New returning member in need of encouragement

kbird2018
kbird2018 Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2021 in Motivation and Support
Hi there,
I've gained 80 lbs over the years and now I've turned 50 and I need to lose all the excess weight. Feel free to add ne if you are in need of encouragement and are a person who can be encouraging in return. Love and light! 💋🙏

Replies

• southkonahi
    southkonahi Posts: 137 Member
    Well you've made a great first step by deciding to refresh your weight loss journey. Best of luck.
  • uclasteph
    uclasteph Posts: 13 Member
    You got this!! Welcome back!! 💪💕🙌🙌
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    Hi Well done for reaching out, I have lost 55lbs and still have a way to go! I have sent you a friend request, we can support one another.
  • IheartPGH
    IheartPGH Posts: 39 Member
    Mindset and discipline. It really is that simple. Good luck to you.
  • MaggieTor3
    MaggieTor3 Posts: 49 Member
    Hi kbird! Good for you for starting, and for asking and offering encouragement! I wish you the best of luck. I'm 70 now and it's hard to lose weight at that age, especially with the Covid restrictions that keep us from going out with friends to do things. I haven't given up yet though -- hope springs eternal! :)
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Welcome back! I just turned 50 too! You are on the right track. Log everything...join some community groups/challenges on MFP...and get moving... I have a long way to go... but I refuse to stop. ;D Best wishes! Hope we will both report successes often.