MarathON!

LoveyChar
LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
I'm running my second Marathon in 5 weeks. I'll start there...

Replies

• LoveyChar
    It rained, not an excuse to not run. I waited until it cleared, though, and ran 2 miles after riding the stationary bike for 70 minutes. I rode on high tension and I can feel it in my thighs.

Extra possible incentive: My dad might be down and watch me run, which would definitely make me push myself harder. More than anything, though, I just want him to see me run, to see what I can do. It makes me proud and I know it would make him proud plus it's a beautiful area.

I'm a little bit anxious and excited. I'll also be really happy when it's over, too. I'm anticipating the relief.
  • LoveyChar
    o08mc1nvmqcq.png
  • LoveyChar
    vc8y22ytzvmq.jpeg
  • desertfoxcoffee
    desertfoxcoffee Posts: 46 Member
    So excited for you! Good luck!
  • LoveyChar
    So excited for you! Good luck!

Thank you!!!
  • LoveyChar
    b7jmmrjxe66d.jpg
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,636 Member
    Excellent! I am cheering you on.
  • LoveyChar
    lkpducky wrote: »
    Excellent! I am cheering you on.

Thank you...!!!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2021
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    It rained, not an excuse to not run. I waited until it cleared, though, and ran 2 miles after riding the stationary bike for 70 minutes. I rode on high tension and I can feel it in my thighs.

Extra possible incentive: My dad might be down and watch me run, which would definitely make me push myself harder. More than anything, though, I just want him to see me run, to see what I can do. It makes me proud and I know it would make him proud plus it's a beautiful area.

I'm a little bit anxious and excited. I'll also be really happy when it's over, too. I'm anticipating the relief.

First of all you are doing great! That’s awesome you are so motivated to get to your goal, I’m totally rooting for you! :) Second, I remember when I started running in the rain… a bit scary at first then exhilarating, I love running in the rain! We don’t get much rain where I live though so it’s a rare treat. And lastly, I understand what you mean about wanting your dad to see you run. I’ve always wanted my dad to see me run but things just never lined up for it and sadly he passed before we could set it up :/ He knew I had become a runner but never actually got to see me in action and I know he would have been proud. I really really hope your dad gets to see you run LoveyChar! <3
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar wrote: »

First of all you are doing great! That’s awesome you are so motivated to get to your goal, I’m totally rooting for you! :) Second, I remember when I started running in the rain… a bit scary at first then exhilarating, I love running in the rain! We don’t get much rain where I live though so it’s a rare treat. And lastly, I understand what you mean about wanting your dad to see you run. I’ve always wanted my dad to see me run but things just never lined up for it and sadly he passed before we could set it up :/ He knew I had become a runner but never actually got to see me in action and I know he would have been proud. I really really hope your dad gets to see you run LoveyChar! <3

Thank you, this means alot to me! I am inspired by you the barefoot, long distance runner... I'm sorry your dad didn't get to see you run. I know he's with you, though...
  • LoveyChar
    I've changed the way I think about hills, as I no longer dread them. I now run up all hills. The challenge is great but it's better for your body, if you feel the need to walk, to run up the hill and walk down it because gravity on your body is harder running down the hill. Run it all if you can, if you want to, but what's easier in terms of getting a "break" is worse for your body if you walk up, run down as opposed to run up, walk down. Someone in this community taught me that many moons ago, thank you!

In my ten mile run this morning I ran up 2 hills × 3 and they're not massive, steep hills but I run a steady incline for approximately a quarter of a mile each hill. Pushing up the hills have definitely helped to strengthen my thighs.

This is the prettiest view I see on my run, on one of the hills. Picture doesn't do the field of flowers justice.

ro55gko4mgqj.jpg

• LoveyChar
    . “I run because long after my footprints fade away, maybe I will have inspired a few to reject the easy path, hit the trails, put one foot in front of the other, and come to the same conclusion I did: I run because it always takes me where I want to go.” – Dean Karnazes
  • LoveyChar
    swuznfxut1r1.jpg
    i4nf3bbia187.jpeg
  • LoveyChar
    4 weeks, 5 days
  • LoveyChar
    "Running is a form of practiced stoicism. It means teaching your brain and body to be biochemically comfortable in a state of disrepair.”
    ― Matthew Inman, The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances
  • LoveyChar
    97adevft75ue.png
  • LoveyChar
    Austin Marathon, February 2020

f7fb57g5jmn3.jpg
  • LoveyChar
    cv9zya7phhzh.jpg
  • LoveyChar
    5y0a3ixfztda.jpeg
  • LoveyChar
    I've been pulling weeds in the backyard and cleaning the house all morning. I have a load of laundry to hang before I get little man down for a nap and then I'm going to push to get 8 miles in. I'm already exhausted... Good thing about today versus yesterday, it's still hot but 14 degrees less than yesterday plus there's an overcast and nice breeze. I'll be happy when this is over...