What book are you reading?

Replies

• Severen725
    Severen725 Posts: 84 Member
    Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye: The Barbara Payton Story by John O’Dowd, the true story of the most epic Hollywood crash and burn you’ve never heard of.

The nutshell version:
    In 1950 Barbara Payton was a rising starlet making $10,000 a week and costarring with the likes of James Cagney, Gregory Peck, and Gary Cooper.
    In 1967 Barbara Payton died at the age of 39 as a bloated, battered, alcoholic $5.00 prostitute who was missing several front teeth.

• SkoolGirl87
    SkoolGirl87 Posts: 41 Member
    Daring Faith

Author: Rick Warren
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    Finishing up Gilead by M. Robinson and about to start Caste by I. Wilkerson
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    tuddy315 wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Finishing up a chick mystery which will be quickly forgotten. Next book though is The Book Collectors, hope it holds my interest. I seem to have hit a lull.

Have you read any Richard Paul Evans books? I enjoyed The Walk series very much.

I have but it's been awhile so can't remember if I've read the whole Walk series or not. I do remember enjoying them though. )
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
  • ReenieHJ
    I just started The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. True story and so far pretty good.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    419unkaII8L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

What a burning hell this was & it really wasn't all that long ago.
    We have it so easy now. Just 100 years ago, the world was being torn apart and these people endured.
    We now get our collective panties in a twist for the most mundane of issues.
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    The confession by John Grisham. Just started reading again after 2 years break.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Burial+Rites+American.jpg
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    The science of mind management by Mukundananda
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    Started If You Tell by G Olsen, based on a true story, horrible horrible mother/wife/human feces... coming up for parole next year.
  • OlySteve68
    OlySteve68 Posts: 413 Member
    I'm on book 10 of the Gabriel Allon series by Daniel Silva. His writing style and story lines are similar to what you'd find by Tom Clancy, Vince Flynn, David Baldacci, Mark Greaney, etc. I've already read nearly everything by the fore mentioned authors. After I finish this series I have some nonfiction waiting to be read....."Sapiens" by Yuval Noah Harari and "The Origin of Species" by Darwin. I like to take a break from the action thrillers every now and then and read about natural history.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,314 Member
    Zoe's Tale by John Scalzi. I will read anything by him...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    [ John Scalzi. I will read anything by him...

same here

• accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    Atomic Habits
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,314 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    [ John Scalzi. I will read anything by him...

same here

Loved Redshirts! And Fuzzy Nation (which I keep calling Furry Nation, which would be a much different book!).
  • ReenieHJ
    Next book up for me is Anxious People by Fredrik Backman. Has anyone read that book and what'd you think of it?
  • howdyitsdavid
    howdyitsdavid Posts: 11 Member
    "The Joke" - Milan Kundera. I think it's the last one of his I need to read.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Next book up for me is Anxious People by Fredrik Backman. Has anyone read that book and what'd you think of it?

I tried but just couldn't get into it!
  • qxana1969
    qxana1969 Posts: 9,330 Member
    The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls