Beginning the journey

Options
Wen2lose
Wen2lose Posts: 8 Member
Hello! It's been discouraging almost 60 days in and only losing 4.2 lbs. That doesn't mean I give up though! I feel better, can tie my shoes without holding my breath and have more energy! That's a good thing! They have me on 1600 calories a day and I follow it faithfully. I'm going to try less calories, around 1300. I get pretty close to the macro recommendations. Am very active! Swim three times a week lap swimming for a half hour that equals 1/2 mile. And!! I walk each day at least for a half hour. My belly fat is going down and feel generally much better. So that's a plus! How can I improve to lose a little quicker? Suggestions? Wen👍😁

Replies

• 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Good for you for not giving up. I know it is hard when the weight is coming off slowly, but it is coming off. I believe you are losing about 1/2 lb a week. That is roughly what I am doing, I have lost 35 pounds since March 2020. I feel better, I look better. I still have 18 to go and it will take as long as it takes. For me I know it is important to keep the changes sustainable or I will gain back my weight- been there, done that. It is frustrating when the weight loss is slow, but you will get there, a year from now you will be amazed at the difference. Good luck!
  • snaxandpop
    snaxandpop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Weight lose may be slow but all the other benefits you mentioned are amazing. I am starting again and can't wait to begin feeling the fruits of my labor.
  • Wen2lose
    Options
    Thank u for your comments!! Hoping soon to get to 10 lbs. Loss😀👌💕
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Current weight? Are you weighing everything that goes in your mouth? Even prepackaged foods? If you’re not, get a scale and get a handle on your weighing skills before you consider reducing calories.

It’s so easy to be eating more than you think. I’m sure someone will be along with the meme showing that a tablespoon of peanut butter is actually 1.5-2 servings the way most of us optimistically scoop it out without weighing. Mistakes like that can sabotage us, which is why careful weighing is so important.
  • Wen2lose
    Options
    I am 5 foot 7 3/4 ..weighed 197 to start and yes I'm recording everything too. You can check out my diary.