Diary problem

Does anyone else have this problem. I log my food into the app diary but my diary won't complete it just says "There was a problem sending your request to the server. Please visit the main website or try again later" but If I go to the website the food is there and I can complete it from there. Why won't the app diary complete?
Any ideas?

Replies

• thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    Does anyone else have this problem. I log my food into the app diary but my diary won't complete it just says "There was a problem sending your request to the server. Please visit the main website or try again later" but If I go to the website the food is there and I can complete it from there. Why won't the app diary complete?
    Any ideas?

the app is buggy sometimes... welcome to MFP! :laugh:
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    I don't. But MFP is buggy.

But I will let you know that you don't have to 'complete' your diary (I've only done it a handful of times and I've been using the app for on and off for years
  • Snackattackz
    Snackattackz Posts: 72 Member
    Deviette wrote: »
    I don't. But MFP is buggy.

But I will let you know that you don't have to 'complete' your diary (I've only done it a handful of times and I've been using the app for on and off for years

It kinda just irked me that it wasn't working properly. I like closing it, it gives me a sense of closure, no more food for the day.
    I know that's just a mental thing. 🙂
    I guess maybe someday it's a glitch that will be fixed 🤞
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited March 2021
    long answer short .... because its mfp and why should any of it work the way its supposed to? i actually prefer the website compared to the phone app for most things.

Ditto, although I haven't closed my diary in years. I actually forgot this was a thing lol. I get the best experience and the most features via the browser.
  • Snackattackz
    Thought I'd mention I deleted all data and cache in my phone settings for the app and violà it works now. I just completed my diary in the app :)
  • Snackattackz
    edited May 2021
    Having trouble again.. and the old fix doesn't work :/
    Anyone get this message?
    ckd4g1sb34fo.jpg
    I go to site and try to complete and it just says processing but nothing happens.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    I was having a lot of problems with the recipe builder last night - it wouldn't let me save changes I made to a recipe. This morning, thankfully, it seems fine. I frequently end up on weird loops or have buttons I can't click, etc. I just assume it's MFP being buggy and weird. Frustrating, because I am trying to use the tools they supposedly offer, but at least it's not my online banking!
  • meeppeepneep
    meeppeepneep Posts: 56 Member
    Yup, haven't been able to complete a day, on app or website for a few days now.
  • GiftedToast
    GiftedToast Posts: 1 Member
    Ditto, it has been the same for me for three days now.
  • Snackattackz
    Thanks guys 🙂 at least it makes me feel better knowing it's not just my phone. It's a MFP gremlin and not me.
    Hopefully it will be fixed soon 🤞
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    I get that sometimes when I am inputting a meal. As you said, the food shows up in the diary, usually, despite saying that it wasn't able to be sent. I just make sure to check the diary before resending the information.
  • Mikeg_1000
    Mikeg_1000 Posts: 4 Member
    Yes getting that on app. Been able to complete on web site until today, now have a problem of not syncing between App and Web site.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    PLEASE SEE https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/5716717249933 dedicated to the aforementioned extended issues for detailed information on what is going on
  • JoanCS8
    JoanCS8 Posts: 1 Member
    As of yesterday evening, I cannot access "Food". I get a message that says ""There was a problem sending your request to the server. Please try again later." And this is NOT through the app, which has never worked well, but through the website. Any ideas? In the meantime I am using Chronometer, which is OK but which I don't like as well.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    edited November 2022
    JoanCS8 wrote: »
    As of yesterday evening, I cannot access "Food". I get a message that says ""There was a problem sending your request to the server. Please try again later." And this is NOT through the app, which has never worked well, but through the website. Any ideas? In the meantime I am using Chronometer, which is OK but which I don't like as well.

Yeah, same. I sent a report to Support. I can access today's Food, but not any previous days.
    There was a problem with your request

Sorry, but a server error occurred processing your request. Our team has been notified of the issue.
    Firefox. W10.

W10 did an update yesterday, so I'm hoping it's just one of those things that will work itself out after a couple days. Weird stuff like this happens every now and then on this site.
  • resollar
    resollar Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2022
    Same here (with Chrome), and it still doesn't work. Do such outages happen often here? I'm a very new user of the service, told myself that if I still like it after a week of trying, I'll buy a subscription as I consider it fair to pay for a decent service. But it only worked 3 days for me, and now this :(
  • pujieming
    pujieming Posts: 1 Member
    Same problem has been happening to me for the last three days or so. App works but food diary on website doesn't. Error message is "There was a problem with your request
    Sorry, but a server error occurred processing your request. Our team has been notified of the issue."
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    edited November 2022
    resollar wrote: »
    Same here (with Chrome), and it still doesn't work. Do such outages happen often here? I'm a very new user of the service, told myself that if I still like it after a week of trying, I'll buy a subscription as I consider it fair to pay for a decent service. But it only worked 3 days for me, and now this :(

I would never pay the dollar amount they ask for this tool. It's way too expensive. There are lots of buggy issues caused by multiple owners over the years deciding to try to tweak one feature or another. Tis the nature of a user-input (old) website I guess. I don't know. I have been using this food logging tool since 2007 so it would be a huge nuisance for me to have to go to another site. . .all my foods are entered here, and I've learned to work around the broken parts. This particular issue makes the site unusable for me.

Eventually they'll patch something together, it's happening to a lot of people right now. It may take a week, and they'll probably break something else trying to fix it - if past experience has taught me anything. :wink: In the past these things have not gotten worked on over the weekend.

It's still the largest database, easiest for me to use, and I like the forums...so...
  • resollar
    resollar Posts: 2 Member
    I would never pay the dollar amount they ask for this tool. It's way too expensive.

This is also true of course. Their per-month price looks almost intentionally prohibitive, given the rather unconvincing benefits the subscription offers. At the very least at this price it should include a fast-track to support. Maybe they are concerned that too many "ad-free" customers will affect their attractiveness for advertisers, or something. At least I hope that's the reason, and not just that somebody thought "9.99 is cool, let's set it". Yearly price seems somewhat more sensible, but then again, it probably implies that most of users won't last the whole year.

To stay on the topic though, they still haven't fixed it. That is, the current diary works all right, but the entry for Nov 12th still returns the same error for me. An old record problem seems not a big deal, but unfortunately it means that they probably still have a corrupt data in the database, and these issues don't just disappear, it may break their backups and otherwise pop up any time again.

I got a reply from support today, with a bunch of irrelevant L1 questions. It's not very reassuring, but let's see how it goes, replied as it said it would be forwarded further to development.