NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @teresaw1020 Your 5 day challenge sounds interesting. How were the zoom meetings? Can you post the recipe for the brocolli curry casserole?

@trooworld I got 75%. So what kind of exercise do you enjoy?

@cbabie Yaaaay for your weight loss

@retiredandlovingit Happy Anniversary The scale inching downward is a good thing. So you are doing something right.

Red Day- Stayed OP
    No exercise
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @cbabie I bet you got exercise wiping down the outdoor furniture. You were probably more active than you think. ;) I did have fun and my back was better for most of the day, thanks!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, my back felt better yesterday until I got home lol. I will tell more about the special acquisition below, thanks for asking! the fajita bar sounds yummy. Isn't it nice that things are going back to normal???

@theslightedgeforever I got 75% too. I enjoy hiking. I tolerate walking and Leslie Sansone videos lol.

Hi all. So @TeresaW1020 asked about our special acquisition at work. It was a 2-volume set of a rare book: only 100 made and then the plates, type, everything used to make it was destroyed. The 2 volumes are huge: 50 lbs each and 25"x30" each, the spines are about 7" thick each. We won them at an auction. One set was sold at auction a few years ago and 2 people got in a bidding war and the winner ended up paying $444,000 for the set. We got it for a lot less than that. These books were never sold to the public, the 100 sets were given to family members and 8 were given to heads of state. The rest were given to public institutions. We think ours came from a public library as it was stamped with a library marker. The topic of the books is jade and they will appeal to jade researchers all over the world. We are going to digitize them so that researchers and the public don't have to come to our campus to see them, they can just visit our site to look at them for free.

About my day yesterday: it was as busy as Wednesday. We had students and staff coming to view the big books and so I was standing on my feet most of the day (yes, in comfy shoes :)) explaining the books. Then I was busy at my desk. I totally didn't even eat anything from the vending machines, which I was glad about. I lost 2.2 lbs this week, almost back down to where I was 2 weeks ago.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all, Not much going on here..I tracked and didn't purposely do exercise, but was cleaning out the garage. I got over 10K steps..so that was goodl.

@TeresaW1020 So glad you are getting back to normal. I could hear the "joy" in your typing. LOL

@trooworld Wow that is interesting about the acquisition!! I love stuff like that. Yea on the weight loss. Great job! Your days sounds like you REALLY enjoyed it.!! Always better when we enjoy what we do.

@theslightedgeforever Glad you stayed OP.. Hope your day today is good

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever The Zoom meeting has been good. What I’m learning the most is that it’s truly geared toward the person that is a true sugar/refined carb addict. And I believe those people exist and I believe that I have many of the traits to be one too. But I also believe that I can learn to moderate by having the right tools in place. For me, that is fasting and Keto. And knowing what my true trigger foods are. I mean I don’t know if Jiff peanut butter will ever be in my house again and I sure know Oreos will never be in the cabinets. :grin: Here is the recipe. Chicken Broccoli Curry It was really good but I also doctored mine up by adding a bag of frozen cauliflower. I also used chicken thighs that I cooked in my IP and then shredded. Oh, and I didn’t layer it. I just put it all into a big bowl, mixed it up, dumped it in my 9x13, and then topped it with more cheese. I don’t think I ever not tweak a recipe. :D

@trooworld That book acquisition that your company got sounds absolutely amazing!! You must feel very proud to be able to be the one to show them off to people and have the skills needed to explain such a rarity. Way to go!! And yay for losing 2.2 lbs. this week. We are starting a new month tomorrow so let’s get our plan in order and shed some weight!! B)

@cbabie Cleaning out a garage is exercise! I am feeling very joyful at the thought of things getting back to normal. :)

Hello everyone! Today, was a good day. I worked cleaning the church and getting stuff ready for the luncheon this Sunday. I fasted until almost 2 pm and then came home to finish off the chicken salad that I had made last night. Tomorrow, I’m meeting a friend up at the church and together we are going to clean out a bunch of stuff while we still have this super huge dumpster sitting on our grounds. Then we are going to lunch. Afterward, I’m coming home so DH and I can run to Sams for things I need for the church and the luncheon. Monday, I’m hoping to finally get my hair done, and then we are all going to get the 2nd shot. I’m really hoping it doesn’t affect any of us too badly, but I’m preparing to in case it does. :#
  • theslightedgeforever
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I did my personals and hit the link for Teresa's recipe and as soon as I did it, I knew what was going to happen. So shortened version.

@trooworld Yaaay on weight loss

@cbabie Yaaaay for tracking

@teresaw1020 Thanks for the recipe. Can't believe it's almost May.

Forgot to track yesterday
    15 min walk

• trooworld
    @cbabie Yeah that sounds like good exercise, cleaning out the garage. The big books are really interesting, they have original watercolors, woodcut prints, lithographs, and copper engravings in them. I forgot to mention that! I did enjoy it and I do enjoy my job. That does make it better! :)

@TeresaW1020 It is amazing, I forgot to mention the illustrations (see my comment to @cbabie above). I'm ready to shed some weight, let's have a great month! Sounds like a lot of work you did for the church. I'm sure it's going to be a great event. I'm getting my hair done today. ;)

@theslightedgeforever Bummer! Water: 100%.

Hi all. I switched WW plans yesterday, I was on the green plan but switched to the blue plan for a bit of a shakeup. My husband is also on the blue plan so it makes it a bit easier to know what the points will be for both of us. I've decided to shake things up further by starting to attend the in-person WW meetings. That's always been helpful in the past. After that, I'm going to get my hair done. I'll then come home for lunch and then leave again to meet a friend for some walking by a lake. I will get Instacart to deliver my groceries when I get back from the walk. It should be a busy, but fun day.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld WW blue is my favorite amongst the plans. Green would allow me to eat too many processed foods I’m afraid. I already am partly guilty of that. 75%

I went to a party last night but still managed to stay OP
    Rest Day
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever We'll see how I do on blue. I may end up switching back to green. I got 100%. Well done, staying on plan for a party! Is that the first party you've been to since COVID?

Hi all. I had quite the busy day yesterday. I started by going to a WW meeting, which was good. I got a few weight loss charms since I've lost weight since I joined. After that, I went and got my hair done. I went home and my husband wanted to go get a tea or coffee so we went, hoping I could get lunch at the same time because I only had an hour before I had to meet my friend at a lake to walk. The place we got our coffees from wasn't serving food right now so we had to scramble to find a place to eat. We chose Burger Lounge, which has salads and burgers. I found out once there I couldn't get a salad for some reason so I ended up getting a paleo burger instead: hamburger, avocado, bacon and some veggies wrapped in lettuce (no bun). I also got an order of fries. I was late getting to meet my friend but so was she so it worked out well. We walked around the lake about 4 times, talking and enjoying the nice weather. We even ran into some ducklings and other birds. Today, I am going to the farmer's market with a friend. I had wanted to eat something there but it is unlikely that I will considering I had the burger yesterday.

24kdtp3bm3by.png77k341g7avjm.jpg

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld that sounds like a good idea to switch plans so that you and your DH will be doing it together and can help keep each other accountable. For me when I did WW, I did much better when I attended the meetings. Do you think you will like your WW leader? That is important too! Sounds like you had a great weekend! :grin:

@theslightedgeforever You know better than to click a link! :D

Hey all! Today, was my church’s new member luncheon and it turned out really well. We had a chicken/steak Barberitos fajita bar, cookies, and iced tea. I had planned to have one cookie and I unplanned two more cookies. Plus, I ate two flour tortillas. So, not the best way to start out my month but I do have the rest of the week planned out and I intend to get my act together and hit it hard tomorrow by doing a longer fast and sticking to my macros. I also have a new Beachbody coach and she and this other coach run a really fun FB group that is very well done and will keep me focused on my goals. I haven’t yet mentioned on there that I’m Keto since most of them are doing their little colored containers. Maybe once they get to know and love me! :D
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld. Wow you were very active. Congratulations on the charms and the weight loss. See? Some good to covid. Lol. No not my first party. I still wear my mask though and drive some people nuts. Color coordinated to my outfit like my earrings 😜 But as I tell them you do you, I’ll do me. I take it off when I sit down to eat. We are getting back to normal though where I won’t feel I need to do this. I’m just not there anxiety wise

@TeresaW1020 yes I know better. I usually click open in a new tab. Brain fart. I love my colored containers. They help a lot with portion control. I made fajitas today.

Green Day- Stayed OP
    35 min walk
    10 min elliptical
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I'm not sure yet, I don't "dislike" her, but I'm not attached to her yet. Unfortunately, that's the only weekend meeting (on Saturdays with her), so I'm stuck with her even if I don't like her lol. I did have a great weekend! I'm glad the luncheon went well. That's good the FB group will help you focus on your goals. I'm sure they will love you, even if you don't do their little containers! ;)

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I was very active. Thanks! Yes, there are a few good things to come out of COVID. I color coordinate my masks with my outfit as well lol. I understand not being there yet. I'm slowly getting there.

Hi all. I had a really nice day yesterday. I was surprised to find that it was raining out but we still went to the farmers market (me and a good friend) and walked around. I got a couple of loaves of artisan bread (I only meant to get one but she thought I wanted 2 so she charged me for 2, so I just took it) and artisan 18 yr old balsamic vinegar. After the farmers market, my friend and I went to one of my favorite breakfast restaurants. There was a 30-minute wait in the rain so we were glad when our name was called. I didn't make a healthy choice as I should have but my breakfast was good. I didn't eat lunch. I went to the art supply store in the afternoon and got some art supplies and then did a litte art making. Dinner was on plan: shortcut moussaka. It was a really good day. Picture: rainy farmers market.

4qadq5we30ex.jpg
  • trooworld
    Hello all. I'm talking to myself this morning lol. Not much happening here, I am working from home today. @theslightedgeforever, I got 100% for water.

• TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever I do like the containers for measuring and portion control. I just don't want to base my entire diet on them. ;)

@trooworld Sorry that you got stuck talking to yourself. I'm here now! :grin:

Good morning! So, we got the second shot yesterday. This morning I have a very sore arm, a slight headache, and I'm feeling a little fatigued. Mom and DH are about the same. We plan to lay low today and rest. I also got my hair done yesterday and instead of staying red we switched it up and my hair is now brown! :o I love it and happy that I did it. :smile:
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 lol...no worries! I'm glad you didn't experience more severe side effects. I bet brown hair looks good on you, my hair is sort of brown/dark wine color.

Hi all. @theslightedgeforever, I got 100% yesterday. Not much going on. I had a good eating day yesterday and didn't get into any snacks or anything I didn't want to eat.

• cbabie
    Afternoon all, Sorry I have been MIA...Just some health issues that came up and I was did not have access to my computer. I lost 1.7 lbs this week on WI day. I plan to be more cognitive what is going on with my body. I bought a sense Fitbit. Today is the first day of wearing it. I will see if it was worth the money. My Blaze was on its last leg, but I wanted to wait until it was dead.LOL

@trooworld love the pictures, thanks for sharing. So glad you can walk to the market. How fun.

@TeresaW1020 I bet you look different as a brunette, but still stunning! I am so glad your event turned out well!!

@theslightedgeforever you guys are all making me want fajitas...Maybe I will make that tomorrow!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm sorry about the health issues, I hope you are okay now. Congrats on the loss! WTG! And congrats on the Sense. I bought one several months ago and really like it. ;)

Hello all. I'm not feeling so well, I'm not sure if I will take the day off or not. I clocked out of work yesterday at 11 because I didn't feel well. Slept most of the rest of the day. I did decide to get out and get some fresh air at 4:30, I put a WW meeting on Zoom and went for a walk while attending the meeting. It was nice but it didn't help me feeling sick. I weighed in this morning (I weigh daily) and it was a really low number, the lowest for a long, long time. I hope it's this low tomorrow!

• TeresaW1020
    @cbabie I had been missing you! I hope you will feel better soon! <3 Hopefully the new Fitbit will be worth the money and you get a lot of good use out of it.

@Trooworld I hope you start to feel better soon! That is awesome that the scale shows low number for you. I know how motivating that is! :grin:

Hi everyone! Today I did my first PSMF (protein sparing modified fast). I’m going to do 2 or 3 days a week where I will do my best to hit the calories and macros that I got from this calculator on a Keto website. It has my calories 802 with 40 grams of fat, 10 grams of carbs, and 100 grams of protein. It’s supposed to help me drop weight and still preserve my muscle. I figure it doesn’t hurt to give it a try for the rest of this month. The rest of the days I will stay strict Keto except for tomorrow where we are taking mom out for an early Mother’s Day steak dinner and I’m totally getting a sweet potato. :grin: Oh and DH's b-day is on the 19th and we might go out for that.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Woohoo on your low number. The farmers market looks good. What is shortcut moussakka. I love regular kind. I like my hair when it's eggplant color but the gray comes in too quick. Corona made it look too bad. Yaaay on your 100%. I got 75%. Sounds like you had a really good day.

@teresaw1020 Never heard of that PSMF. I'd have a hard time getting 100 gms of protein. But I guess that's why there are different plans out there as we are all different. Show us a new pic of the brown hair. I'm trying to go lighter so the gray won't show as bad. I'm glad second shot didn't make you too sick.

@cbabie Yaaay on your weight loss. Let me know about the sense. My Blaze is having a hard time staying charged. What's the difference between Sense and Blaze?

Red Day-Went Over
    Movement: 10 min walk 10 min elliptical 5 min PT exercises

• trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I'm feeling a bit better today, thanks. It IS motivating to see that scale dip lower and lower! ;) I hope the PSMF helps you. That sounds like a nice plan for Mother's Day.

@theslightedgeforever The farmers market was...lots of good produce and products and food stands. Shortcut Moussaka is supposed to be less fussy, you just cube the eggplant and roast it and mash the potatoes and layer it with the meat and spices: https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1855424 Yeah the gray comes back fairly quickly on me (I have to go every 8 weeks) but I use this brown colored powder on my roots in between and it disguises them sort of. I got 125% yesterday. I've had two good days in a row! :D

Hi all. Yesterday, I decided to ride the spin bike and attend a WW virtual meeting. I think this is going to be a regular thing for me, to either ride the bike or walk while attending a meeting. I weighed in officially this morning and I lost...........5 lbs! I can't believe it, I'm over the moon! Switching to the blue plan helped some but it was also my efforts to not eat snacks besides fruit, exercise some, and just be mindful of my eating in general. I'm only 15.6 lbs away from Onederland!

et4o0574fgcr.png
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, I tracked my food yesterday. Still didn't do any exercise. I am trying to watch what I eat and how my body reacts..LOL.

@trooworld Yea on the loss. Change is good, now you and DH are doing the same thing. It has to be easier. LOL

@TeresaW1020 That's a LOT of protein. I guess if I had 4 protein shakes.LOL. I am still learning the fitbit...I may not use all the features..we will see.

@theslightedgeforever You have the versa 2, I think you will like the Versa 3...

Thanks for all the well wishes...

Cbabie