What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    edited May 2021
    * 6942m rowing bow in the double, finally back on the water. Bladework needs help, but that's normal. Also need to recalibrate my intuition about when to call 'hold water port' to spin, when traveling at X speed in Y wind conditions to get the longest reasonable bridge-to-bridge row without risking hitting or drifting into concrete bridge supports, plus remember how to park a 30' shell. 😆
    * 5.03mi walk at 3.5mph, really slow. Not sure why: Legs tired from the row, or me tired from a terrible night's sleep? 🤷‍♀️ No matter, got it done.
    * 23' mostly upper body supersets, same nonsense as usual, just rushed through it.

No yoga/stretch, but may do a bit before bed. I felt creaky getting into the boat (it's a sort of one-legged low squat kind of maneuver).
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Monday
    I felt terrible - I think I ate something that disagreed with me. I still managed a reasonable length walk - I've got over 10,000 steps every day since 3 days after my heart surgery. (According to the release letter, I wasn't allowed to walk long distance immediately afterwards. After three days, I was allowed to "mobilise", whatever that means.)

Tuesday
    I worked bonkers hours, which was a bit annoying. So I did some slow sprints in the evening.

Wednesday
    Climbing! This followed the same pattern as Sunday. I was terrible for a while, then eventually I started to send stuff. I got a balance-y V3 on slab I'd failed on the previous session, for example. It took me 8 goes this time - the trick was to move very slowly to the final hold. It was a terrifying move, so I tried doing it too quickly on the fails. It was actually quite easy once I'd worked out how to do it.
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Walked around my apartment and got some steps in. Different workout today from my regular HIIT strength and dancing.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Did a shortened 45 minute workout yesterday. 30 on the rowing machine and like 20 or less on the AD Pro Bike. Not sure, as a Handyman said he'd get here at 2 and got there right during the end of my workout, so I had to cut it short. :(
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Yoga and vacuums...
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Upper body strength and a walk this evening after work
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Rowing: 5 rounds of 10 secs on 10 secs off, 2:40min each round. Some decline sit-ups in between.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Leslie Sansone Walk at Home - 3 mile Fast Walk for 45 minutes.
  • MikePfirrman
    An hour easy cardio. Boy, getting hot already in Tucson. 93 degrees outside today during my 30 minute row. 30 minutes after that (inside in the A/C) on the LateralX. All under 73% max.

Golf this evening -- supposed to hit 98 degrees so taking my electrolytes!
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Upper body. Will be sitting for at least 12+ hours tomorrow between class and driving :( so sad
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Run workout tonight. Hill repeats.

15 min warmup jog, then 8x (2min uphill as fast as possible, 3min recovery jogging back downhill) 15 min easy cooldown.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Dumbbell bench press
    One arm dumbbell rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Dumbbell RDLs
    Stability ball leg curls

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Feeling fatigue-y, slacking off a little. (Not sure why, but sleep has been crummy trying to switch to getting up earlier, in order to row on water, so it might be that.)

Took an extra rest day yesterday, just 40' of yoga - stretch - foam roll.

Today, rowed bow in the double, 6873m. Threatening storm, so won't walk today - tomorrow looks more promising.

May do something else later today (lift or yoga/stretch or both), or may not. On the water again tomorrow, if the good forecast plays out.

Need to find my rhythm/routine, for on-water season. It'll come. Always has.
  • MikePfirrman
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Feeling fatigue-y, slacking off a little. (Not sure why, but sleep has been crummy trying to switch to getting up earlier, in order to row on water, so it might be that.)

Took an extra rest day yesterday, just 40' of yoga - stretch - foam roll.

Today, rowed bow in the double, 6873m. Threatening storm, so won't walk today - tomorrow looks more promising.

May do something else later today (lift or yoga/stretch or both), or may not. On the water again tomorrow, if the good forecast plays out.

Need to find my rhythm/routine, for on-water season. It'll come. Always has.

Smart to listen to your body. Glad you're back at what you love this year!

Did 30 minutes of supersetting again (starting to get in a groove with weight lifting) and then 3 X 5 minutes on the rower as fast as sustainable. Would have done four sets but pressed for time (and I was dying, :D )
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Leg day followed by 4 hours of driving, a 3 hour online academic class, and watching a graduation. Tons of sitting today but I wanted to get legs in
  • Djproulx
    Bike session today was designed to mimic an outdoor workout over hills at a race-specific endurance effort.
    1:04:00 ride on the trainer starting with a 5 min warmup, then 8 minutes of high cadence drills, then into the main set. Main set was 3 rounds of a Cadence Ladder:
    2min @ 170W, 65-70rpm
    1:30 @170W, 60-65rpm
    1min @170W, 55-60rpm
    1:30 @170W, 60-65rpm
    2 min @170W, 65-70rpm
    1 min EZ @ 100W
    3 min @ 145W

Followed by 10min Endurance Cadence Build @ 140W:
    2 min@ 65rpm, 2min@ 75rpm, 2 min @ 85rpm, 2min @ 95rpm, 2min @ 105rpm

Finished with a 5 min cooldown spin.

Lap swim and long run tomorrow.

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    98snaiw2egq5.png
    I got some new kicks, Air Pegasus 38s. Putting to then test

🏃‍♂️ 👟
  • Djproulx
    Switched it up by doing my long run & swim today, so I can join a friend for a long bike tomorrow.

Started the day with a 1:40:00 Run. Easy paced run on local roads on bike trail. Went just over 9 miles, bumping into several of my tri club pals who were also getting some miles in. Swim was 2200yds in the pool, focused on controlling pace. After warmup and drill set, the main set was 5 x200's.

Looking forward to suffering on the bike tomorrow with my training partner. :)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited May 2021
    Friday
    I got 23,000 steps in, which is not bad for a work day. I also played with kettlebells, doing:

3 sets of 5, goblet squat, 32 kgs
    1 set of 5 (both left and right), Turkish get-up, 16 kgs.
    10 sets of 10 swings, 24 kgs.

I got 23,000 steps in, which is not bad for a word day. I also played with kettlebells, doing:

3 sets of 5, goblet squat, 32 kgs
    1 set of 5 (both left and right), Turkish get-up, 16 kgs.
    10 sets of 10 swings, 24 kg.

Sarurday
    A 90 minute climb. I was unexpectedly on very good form, and I sent stacks of long term projects I had struggled with before.
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    edited May 2021
    4.39 mile walk/run, laundry, yard work