Weight No More - May 2021 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
edited May 2021 in Social Groups
p7k5myvj61ft.png

Here is your Team chat room for May 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28 and @JoDavo66
Weight No More - @goingape
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member
    ha110w33nsp00k
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 202 (if this is High Weight)
    CW (Current Weight): 173.2
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    Welcome, @kaj848 !
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Welcome @kaj848

Hi group:

I’m Rachel. I joined in January (4mos. ago) when I weighed 198 pounds. I’ve lost 40 pounds and I have dropped 6 pant sizes since then. My goal is to get to an ideal weight for my height of 5’5’’ probably 130 pounds. This will be the third time in my life losing a lot of weight. I will maintain my loss this time around!!!!!

I’m a high school teacher with two teenagers and a husband. Work has been rough. I’m ready for summer break.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    lgd2rlof48rt.png

Your MAY HABIT TRACKER is up and ready for you to fill out and start tracking the habits that will help you get closer to your goals! :)
  • jugar
    ha110w33nsp00k
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 202 (if this is High Weight)
    CW (Current Weight): 173.2

Greetings! I did not see you in the sign up thread - so I am assuming you are new and found your way to this team! Or did you used to have a different user name and were already here? I'll put you in the spreadsheet, but please confirm with your team here on this thread. Thanks!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm Patsy and have been with this team for 2+ years. My highest weight was 179 about four years ago. I decided that was way too high for my 5'2" body although I was not really feeling fat, just didn't like wearing larger clothes. I got down to 158 last year and just a week before the Covid shutdown was diagnosed with liver cancer!! The doctors want me to maintain my weight so I have managed to stay within 5 pounds (up and down). I would really like to get down to about 145 eventually.

I have done really well through the treatments, the 4 months of chemo increased my energy level and my appetite to match. When the scan showed no progress I was started on Keytruda at the end of July and the tumor shrunk more than 80% in 8 months. My appetite went down too. I am on the last week of a prednisone taper for joint pain which increased my appetite again, I hope it decreases when I'm done with that.

I was never fat as a kid, gained all the weight after 40 while working a desk job. I walked a lot but no other exercise and even though I paid attention to what I ate I thought it was all healthy food and shouldn't make me gain. HaHa. I drank WAY too much soda which fortunately did not have other effects on my health.

Welcome to the newcomers, you can get lots of advice from the members here.
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,855 Member
    @rachelrjh - I’m kind of your weight loss twin in terms of height, weight and goals. I just really got started in March, but losing really, really slowly. Will you share your general strategy for your amazing loss?

And welcome new teammates!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    axe68jqx0zf2.jpg
    kosql2woaw6c.png
    rys1zrgke4sn.png
    qrdex10v2twv.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    60lel4942iyk.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1vaci54lvw24.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Rachelrjh 2.47 %
    2nd @beautyofdreams 2.13%
    3rd @KristieJC 2.07%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @KristieJC 4.2 Lbs
    1st @ashleycarole86 4.2 Lbs
    2nd @rachelrjh 4.0 Lbs
    3rd @Beautyofdreams 3.2Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @eggfreak
    @DD265
    @caitlingfry
    @JoDavo66
    @davidji82
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @janek1705
    @Mrscanmore
    @Firefly743

ebvn51g0grlf.png

• jugar
    1009z59yjjf5.png
    The MAY WEEK 1 Challenge is up! This is always our week for commitment and reflection - try to post there every day if it helps you! Or post them here if you would rather:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10831916/may-week-1-challenge-daily-commitment-and-reflection#latest
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    BUMPBREAKCAR

Weigh In Day: Sunday’s
    PW (Previous Weight): 136.4
    CW (Current Weight): 133.4

It’s such a nice day today!! Plan to get some steps in!!
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    In the past at the first of every month I would reflect on the previous month's weight loss or gain, I would look at what I did wrong and berate myself for screwing up another month. My approach has been *kitten* backwards. I looked back at April and learned a few things about myself. Yesterday I realized I have a bad habit of saying yes to food I don't need or want. It's so common I don't even think before I respond. I do however, hang on to the resentment (stress). My husband needs something, I stop what I'm doing so he doesn't have to wait. Here comes my old friend resentment (stress). I have the power to change that and me. Yesterday I told people no thank you several times and I felt much better. And surprise - no stress, no mindless eating and no after dinner snacking. These aren't the only issues I need to flip but I'll tackle them one at a time to create new and healthier habits. I know I can do this and I will.
  • Calli1616
    rachelrjh wrote: »
    Hi Melissa,
    Calli1616 wrote: »
    @rachelrjh - Will you share your general strategy for your amazing loss?

I’m happy to share! Thanks for getting me to think about the huge changes in diet and lifestyle that I’ve made since January. I’ve studied how to lose weight by reading fitness articles on the Internet over the years. When I make the effort to implement them, they work!

My weight loss habits in order from most important to least important

1. Tracking calories. I usually eat an average of 1800 calories and burn an average of 2400 daily.
    2. Limiting carbs to 150 or less. Under 100 is a good day. Over 150 but under 200 is a bad day.
    3. Intermittent fasting anywhere from 13 hours to 16 hours on a good day.
    4. Exercising. I joined a gym and bought a Fitbit to track Zone Minutes. I strive for 60 zone minutes a day , five days a week.

Here is a list of my biggest dietary changes since I started dieting:

I quit eating white bread, white sugar, cereal, and sweets.
    I keep a stash of Lindt 78% or 85% dark chocolate on hand. I eat 1 to 3 servings whenever my sugar cravings are unbearable. Usually this happens for two weeks toward the end of my Tom cycle.
    I switched butter and vegetable oils with refined coconut oil.
    I bought a popcorn maker and eat popcorn when I’m craving salty junk food.
    I keep serving size bags of nuts on hand, as well as avocados and hard boiled eggs in the fridge at all times.
    I eat a large container of spinach a week either as a salad with feta cheese, bacon bits, sunflower seeds, and Panera vinaigrette or I blend the spinach in a smoothie that I make with bananas and cream premier protein and OJ.
    I keep Greek vanilla yogurt and frozen berries on hand.
    I watch my meat portions.
    I buy gluten free pancakes and muesli for breakfast items. When I want something a little more filling for breakfast these are my go to foods.
    If I go off track and eat unhealthy foods, I track the calories and try to stay under my daily limit. I strive to remember to eat in moderation.

I hope this helps!

Thank you! Hugely helpful! One more question - what do you eat on your popcorn? :D I love popcorn as a snack, but it needs something sprayed on it to make the salt stick. Having also given up butter for the most part, I'm struggling with finding the perfect thing to add to popcorn! Complete 1st world problem I know - but still!
  • Calli1616
    pizzafruit wrote: »
    In the past at the first of every month I would reflect on the previous month's weight loss or gain, I would look at what I did wrong and berate myself for screwing up another month. My approach has been *kitten* backwards. I looked back at April and learned a few things about myself. Yesterday I realized I have a bad habit of saying yes to food I don't need or want. It's so common I don't even think before I respond. I do however, hang on to the resentment (stress). My husband needs something, I stop what I'm doing so he doesn't have to wait. Here comes my old friend resentment (stress). I have the power to change that and me. Yesterday I told people no thank you several times and I felt much better. And surprise - no stress, no mindless eating and no after dinner snacking. These aren't the only issues I need to flip but I'll tackle them one at a time to create new and healthier habits. I know I can do this and I will.

How fantastic to have that moment of realization though - and reducing your stress through that. Nice!
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member
    jugar : I'm not able to reply to specific messages in this thread. Please, advise. Also, I'm new here. It sounds like I didn't register correctly, either. jugar : I tried to send you a PM regarding signing up on 4-29-21. I know MFP is weird about notifications, so, maybe, you didn't see that. Let me know. Thanks!
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    @Calli1616
    Hi Melissa,

I use refined coconut oil to pop the popcorn and then I heat Orville Redenbacher popping and topping oil in the microwave. I’m able to make three teaspoons of that stuff go a long way when it’s heated.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    4vdowa29voa2.png
This discussion has been closed.