot even write down the number I saw on the scale this morning. Argh.
    Bright note: Today I have all of my food planned ahead - all of it plain and simple.

rm73ejphh6kd.jpeg

Hang in there Sara and everybody - It's Friday and of course the Cabana Boys will be having a special Happy Hour 🌴

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Happy hour? Did someone say Happy Hour?
    Lana - I have been there with buying prepared foods consuming some and instantly feeling YUCK. But then I do it again....Have you tried any of the mail services of food? Like Hello Fresh or things like that? I know you have to prepare and they are a bit much per plate, but if is reduces food waste? Just an idea. My splurge was a glass of wine, pretzels and cheese dip. My favorites and I have fat little fingers today due to salt and wine. Sigh.
    Sara - ASM - LOVE your version! Sorry you had to hear that from bosses office. That probably created some post trauma for you.
    Rhiannon - congrats on calorie goal. I have decided...I have not been logging. I have not had consistant days of eating well. I will start logging. Monday :wink:
    No plans for weekend. Likely some garden planting. Kale, peas, lettuce. Looking forward to digging in the earth.
    Have a great Friday!
    ~Lynn
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Happy Friday to all!

Derby Day at the Lodge tomorrow! I haven't finished my hat yet and I need to iron my dress. I hate to say it, because the situation will change as soon as I do, but right now my daily workload seems light. I may grab my supplies and work on my hat while waiting for emails to come in.

At lunch today, I have to go to storage and find the ducks for the Duck Chuck. I already got the horses out for our horse races, but I forgot the ducks.

I also have to go to Union City tonight to pick up the end-of-year averages from the Men's League. That's the last ones I have to enter to close out this bowling season.

While I'm up there, I will swing by Walmart to get the supplies for the appetizers I'm making for tomorrow's Derby Day Celebration. Seasoned cream cheese and pickles wrapped in sliced ham. They were very popular when I took some for Christmas.

I don't think I have a lot to do for next week's party, but I do have 3 (three!) meetings at the Moose this coming week. Technically, four, but two of them are back-to-back on the same night.

Let's talk about May Goals!!

1. With my new Fitbit, I am tracking my sleep and aiming for seven good hours of sleep per night.
    2. Make sure I get my water. Not usually a problem except on weekends.
    3. Maintain the grain-free, sugar-free path I started on Tuesday.
    4. Log my food.

I won't be focusing on weight this go around. I am focusing on pain and inflammation reduction. My measurement for success will be judgement calls based on how tight my skin and my clothes feel and how many or few pain relievers I take each day.

Spoiler alert: I have already reduced the pain relievers after only 4 days grain-free. ;)

Wishing ease and peace for all in all aspects of life. Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

TGIF

First thing I did at work was do one of my 4 annual workshops online - blood borne pathogens - so exciting!!! Necessary though ..... then I emailed the manager and asked if she was in the office could I speak to her? Later this afternoon I had a 30-40 minute discussion of sorts about what I had to endure yesterday and examples of things I have observed (her Sup told me to tell her which I also mentioned). Did I want to have a 3 way discussion with my Sup? No I would not see that as productive. Just shaking my head.

Did I mention it was Friday and how happy I am??

Salads for more meals - will have to find more than one kind other wise boredom kicks in. Weekend grazing also has to stop.

Cabana club has a 2 fer special - one appetizer and a tropical drink and you get to dance with one of the cabana boys!!! They are tired of just making the food.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2021
    56tazviims8l.jpeg
    *** MAY 1st ***

Good morning everybody! It is May!! I hope that you all have a really good day today. πŸ€—

It seems that the Cabana Boys were inspired by Tracy to find some ducks for a Cabana Duck Chuck! 😜

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Significant Other and I for Derby Day
    t1xfothjkuae.jpg
    Hat Detail
    nursgx9v51yf.jpg
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2021
    ieyc8qw3tdmj.jpeg
    *** May 2nd ***

Good morning All~~

πŸ’œ Tracy !!!! Wow, you and S.O. look SO fabulous! πŸ˜‰πŸ’œ Did you have a good time yesterday?
    Your hat is so much fun!
    I meant to ask you - the cream cheese and pickles and ham snacks....do you use dill or sweet pickles?

Waving to Sara and Rhiannon and Lynn and Runa and Jordanna and Maureen and Missy and Dawn and anyone else who pops by later on~~

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Good morning, Lans!

We did have fun. Not much of a crowd--about 20 people. We were the only ones who dressed up. However, we had a lot of food, played our games, and enjoyed each other's company.

I use dill pickle spears. They seem to compliment the cream cheese. Yesterday, the seasonings for the filling were garlic powder, onion powder, reconstituted dried onion, dill, basil, and salt. All those are mixed into the softened cream cheese before spreading on the ham slices.

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm exhausted and going to take another nap.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Wow did I not check in yesterday?? what the heck? I got 6700 steps in that's where I was.....

Tracy - thank you for the pictures and glad you had a great time. Even better that you got dressed up.

Housework done setting things up for work tomorrow.

Zoom meeting in part focused on skin care / sun screen and hats - I got 2 hats from lady from church and 1 from amazon.

Tonight is premade salad, I added chicken and extra salad dressing. Upper 70's to mid 90's this week - not good oven weather - so doing what I can.

• LanaCabana537

Sara - that's a great steps #! Good for you. Sleep well - see you tomorrow

Wishing all a good night~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    lrwlo6760l82.jpeg
    *** May 3rd ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started. I hope that you all have a good Monday πŸ‘πŸ»

*tossing everything onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

[stats have been too scary to post; scale has thankfully headed downward again]
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    Lana and Lynn, thank you for the condolences. It's been a rough couple of weeks.

I got back to WI on 4/29 and ran on 4/30--whoa, hills are so much harder than just plain ol' heat. My calves are too sore still to get back to it. I've been doing a lot of physical labor, packing and moving things in the house. I have two UHaul Boxes (pods) in the driveway to start loading--when I finish getting everything packed and can organize the mess. I have a place I want to visit in Charlotte to consider renting. Nearby trail is one of the main attractions. I have a job offer, so I don't have to worry much about that anymore.

I'm just starting back onto healthier eating. I just didn't worry about it when mom was ill and I have no regrets. Gained a couple of pounds but also have more muscle showing, so all that walking and jogging paid off with physical benefits. I do it mostly for my mental and emotional well-being, but the other benefits are nice.

I'm too overwhelmed to read back through what I've missed in more than a month, and I apologize. If I've missed something big, I'm so sorry. Please feel free to message me with an update.

Hugs to all. I'm feeling pretty sad but I know it will pass.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Down 1.6 which is a good sign. No more grazing on weekends really helps.

One of the temp hires has accepted the job to stay - which is a relief as we cant keep people for nothing.

Got my 5k walking today and sometimes that is not easy to do.

Un Spring like weather until Thursday. Just is.

• LanaCabana537
    edited May 2021
    rbnl7uiksa3f.jpeg
    *** May 4th ***

Good morning All~~

Sara - Congratulations on the good weigh in! ...glad for you about temp person signing on full time.

Maureen - good to see you back home and posting again 😘

Waves to all who stop by today πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Catching up!
    Tracy - your dress up was most spectacular! I am glad your day went well. My family loves ham/pickle rollups. We make them like you do. Fly off the plate!
    Sara - congrats - 1.6 is a good loss!
    Maureen - you are in my thoughts. One step, one day at a time. Soon you will have much less on your plate.
    Lana - good morning!
    Waves to all! Have a grand Tuesday!