dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,514 Member
    @MissMay
    Photos of y'all in hats please!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    My May Goals:
    16-20 AF days per month.
    Saturday to Wednesday nights AF.
    Allowing myself a few drinks Thursday and Friday nights.

My daily check in:
    Saturday May 01 - AF - Working a split tomorrow at the restaurant.
    Sunday May 02 - AF - Planning on AF until Thursday

Rolling total: 2AF out of 2 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @MissMay
    Love love love the hat!!
    Thank you for that : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @globalhiker
    The restaurant has been open for 10 years and I have eaten there many many times. I had already tried all of the beef and chicken dishes - I don't eat fish or lamb.
    I think that I mentioned that I had the Bhindi Masala last Thursday - There are so many of the vegetarian dishes that I had not tried yet. Bhindi Masala is Okra.
    All dishes are Gluten free (except for Naan and Samosas of course). The batter for the pakora is chick pea flour.
    Next on my list (I don't plan to eat the food more than once every week or once every 2 weeks because I am watching my girlish figure lol) will be the Aloo Gobi, Cauliflower.

They make the green chutney in large batches, one of the girls said that she thinks that they use yoghurt as the base. I don't know what the recipe is except for what Google tells me, which is that there are a gazillion ways to make it. I picked 3:
    1. Cilantro, Green Chillies, Ginger, Lime, Cumin, Chaat Masala, Honey
    2. Mint, Cilantro, Green Chillies, Garlic, Ginger, Cumin, Sugar
    3. Shredded Coconut, Cilantro, Jalapeno, Mint, Lemon
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited May 2021
    As the weather gets nicer and we are able to resume outdoor activities and our lives become a bit busier all the MFP threads tend to be a little quieter.
    BUT don't worry we are always here. If you have a question or need some guidance there willl always be a person to respond back to you.

Thanks for the hat thumbs ups. I make my own derby hat every year. Since my new thing this Winter was painting, I decided to make a painted hat overlay and put it onto an old bonnet. First time trying this and I see much room for improvement on construction. @Lilylady3k, no that turquoise is the sleeve of my husband sweater. I wore a light peach jacket to compliment the colors in the hat.

Last night we decided to go away for the weekend now thst we are both totaly vaccinated. In August we went away too and that was also a DRY month for me. This weekend it will not be a huge party where we are around big time drinkers like in August. I am confident I will remain AF even with this get away thrown in unexpectedly.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    @MissMay - I love that you painted the overlay for your hat ... even more creative!