What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• southkonahi
    southkonahi Posts: 137 Member
    edited May 2021
    Well obviously my obsession today was Margaretta Pizza (IOW, diced tomato topped, cracker-thin dough). 900 calories total, and I ate ever bite by the end of the day. Calorie count I didn't go too far off the rails, since I otherwise just had salad and a protein drink.

I have no obsession today, because my scale was up a pound this morning. It is impossible to have gained a pound due to my 300 extra daily calories eaten yesterday. BUT, perhaps the pizza had more salt than I usually eat, so it's water weight. I'll know by tomorrow. Meanwhile, the scale reading has killed my appetite.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Recently been obsessed with (new to me) Chickpea Sandwich Fillings. Loving a Curried version just now - many of them are made with mayonnaise or tahini (total no-no for calories for me), but I’m finding ways to lighten them up significantly without sacrificing taste or texture. 😊

Planning to branch out into other types of beans - batch of Red Kidney Beans on the stove as I type. 😋
  • desertfoxcoffee
    desertfoxcoffee Posts: 46 Member
    Korean food in general.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Avocado finished with flaked sea salt

Agreed. Over the weekend I had a breakfast of that, mandarins, and cottage cheese, and it was lovely.
  • daltontf
    daltontf Posts: 63 Member
    Anything I can try in the air fryer I just bought.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    jalywe73l0o2.jpeg
    This on everything ! Steamed broccoli, wraps, chicken, salad, etc
  • AmyE26
    AmyE26 Posts: 43 Member
    Sushi, my 15 year old daughter loves it too and wants to go to a sushi restaurant for her birthday :)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Asparagus cut from the garden. I had no idea that eating it raw was delicious until I grew it myself. I'm up to my eyeballs in the stuff. And chard. SOOO much chard, lol.

Oh, and while you're talking about being obsessed... Red Vines. Stop. Buying. Red. Vines. :neutral:
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    AmyE26 wrote: »
    Sushi, my 15 year old daughter loves it too and wants to go to a sushi restaurant for her birthday :)

^and this

My high school senior LOVES sushi and during COVID, a new place opened up that is only 2 min away. Delicious, fresh sushi. When their dad has to go in for work, we plan our sushi lunch together :)
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Wheat thins with spray cheese :(:)
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    edited May 2021
    I confess that I’m addicted to Donair pizza with crispy jalapeños!😫🍕🤤 But it’s an hour drive to pick it up so phew!😅
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    edited May 2021
    Now that my garden is starting to produce, I’m getting really into putting a few herb leaves in my water with lime. I go out when the baby naps to check on the plants, and before I come in a grab a few mint or basil leaves, then bruise/tear them into my water cup with a slice of lime. It feels very summery and luxurious!
  • 03CiaoBella
    03CiaoBella Posts: 40 Member
    Artichokes! Picked up a bag at Costco and have been serving them with dinner. Made a dip to go with it. So good!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    dehydrated red onion and garlic... also, romaine lettuce
  • southkonahi
    southkonahi Posts: 137 Member
    "An apple a day". Because I bought a dozen apples at Costco and don't want them to go bad. Of course, also because apples are a healthy food choice.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Creamy. My homemade spicy mayo, cream cheese frosting, an extra drizzle of cream in my morning coffee, ice cream bars... What a terrible obsession :D
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    edited May 2021
    Creamy. My homemade spicy mayo, cream cheese frosting, an extra drizzle of cream in my morning coffee, ice cream bars... What a terrible obsession :D
    Try the Silk cashew almond milk. 25 cal per cup and great in coffee or tea. I bet it would make some killer ice cream bars in one of those molds, with puréed fruit.

I have been experimenting with the Crio Bru ground cacao brand someone suggested here. It’s taken me a few attempts to come up with something I like but brewing (I use an Aeropress) 2 tbsp of Bru in boiling water, with .5c cashew milk and a dash of sugar free chocolate mint syrup has hit my happy- very happy- spot.

32 calories for a huge mug.