So much change

NJsemple
NJsemple Posts: 41 Member
So I have lost over 7 stone so far and the stupid thing is I can’t notice it at all not even a bit but clothes that didn’t go close before fit now so well it’s crazy

Replies

• Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Wow! Well done ... getting near to my 1st stone here!
  • AmyE26
    AmyE26 Posts: 43 Member
    That is amazing! I've lost 3 stone out of the 7 stone loss that I am aiming for, so nowhere near what you have lost. I do understand what you mean though because I can't see it at all either, even though I am in clothes which are a lot smaller, to me when I look in the mirror I still see myself as how I was before I started losing weight.
  • Serrasanna
    Serrasanna Posts: 2 Member
    You look beautiful in your picture!
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Oh, we are our own worst critics! If your clothes are looser, you've lost a significant amount of weight. It's probably just because you see yourself every day that you don't notice. But I know what you mean. I've lost 2 stone and honestly don't see any difference. I've read that it is advisable to take measurements, such as hips, to see a difference, but to tell you the truth, I'd rather not know what my hip measurement is right now! I'll settle with the scale measurement, which is bad enough! Hang in there. You're bound to notice a big difference soon!
  • NJsemple
    Serrasanna wrote: »
    You look beautiful in your picture!
    Thankyou
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't know the equivalent of lbs. to stones, but I understand what you're going through. I have lost 102 lbs. since July 2020, and I really can't see that I've changed much. I guess because I never actually looked at myself in the mirror too often. I do get lots of exuberant comments from people who have not seen me that much though. I have given a treasure trove of clothes to charity that were hanging off of me. I chalked it up to being in a mind set of how we see ourselves. Keep up the good work.

I had to Google the weight of a stone. 1 stone = 14 pounds.

@NJsemple
    Awesome job so far!
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    kevinokorn: Thank you for sharing your journey. You have truly motivated me to continue on my own journey (lost 102 lbs. since July 2020). I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey. Happy trails, you look so much healthier and happy (behind your mask). My own next mini goal is to start a run/walk routine. Wish me luck.
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    Congratulations, you have done great!

In my personal experience, it took a great while for my mind to catch up!

I'd say, and I know it sounds silly, but I'd say, take pictures. More-so, let *other* people photograph you.

I had a weird moment with my SIL where I asked her who someone in a photo was and she just looked at me shocked and said "it's you!"

Bottom line, if you had been overweight a long time (like I was), I think you have a very well-established idea of how you look, who you are, etc. And with significant changes such as the amazing losses you had, it may take some time to reacquaint yourself, with yourself.

It does get a little better. I can usually pick myself out in photos now :lol:
  • fitstrongfitlove
    fitstrongfitlove Posts: 58 Member
    Loosing weight is an inward transformation as much as it is an outward transformation.
  • NJsemple
    Definitely I had to do a lot of work on the inside before I began my journey and still do every day
  • NJsemple
    nitalieben wrote: »
    Congratulations, you have done great!

In my personal experience, it took a great while for my mind to catch up!

I'd say, and I know it sounds silly, but I'd say, take pictures. More-so, let *other* people photograph you.

I had a weird moment with my SIL where I asked her who someone in a photo was and she just looked at me shocked and said "it's you!"

Bottom line, if you had been overweight a long time (like I was), I think you have a very well-established idea of how you look, who you are, etc. And with significant changes such as the amazing losses you had, it may take some time to reacquaint yourself, with yourself.

It does get a little better. I can usually pick myself out in photos now :lol:
    Firstly congratulations I do and like the pics until I study them and then hate them but still feel some pride when I see something that didn’t fit before it’s so strange and conflicting

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    7 stone = 98 lbs which is really impressive. Well done!
  • NJsemple
    Thankyou sorry I should have worked out the lbs too
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!