Help with diet!!!

Hello all.. I need help. I am so frustrated with trying to lose weight. I’ve been struggling for a long time. I need to lose at least 20-30 pounds and I’ve been diagnosed with fatty liver (non alcohol related). The problem is that I’ve set a 1200k/day goal but since I don’t have a big appetite, I almost always fall short. I am faithful about logging my food and keeping track of the macros but when I click on “complete diet” for that day I almost always get the notice that I am not eating enough. I just can’t figure out how to get the right amount of carbs/protein/fat and still eat enough. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Replies

• MsAMG2013
    MsAMG2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Oh and to add... I even fill up on water
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,120 Member
    How are you tracking/measuring? Have you lost anything at all? What is your height, weight, goal weight, rate of loss that you have set MFP to? We need a lot more info than you've given to be able to help you. At 1200 calories, you should be dropping weight quickly if you are actually eating at the calorie level you say you are. If you aren't, you most likely are eating more than you think.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    How are you tracking/measuring? Have you lost anything at all? What is your height, weight, goal weight, rate of loss that you have set MFP to? We need a lot more info than you've given to be able to help you. At 1200 calories, you should be dropping weight quickly if you are actually eating at the calorie level you say you are. If you aren't, you most likely are eating more than you think.

Yes, I'm wondering many of the same things.

Some discomfort or hunger is normal if you're used to overeating and then adjust to a deficit. But at 1200 calories (which is really only enough to keep most healthy sized people alive) I would expect you to really be feeling it. Do you feel hungry/worn out/fatigued at all?
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Seconding @musicfan68. Some more questions:

* Are you using a food scale to weigh out your portions? If not, you are likely eating more than you think.
    * Are you choosing accurate database entries when logging your food? If not, you are likely not eating the amount that your diary says you are.
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    The OP does not indicate trouble with losing weight currently or being hungry, but problems eating enough. I would think you could add some calorie dense foods that are not high volume like peanut or almond butter or avocado on some whole wheat toast. That is one way to get added calories without feeling "full" if you do not have a big appetite. Add some cheese into your meals is another good way, snack on some cheddar or add feta to salads. You could also try a fruit smoothie made with milk and frozen berries (and protein powder if you like). Enjoy a snack of some almonds, walnuts or pistachios. A small amount of extra dark chocolate.