May 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,884 Member
    Nice job on the runs and hikes @katharmonic ! Beautiful pictures.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Re: memorial run. I was talking to my husband about it and he pointed out something which I think is important. It’s true that we lost all three people in August. However he pointed out this may not be total coincidence. August is brutal for runners in the Northern Hemisphere. In order NOT to have another tragic loss this year, it might be a better idea to have the memorial run in November, which is the month the previous memorial runs were held. @Avidkeo as a Kiwi you might not have thought about this!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,685 Member
    @Scott655 - Loved the tv show Dallas. My god-daughter (who is 20 years younger than me but has always had a mature soul) also was a big fan. We visited Southfork a few years back. We also hung out in Ft. Worth and saw the cattle take to the street there. Good times!
  • quilteryoyo
    @noblsheep I'm so glad to see you back. You can do it.

@rheddmobile Sorry you are having such a hard time coming back from your sickness. You're doing great getting out there in those conditions when you aren't feeling the best. I hope you get back to normal soon and that those tornadoes stay away.

@Scott6255 Thanks for the place to rest and the cooler temperatures (not that you really had anything to do with that. LOL). I loved the tv show Dallas. Who wasn't on pins and needles waiting to see who shot JR? Love the old west history and the cattle drives.

Glad to see you back @penguinmama87 !

Thanks @pfeiferlindsey ! You do miss a lot when you miss an entire day here. You're doing great with your running.

• quilteryoyo
    Hahaha @WhatMeRunning . And thanks for adding to my anxiety about mice! :anguished:
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    5/1 - 3.14
    5/2 - 3.34
    5/4 – 3.22

9.7 of 50 miles

Thanks @katharmonic and stunning photos

Thanks @noblsheep

@ContraryMaryMary interesting on the back

@rheddmobile your husband is a wise man

@Scott6255 Southfork!!! I watched Dallas religiously. I watch all the stupid Housewives shows and the housewives of Dallas were there on last week’s episode. I’ve only been to Dallas once and it was just to land there to head to West, TX.

@WhatMeRunning the downfall is the shuttle back to the parking lot stops you from touring for long. I thought oh we’ll leave one car in each place, but the lot will be closed in the morning so we can’t leave a car. I’ve been to a bunch of NASCAR tracks and at Dover we sit on our coolers and slide down the track. Daytona you can hardly walk up and if you take the tour they drive along the bottom of the track because the golf cart type tour thing can’t get up enough speed to hold it up on the track, but you can put your hand out and touch the track it’s so steep.

Races:
    November 14 – Battleship 12K