Recommend protein powders?

I'm thinking about trying some protein powder isolate to increase my protein because I don't typically get enough even when I try. That and it might help keep me feeling full, obviously it's not just protein that helps that but I think increasing that might help me personally.
But looking at some reviews for these protein powder isolates on amazon, it's hard to pick the right one.
So.. any suggestions anyone?

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    I LOVE my Sunwarrior Warrior blend protein. I also use the Collagen Builder. Garden of Life RAW is my second. I also like Nutrex German Chocolate cake and Garden of Life Sport. Steel Supplements Vegpro Hot chocolate and peanut butter and jelly i are tasty. They are all plant based.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    I drink a Vega Protein and Greens (chocolate flavour) blended with coconut milk every day. It tastes like a milkshake to me.
  • Lazygirly
    Lazygirly Posts: 23 Member
    Orgain
  • Midnigh
    Midnigh Posts: 56 Member
    I'm using Simple Truth (Kroger) Whey & Integrated Whey protein. I tried 2 different plant based powders and I didn't like either one of them.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Another vote for Vega Protein & Greens. I use the vanilla in my morning smoothie and sometimes straight with hemp milk if I'm short on protein for the day. Tasty, I find it smooth (haven't drunk many other brands for comparison though), and it's vegan and I'm pretty sure organic if either of those is important to you.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I've had good luck with Quest, PEScience, and Levels.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    I like Premier Protein...30 grams of protein
  • dreamer182
    dreamer182 Posts: 43 Member
    I absolutely love pescience and use their vanilla all the time, and love adding it to yogurt, pancake mix, etc. I use the code "scripts" for a discount too :) they also always give a ton of samples
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    I use Garden of Life vegan unsweetened and unflavored to add to smoothies. I've never found a flavored protein powder that I like.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    I use Garden of Life vegan unsweetened and unflavored to add to smoothies. I've never found a flavored protein powder that I like.

Sunwarrior is a staple for me! I have both chocolate and vanilla, also use the natural. Ihave the collagen builder and have tried the keto but like the warriors blend better for my needs.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »

Sunwarrior is a staple for me! I have both chocolate and vanilla, also use the natural. Ihave the collagen builder and have tried the keto but like the warriors blend better for my needs.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I'm intolerant to stevia, which eliminates Sunwarrior and about half of the other flavored protein powders.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I use plain, unflavored Jarrow whey in a variety of ways (morning oatmeal boost, protein boost baked into bread, recovery drink from long, hot bike rides, etc.). I also use nutritional yeast (I happen to have a stock of Anthony's, but any plain nutritional yeast will do). The yeast has multiple uses and a long track record of users. Also has B vitamins.
  • jasondwightpowell
    jasondwightpowell Posts: 40 Member
    ISO100 Fruity Pebbles - OMG so good
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Canadian protein or myprotein or proteinco
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    PEScience, Quest, or ON are my current favorites.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Truenutrition makes custom blends for really cheap and you can get them without all the filler garbage. My son gets all of his protein from there and loves it. Very affordable too.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I'm thinking about trying some protein powder isolate to increase my protein because I don't typically get enough even when I try. That and it might help keep me feeling full, obviously it's not just protein that helps that but I think increasing that might help me personally.
    But looking at some reviews for these protein powder isolates on amazon, it's hard to pick the right one.
    So.. any suggestions anyone?

Maybe try to find place that can give you some samples. This is really about personal taste more than anything. I like ON Whey Isolate Chocolate and MP Combat Cookies and Cream.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    I’ve only tried two different protein powders.
    Kaizen whey isolate and LeanFit whey protein. Both chocolate.
    Between these two, I prefer the LeanFit.
  • AnnieUTT
    AnnieUTT Posts: 4 Member
    I didn't like Vega. The best I ever tried was "I Heart Protein", but its pricey.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    I really like the Bowmar Nutrition proteins. So many great flavors! Plus they have whey, egg white, and vegan varieties. Yum!