What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    edited May 2021
    My morning started with me getting entangled in my duvet and falling out of the bed - in slow motion but still bending my big toe. This is totally unrelated to today’s workouts. I just thought I'd mention it :D
    Anyway, got up, started planning a walk that looked interesting. After plotting it in Google map I saw it was a 20km hike. Nah, lets not do that today! Decided to stay in. Found another trip option and thought I'd prepare it for some other time. Hmm.. just 10km walk, and not too far from my place... and so suddenly I was packing my bag and went out.
    Started walking, walked, walked some more, ended up with an unexpected 2km detour due to a path closure, and then realized something was wrong. Ended the hike at 18km where I wanted to end it. Hmm.. that was a bit further than I'd planned for an ultra-lazy day to be honest.
    Also did some very mild stretching in the evening
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    alexmose2 wrote: »
    today was a prescribed rest day but i felt good so i did legs!!

And a 25 min bike ride!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I did an hour of yoga.

I then went climbing. I was terrible for the first 45 minutes. I was falling off v2s.

Then I accidentally sent a v4, which had been a minor project. I got a few more v4s, and it turned into a not bad session. I lasted 2 hours, and then needed to leave as Sunday train service is terrible.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Sunday Funday consisted of a long run followed by pool laps. 1:35:00 trail run, about 8ish miles this morning. Weather was perfect and really enjoyed running through woods along a local river. I was fairly fatigued towards the end. Took a two hour recovery before a 75 minute pool swim. Mix of speed and endurance work and I struggled. Ended up using a pull buoy for the last few laps, since I was out of gas and my form had degraded.

Todays fatigue was no big surprise since we've ramped up training volume. We track both fitness and fatigue in Training Peaks. Friday and Saturday were somewhat high intensity bike efforts, so the idea was to see how well I could run on tired legs. The swim fatigue was just a bonus. ;)

Optional ez spin on the bike tomorrow, or a rest day if needed. I'll start with yoga in the am and then decide.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Superset dumbbell lunges and RDLs
    Dumbbell chest press
    One arm dumbbell rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press
  • iPaint82
    iPaint82 Posts: 52 Member
    Mountain biking for 20km and halfway in, digging dirt and moving rocks to do some trail building with the trail crew.
  • LtHammerhead
    LtHammerhead Posts: 33 Member
    75k cycling. Yesterday was 100k, and I am feeling it all now!
  • bbandme
    bbandme Posts: 90 Member
    10 mile walk along the beach at sunrise :)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Yoga then...

Handstand Wall Holds - 30-30-30-25-25s (2m20s)
    Hollow Body Holds - 30-30-30-25-25s (2m20s)
    Pull-ups - 7-7-7-6-6r (33r)
    Ring Dips - 7-7-7-6-6r (33r)
    Jumprope - 5x60s (5m)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Did a 30 minute superset lift (9 sets) and then 4 X 3 minute/20 second rows. With 3:30 breaks between rows, worked out to nearly an hour.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Being on my feet all day. cycling to work and back, and another quick trip to home and back during lunchbreak. Doesn't count for much as one trip is 2.2km :D But hey, I wasn't sedentary.
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    I did most of the 2 mile workout with Leslie Sansonne on Youtube. Meeting with a friend tomorrow to go walking at a park. Excited :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    It's been an irregular few days, sort of.

Saturday, I just took a walk in a park (more like an amble, 3.1mph, 3.68mi, kinda hilly), did none of my other typical stuff. Sunday was standard rest day, did the usual half hour of yoga - stretch - foam roll, and that's all.

Back to normal today:
    * 35' yoga - stretch - foam roll
    * 5.14mi walk, 3.7mph avg
    * 31' strength stuff, the usual mostly upper body light dumbbell supersets
    * 33' stationary bike, 11,104 imaginary meters including CD, mostly under about 70% HR reserve
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited May 2021
    30 minute rowing machine (a bit over 6K meters), then 25 minutes on the LateralX. All pretty easy stuff. Vinyasa Rooftop Yoga tonight. I changed my "hard" days around this week -- was doing it on Tuesday, but two weeks ago (last week yoga was rained out), doing yoga after my hard day of lifting/rowing was a disaster. Should be much more enjoyable this evening.

Not that I didn't know it before, but yoga is no joke, and this is a fairly advanced class -- although I just do what I can.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    (almost) 1 mile run (in 1/2 mile increments), 1.5 mile walk. Getting there.
  • Djproulx
    Needed the rest day yesterday.

Another significant build this week, starting off with a bike/run brick today.
    Bike: 1:12:00 on the trainer. 15 minutes of warm up outputs and single leg drills, then 4 rounds of sweet spot power outputs at increasing cadences. Four 8 minute rounds of (4min@ 195W@85-95rpm/3min@188W@95-105rpm 1min@ 178W@ 105-115rpm) with 4 minute recovery power between rounds.

2 minute transition to run gear, then EZ 15 minute run @ 10:00pace.

Lap swim tomorrow morning.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    * About 30' yoga - stretch - foam roll.
    * 5284m machine row, 2:31.4 avg pace, 20spm avg, HR mostly below 70% reserve, only maybe about 41" above it.
    * 39' core exercises.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Yoga then...

Handstand Wall Holds - 30-30-30-30-25s (2m25s)
    Hollow Body Holds - 30-30-30-30-25s (2m25s)
    Pull-ups - 7-7-7-7-6r (34r)
    Ring Dips - 7-7-7-7-6r (34r)
    Mountain Climbers - 5x30s (2m30s)
    Vacuums
    6x20s (2m)
  • Djproulx
    Swim/run day today. Adding short runs on most bike and swim days to boost mileage.

Swim: 2000 yds, this morning. Warm up, drills, then some 150's descending.
    Run: Easy 35 minute shakeout jog on my local trail.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Dumbbell RDLs
    Stability ball leg curls
    Dumbbell chest press
    One arm dumbbell rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press