Hungry on busy days

I work part time, so I use a higher calorie allocation on those days. I eat a good breakfast and try to eat fruit and cheese or peanut butter or a protein bar at my mid-morning break. But I am starving by lunchtime! By the time I get home, I am at a level 10 out of 10. Then I eat a good lunch, but I will still feel hungry the rest of the day. Any advice?

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    What do you consider "a good breakfast" and/or "a good lunch"?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,893 Member

My thoughts exactly. But rather than a written description, I would prefer you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

This is more useful than a description of one or two meals on one or two days. I'd like to see exact counts of X, Y, and Z over multiple days and it is so much more efficient to just look at someone's diary than going back and forth with a Q&A.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    What the others wrote. Also: What does busy mean for you and how many calories are you eating? Maybe you're undereating, which can be easily fixed by eating more.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator

This. But I also want to add, dont be afraid to step outside the box on is "normal" and do what works for you. It sounds like you may work really early hourse, and if that is the case you may need to eat according to when you are the most active. Who says you cant eat a sandwhich for breakfast if it keeps you happy and fits in your goals. You may have to do some experiementing, think about what meals give you the most "bang" (satiety/keep you full) for your "buck" (calories) and incorporate them as much as you can.

I have eaten a PB&J for breakfast and cereal for dessert before, its different but if it works it works.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 873 Member
    I have a full-time job where it's hard for me to find time to have lunch (it's gonna be a goal of mine next school year)....but I got a weight gainer shake/protein powder thing (it's called True Mass from BSN). It tastes good....and a full 'serving' of it is 700 calories. I sometimes only use one or two scoops but on a day I know I won't have time to have lunch I will have a 3 scoop shake to get the calories in. It's supposed to be used to gain muscle mass when lifting...but I am a runner and I found that I was losing weight unintentionally due to not eating enough cals from food throughout the days when I'm busy.

**I don't drink this every day...just when I"m in a pinch and know I won't be able to eat enough. I also want to make a goal to be better at food prep so I don't have to do this.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    I'm similar, I'm super hungry up until lunchtime, so I eat my big meals early in the day and have a fairly light dinner. Sometimes I've eaten enough early on that I barely even want dinner.
  • clayfield0813
    clayfield0813 Posts: 32 Member
    All depends what time your eating breakfast- if I eat any earlier than 8:00 or so, I am starving by lunch. I eat around 9:00 and that seems to hold me over. Eggs are a great choice and they sustain until lunch