how much

I'm 5. 4 feet im 222.0 pounds how many calories in a day should I eat to loose weight

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    edited May 2021
    Have you set up your profile and goals on MFP? Start there and eat that amount of calories.

I recommend these helpful posts too:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • nadinebanda3048
    nadinebanda3048 Posts: 30 Member
    Yes calories are 1411 calories do I got 1300 or stay at the number to loose weight
  • Lietchi
    If you've entered a weight loss rate already in MFP, just aim for the number they give you, no need to go lower.
  • nadinebanda3048
    ok ill see how that goes I was eating lower 1290 I was loosing 2 pounds. I got to 218know 220 over ate weekend. It's hard sometimes I wanna give up
  • Lietchi
    Did you overeat on the weekend because you've been hungry during the week?
    It can be better to choose a slower weight loss rate and eat more, and then perhaps you won't overeat during the weekend because you won't feel as deprived.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Yes calories are 1411 calories do I got 1300 or stay at the number to loose weight

If you picked the option "lose 2lbs a week" then your estimated calories to maintain weight are 2411, for a day with no exercise.

If that's accurate (sounds entirely believable) then ANY NUMBER under 2411 will result in weight loss over time, the size of the deficit changes how fast you lose. But beware it also changes how hard you make things for yourself.

It looks like you only started in April but are already struggling, don't fall into the trap of making your weight loss so hard you doom yourself to failure.
  • nadinebanda3048
    Yes I'll take it slow i was doing it too fast couple weeks. I ate 1533 . Some how I lost 2 pounds in at 219 wat how seems like a lot of calories