Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

👋🏻 waving to Lynn and Tracy👋🏻

.....well I am definitely going to make these ham pickle rollups next month when my sister comes to visit!

Now I'm hungry .....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good evening,

Just checked the long term weather report - we only get a couple days of pleasant and then more heat. Seriously gross.

Monster is trying on a new personality - too sugary sweet to even be real. Stuff of my nightmares.

Not quite at 5k but the day is not over.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    👋🏻 waving to Lynn and Tracy👋🏻

.....well I am definitely going to make these ham pickle rollups next month when my sister comes to visit!

Now I'm hungry .....

Good morning, Lana,

A little tip--Lay your ham slices out on paper towels and dry them well before trying to spread the cream cheese. If you buy the really good deli ham (like sliced in front of you) instead of packaged ham (Great Value Brand Black Forest 2 lb pack is what I buy for the Lodge), you can probably skip this step because it is not as wet.

I cut my pickles in half lengthwise so the rolls are tighter for the Lodge. When I make them just for me, I use the good deli ham sliced a little thicker and use the pickle spears as they come out of the jar. If you get your ham sliced on #3 per the chart at the store, two of these rolls makes a meal.

Sorry if that is too much information.

Sunny and warm here today. Calm between the storms. Expecting 1-2 inches of rain for Mother's Day.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537

Tracy - thank you for the details! 😘
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Best thing I did today was stick my head under the sink and wash my hair. So hot and disgusting and it is only May. I am having trouble watching rain online - rain envy?? I will confess to that.

Tracy love the attention - my Aunt used to love cream cheese with green olives and walnuts on crackers or bread. Nice to hear about new options.

Got my 5k in and hoping for a good nights sleep.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    7mtu56m9qwjc.jpeg
    *** May 6th ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - your Aunt's cream cheese and olives and walnuts sounds very yummy!

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    I do believe cream cheese with anything makes it yummy :wink:
    Sorry to hear how hot it is Sara, that is hard weather to take. In winter one can always cuddle up with blankets or wear warm clothing. It is so hard to stay cool in hot muggy weather.

CW 193.2
    HW 207
    GW 188
  • LanaCabana537

Lynn - you are right about cream cheese - tasty stuff 😋
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

I am tired after 8 hours, welcome to 2 more next week. I enjoy the phone calls at work as they keep me awake. We shall see what we shall see.

We have a couple days break until more 90's next week so I am taking advantage and enjoying - got 500 more steps in than yesterday. Saw a seriously ugly ## on the scale and I hope not to see it again.

• LanaCabana537
    anxp0aureeh2.jpeg
    *** May 7th ***

Sara - I am hearing you on the scale numbers. A few days ago it was very very scary. Curses!

Well, we made it to Friday.

Does anyone have plans for the weekend?

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Happy Friday y’all ! So I survived so far since my second shot two weeks ago. But man I’m out of shape. Mowed the front lawn and got palpitations. I definitely need to work out more and eat better. I just don’t get it I could do Zumba before shots now I mow the yard and palpitations. I have a doctors appointment next month going to bring it up. Part of me is regretting getting those shots but who knows maybe it’s just a coincidence. I did get palpitations before but rarely. Seems like I have them once a week now. I think it’s over due to get back on track. I was going to cancel my gym membership because I’m running in a million directions but think I need it to get back into shape. I’m definitely not in my 20’s anymore mid 30s now.

~ Missy
  • LanaCabana537

Hey Missy - the palpitations - maybe you are dehydrated or low in potassium. I hope that your heart settles down soon. Oddly, my heart was acting up today, first time in a long time. I drank milk, drank water, ate a banana, and took one half of a potassium pill from long ago....

There is nothing appealing on Netflix or Prime Video tonight. I started a few things, but they were a bit too evil or creepy. I think I should look for Midsommer Murders. The older British stuff is more tame.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Happy Friday!!!

Missy is great to see you post and if a Dr apt will give you a better understand or answer to heart palpitations, then it is good to go.

Coworker said we are either going tonight to Olive Garden or Sunday Brunch - being Mother's day I chose the lesser of two evils and we went tonight. I tried a couple of soups - hopefully kept the salt intake down and had my weekly sugar intake and had cheese cake. I could not eat like that every day.

Lana is Midsommer Murders on Youtube? I get it on Acorn TV but they are usually 90 minutes and after work it is just too long.

• LanaCabana537
    edited May 2021
    e3w82toej4rl.jpeg
    *** May 8th ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - your Olive Garden sounded good-- just the general idea of being able to go out to dinner with other people!
    As for Midsomer Murders, I took it for granted that they would just be on Netflix forever, and it's gone. Instead I stumbled upon an Italian movie called Happy as Lazzaro, so I started that last night--will continue again this evening.

Missy - Sara is right. You should see a doctor if the palpitations don't stop. You'll get sent to a cardiologist who will give you a heart monitor to wear for a day or two. That's the best thing. Then you know what's really going on. (Been there, done that)

Waving to Tracy and Rhiannon and Runa and Maureen and Jordanna and Dawn and everyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    I see my new primary June 1st. I did see a cardiologist in the past. Passed out trying to sprint a 1.5 miles. Not a good idea. I had depleted almost all potassium by drinking too much water. The ct scan they did at the hospital showed I might have an enlarged heart. But after a mri later on that wasn’t the case. Wore a heart monitor for a month too. Heart is good but that was 10 years ago. But I’m definitely out of shape. Thank you!

I’m thinking of adding B12, and Zinc vitamins to my daily intake. Thinking about a fish oil pill. I already take a Vitamin D3 pill. But thinking it might be a better idea to wait for the doctor visit.

Tracked this mornings breakfast and making my grocery list with more fruits and vegetables.

Lana - I’ve been watching documentaries on YouTube lately and watching shows on Discovery Plus mostly Life Below zero, Homestead Rescue, My Fixer upper reruns, etc.

Sara - how did Olive Garden go? Love their food but go once in a blue moon.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
  • LanaCabana537
    fnkv2gyhra18.jpeg
    *** May 9th ***

Good morning everybody~~

Missy - So glad to hear that you have your health care well in hand. When I grow up, I'm going to get a real television/movie/"cable" service. I miss all of that. I just have Netflix and Prime video.
    Bravo for your tracking and grocery list!

I have got to get back into walking. The catch is that I am so heavy and out of shape now that walking isn't the fun it used to be--will start slow and work up to it. Today I plan to forget the "trails" and just go walk on the campus.

Waving to everyone who stops by today 👋🏻

Lana

268.0 today
  • Anewbody2021
    Anewbody2021 Posts: 22 Member
    Anyone can add me!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Did not post yesterday to either of my 2 boards. That is unusual for me. Olive garden had okay soups and I am glad I stuck with those, the other food looked okay but not something I would pounce on.

Drinking off the salt from Friday still. Need to get steps in today so off I go. After I eat lunch that is.

Anewbody - welcome I am also a yarn "enthusiast", stop by and post when you can.

Wishing all a good Mother's Day however that translates. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 599 Member
    Happy Mother's Day to you and/or your mom. I was back on the wagon this morning--5 lbs up since I left for FL and Spring Break on March 25. Lots of exercise but I ate cake 1-2 times a day for at least a week. And today, my son brought me a piece of cheesecake as a Mother's Day gift. I enjoyed it. I'll just have to wait another week to hit my goal, perhaps around this time next year. I will get there.

My house is almost empty and tomorrow some company I hired will move and dump the big stuff I'm not taking. I've done 4 runs to the dump myself, with a full carload, and have 2 more left. So. Much. CRAP. I won't let that happen again. I'm downsizing and may not have any of my kids living with me, which will make it easier to keep stuff out of my house. I'm a minimalist but they are not :) I am only taking clothes, photos, personal stuff, and very little else, on my move. Still filled up a UHaul Box/pod. But just one. I will get furniture when I'm there. I'm downsizing, finally.

So I had to take a week off of running after doing my usual run from the distance I had reached in FL, but the hills here wore me out and my legs hurt like they never do anymore. But yesterday's jog to test the waters (half distance) went well. I've gotten a lot of exercise with packing and moving, but not what I love and enjoy--long walks and decent jogs. So I'm glad to be back at it.

After tonight, I will be a nomad--maybe renting some place for the last 4 weeks of the school year, maybe doing an extended stay at a local hotel. Just Skye and me. And clothes for a few weeks, computer, cpap, meds, dogfood, toothbrush/paste/hair brush--not much else. I can travel pretty light.

I skimmed from last week and will try to stay current for now. Hoping you are all doing well.
  • gemwolf110
    fnkv2gyhra18.jpeg
    *** May 9th ***

Good morning everybody~~

Missy - So glad to hear that you have your health care well in hand. When I grow up, I'm going to get a real television/movie/"cable" service. I miss all of that. I just have Netflix and Prime video.
    Bravo for your tracking and grocery list!

I have got to get back into walking. The catch is that I am so heavy and out of shape now that walking isn't the fun it used to be--will start slow and work up to it. Today I plan to forget the "trails" and just go walk on the campus.

Waving to everyone who stops by today 👋🏻

Lana

268.0 today

I stream my apps via my Roku player. Had Netflix, Hulu, Sling, Discovery and YouTube on my screen and jump between them all. Finally cut the cable cord this year.

aog678jwiigc.jpeg