Brenda's Journey Back To 130

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    This morning I threw my back out again ☹I I don't know why this keeps happening but it's getting old, hmmm maybe it's because I AM GETTING OLD 😆

Well I'm back to basic OMAD tomorrow because unfortunately low carb isn't working for me as it did last time. Let's do this together friend's ❤
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I am so sorry to hear about your back going out again. Praying you find out why and that it gets better soon. Basic OMAD has always worked for me and after my 3-day fast, I will join you. I have been having a bulletproof coffee and then my meal. It is time to ditch the coffee and get back to basics.

Thanks for the bump-up of the Basic OMAD rules. It is good for us OG's and will be a great asset for the newbies.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Ugh that's the worst - stick with the basics girl, you know it works <3
  • bonitabeach33
    bonitabeach33 Posts: 67 Member
    So sorry to hear about your back and wishing you every success with the OMAD plan. On the sidelines cheering you on. We are all on this journey together through the good the bad and all the in between.
  • Brendalea69
    My OMAD today was a Big Salad 😋

Lettuce, Peppers, Onions, Kielbasa, Sharp Cheese, Spicy Doritos and Ranch Dressing
  • bonitabeach33
    Mmmmm. Now the spicy Doritos is what really got my attention. I’ll have to try that.
  • Brendalea69
    Mmmmm. Now the spicy Doritos is what really got my attention. I’ll have to try that.

It is soo yummy!!! I tried to post a picture but it won't let me 🤷‍♀️
  • Brendalea69
    edited May 2021
    My OMAD today was a Big Salad 😋

Lettuce, Peppers, Onions, Kielbasa, Sharp Cheese, Spicy Doritos and Ranch Dressing

I can only post a picture through the website and not the App?!

8vxdbc76m8k2.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    edited May 2021
    My OMAD today was Beef Stew made with Venison, Carrots and Onions with Bread and Butter and an Orange 😋

9849a8cv79dw.jpg

l10fm5wt5fgo.jpg

KISS (Keep It Super Simple)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    So sorry about your back Brenda! That happens in like a split second right? I LOVE me some basic OMAD....that's the best....so rewarding. Since I lost my first 30 on low carb (non omad) I decided to continue on low carb omad but I think I lost as much or more on regular omad last time. One rule (omad) is more than good enough.
    I hope your back is better. Did you hurt it picking up one of the kids? I've only hurt my back twice and both times it was picking up dog poop with the pooper scooper. I think it was the angle...man it was like a lightening bolt that almost made me faint lol.... Hurt for like a week each time...musta pinched a nerve or something.
    Your food looks great! Hope your week goes welllllllll <3
  • Brendalea69
    katjustkat wrote: »
    So sorry about your back Brenda! That happens in like a split second right? I LOVE me some basic OMAD....that's the best....so rewarding. Since I lost my first 30 on low carb (non omad) I decided to continue on low carb omad but I think I lost as much or more on regular omad last time. One rule (omad) is more than good enough.
    I hope your back is better. Did you hurt it picking up one of the kids? I've only hurt my back twice and both times it was picking up dog poop with the pooper scooper. I think it was the angle...man it was like a lightening bolt that almost made me faint lol.... Hurt for like a week each time...musta pinched a nerve or something.
    Your food looks great! Hope your week goes welllllllll <3

I was picking a curtain up off the floor which doesn't weigh anything at all. With me it can happen without even picking anything up, it's just the getting back up that does the damage. I've had it happen quite a few times in the past few years 😕 it's usually a week to heal but this time I was better in 2 days 😀

The first time I lost my weight it was low carb for the first half of my journey and low carb OMAD for the second half. This time I'm hoping to do it without low carb. I will not go crazy with carbs but I will not cut them out. I'm going to KISS (Keep It Super Simple) We got this 🙂
  • bonitabeach33
    Hope the back is holding up Brenda. Nothing worse for sidelining you. It happens to me often too and I am useless for a few days. That’s always when I eat more too which makes no sense other than the comfort food aspect I guess. Love all the KISS foods and the last salad picture made me decide on a good salad for tonight’s dinner (with some spicy Doritos, if I can find some). Thanks for the idea. Have a great day.
  • Brendalea69
    Hope the back is holding up Brenda. Nothing worse for sidelining you. It happens to me often too and I am useless for a few days. That’s always when I eat more too which makes no sense other than the comfort food aspect I guess. Love all the KISS foods and the last salad picture made me decide on a good salad for tonight’s dinner (with some spicy Doritos, if I can find some). Thanks for the idea. Have a great day.

My back is good today ☺ If you can't find them you could get any kind of Doritos, I've also used the Nacho Cheese and Ranch kind 😋
  • Brendalea69
    edited May 2021
    OMAD Day 3
    Chicken Casserole made with, Diced Chicken, Stuffing, Broccoli, Cream Of Mushroom Soup and Sour Cream with Cranberry Sauce. I also had a piece of Sharp Cheese and an Orange 😋

9lixdshoms8n.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Good to hear that your back got better quickly this time. Your dinner looks yummy, makes me think of Thanksgiving. I haven't had a piece of fruit in at least 6 months. I do love oranges :p Keep up the discipline, everyday seems to get easier <3
  • Brendalea69
    Thanks Kat 🙂
  • Brendalea69
    I'm so proud of myself :) First I went to get my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine and then we went to McDonald's so my hubby could get his fix :D I resisted and didn't get anything!!! I know I could have eaten there and then that would have been it for the day but if we are feeling ok from our shots we are planning on going to the movies tomorrow and that will be my splurge day. Oh YES Buttered Popcorn it will be 😋

Praying for no side effects 🙏
  • katjustkat
    edited May 2021
    Ummmm I think McDonalds HOT french fries are my favorite thing >:) Good that you were able to think it through and now you can enjoy the lots of butter pop corn tomorrow :p I hope your nite goes well with the vaccine. Maybe some tylenol pm before bed might help? Everyone I know had a restless night mostly. With 2nd vaccine I had a lil fever, restless night and my blood pressure went down to 90/70. Took a few days to stabilize. Hope you sail through!
    ps...my second vaccine was better than the first probably because I had had covid.
  • katjustkat
    edited May 2021
    Oops- I posted my post on your board and deleted it :o
    Happy Mother's Day!
  • Brendalea69
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Oops- I posted my post on your board and deleted it :o
    Happy Mother's Day!

No problem 😆