How often do you weigh?

I used to weigh weekly but find it so much better now weighing the last Saturday of every month. I just wondered what everyone’s preference was 😃

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Typically twice per week and take the average...usually Wednesday and Thursday. I'm an 8ish year maintainer who now needs to drop the remaining 10 Lbs or so of my COVID 20ish.
  • Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    I weigh weekly because the fluctuations are interesting to me. In the past I couldn’t do that because they would throw me off. I only record my weight on Wednesdays though.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    I weigh weekly on Friday, first thing in the morning. It's a good system for me and I wouldn't be surprised if it continues to make sense once I'm maintaining.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Daily for the most part
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Daily suits me.
    Keeping a casual eye on my weight trend is an essential tool for me for long term maintenance without food logging.
    Takes seconds, not at all stressful for me as I regard it as data, doesn't make or break my day!

Glad you have found what works for you OP.
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    In the morning before I eat, 2-3 times a week. My weight stats mostly the same.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    Once a week after my morning walk and shower and then log once a month by averaging out the 4 or 5 weeks.
  • NJsemple
    NJsemple Posts: 41 Member
    Daily and watch the trend.

I’ve always thought that if you weigh less frequently you have less idea of your true weight trend since there are so many uncontrollable factors affecting weight; water, digestive contents, hormonal fluctuation etc and no way to know how many of those are in play on any specific day.

If you weigh on a monthly or weekly basis you might catch a ‘high day’ and feel discouraged when, in fact, you’re perfectly on track. 🤷‍♀️

That’s why I had to go monthly for some reason during the month on one weigh in I always gain anything up to 5lb but it sorts it’s self over the month that’s why I changed
  • Withywarlock
    Withywarlock Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2021
    I weigh myself depending entirely on when I've messed up with my meal plan for the day/week, and get frustrated by the numbers not shifting or creeping up. The more I gain, the more I weigh myself. It's a rather strange obsession, but then aren't all obsessions?

But as I've been doing well recently I'm weighing myself less, and finding my weight's going down. ^^
  • davew0000
    davew0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Daily. Then I pay attention to my weekly average. More data and a more stable trend
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Weekly here! Wednesday’s & sometimes on a Saturday morning - in an effort to stay focused as I could easily overeat at a weekend!