😵‍💫 Where do I begin...

Options
Stargaze80
Stargaze80 Posts: 8 Member
Just got kicked out of Krispy Kreme for moaning ..

I have some hunger management issues and I've come to realize that these issues stem from a place of self sabotage. I'm a far cry from a social butterfly.. At times I can be introverted, introspective. I live inside my head and tend to over think most things. Poor impulse control when chocolate is around.. chocolate anything that isn't bugs or raisins. Anyway, due to some unfortunate people here I felt a bit discouraged and left.. but I'm back and going to try this again.

Some of the physical issues I have are hypertension and hypothyroidism and I've gone from being a bed ridden agoraphobic with PTSD to someone that rarely likes to be home now, dropping 33 lbs because of it but I'm no where near done. I miss having definition, and looking in the mirror to see small remnants of how athletic I used to be makes me scream "ACCCK! WTF HAPPENED TO YOU?" 😳

So, I'm seeking to reinvent myself both body and mind. I want to connect with people who go through similar struggles and because of the occasional pitfalls still help encourage others to keep moving forward as well as celebrate the little victories. I love to eat and I think that's the first time I've ever admitted that, but I love exercising too and seeing the results of hard work. I type this of course after making myself dessert pancakes... lol .. it is what it is. Feel free to add me if you feel so inclined! Thanks for reading.. again.. promise I won't leave this time.

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    Omg....the first sentence. I think I have a problem too because that doesn’t sound like a bad way to get kicked out of a donut shop. Welcome back, good luck on your journey!
  • lyonette26
    lyonette26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also have an addiction to chocolate I also lost approx 45 pounds and gained most back. It seems more difficult this time - I don't know why. It seems I am so hungry all the time & I keep within my goal calorie intake but not losing much - only 3 pounds in three weekss Getting discouraged - I want to be ready for this but for some reason I can't seem to program myself to keep going. Another problem - once I cheat, it's all over. I know I'm not failing if I keep trying but geeezzz - how to quit eating all this junk food???? Help!!! My class motto was "the difficult we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer!" I'm feeling that it is impossible right now.
  • johnisrunning
    johnisrunning Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I hear you on impulse control ... I'll buy a snack meant to last the whole week and eat the whole thing in one sitting, especially, like, chocolate covered almonds or something...

Best of luck to you! :)