Price increase

Been a while since I’ve been on mfp when did the price increase for premium? Is it really worth 20$ a month?

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    I don't think the extra features are worth $20. I don't think it's even worth $10.
  • SCCunningham2016
    SCCunningham2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Loved the app for ever, most likely won’t pay for the new subscription at almost twice the price.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I don't think anyone else can answer that for you. When you look at the features, do they seem like they'd be worth that to you?

I know it wouldn't be for me, but that's not really relevant to you.
  • Velvetpixels
    Velvetpixels Posts: 51 Member
    What is the difference between regular and premium?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    What is the difference between regular and premium?

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/premium
  • Shy_Yogi
    Shy_Yogi Posts: 101 Member
    I probably will never pay for it but you could always try it for a month and see if it's good for you.
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 207 Member
    I tried premium for a few months and recently cancelled. Not worth paying for, in my opinion.
  • Jenpec98
    Jenpec98 Posts: 49 Member
    I'm trying it for a month and then I will make a decision.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Jenpec98 wrote: »
    I'm trying it for a month and then I will make a decision.

If going to cancel premium at the end of your trial make sure you unsubscribe/cancel before the payment date.
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    I did the Month Free Trial and decided it wasn't worth it for me
  • teamhugcpt
    teamhugcpt Posts: 24 Member
    I signed up for a pro subscription to get rid of the ads. I also use these features a lot:
    - Quick add
    - Macros by gram vs %
    - Different goals per day

BUT:
    - I'm still grandfathered in at $50/yr. I don't know what the current yearly rate is, but I wouldn't pay $20/month.
    - These are just conveniences. Everything but the ads can be accomplished in the free version with some work-arounds.
  • CDeayton
    CDeayton Posts: 1 Member
    Just shocked that premium renewal just jumped from $55.00/year to $114.95/year - that's scandalous for an annual increase!! The extra features were OKish at $55.00/year but not worth $114.95/year - thanks, but no thanks! Does not put MyFitnessPal in a very good light with such a massive cash grab!
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,578 Member
    CDeayton wrote: »
    Just shocked that premium renewal just jumped from $55.00/year to $114.95/year - that's scandalous for an annual increase!! The extra features were OKish at $55.00/year but not worth $114.95/year - thanks, but no thanks! Does not put MyFitnessPal in a very good light with such a massive cash grab!

Agreed, but if people wouldn't pay it, mfp wouldn't charge it. Vote with your dollars and don't do premium. I don't, and a number of other people don't. But there's enough that still do to make it worth it to MFP to charge that amount.