Touching base

I'm wondering if anyone else does it the way I do it. I started out at 250 lbs. I am now at 160. I started on High protein low carb 1500 calories. I started my work outs slowly and simply. Started 20 minutes changing up my routine. I am now up to an hour or more depending on what kind of workout I am doing. I have upped my calories to 1600 and it seems to be working fine. What is everyone else doing? For the most part I eat clean and eat healthy.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member
    I think we have a variety of approaches here. I lost about 80 pounds in 2007-08 and have kept it off doing regular exercise and continuing to keep track of how much I eat on my food log here. For me it really was a complete nutrition education and lifestyle over-haul but I started with logging food and then chipped away at the other stuff.

Congrats on your weight loss and welcome to the forums. :)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    ^^^ what @cmriverside said.

Exercise, logging, complete nutritional overhaul, with a healthy dose of patience.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Same exercise routine (already active while obese); generally same foods (different portion size, proportions, frequency); hit my calorie goal most days; get well-rounded nutrition overall and on average; weigh daily but pay attention to longer-term trend; pick methods that are easy, ideally enjoyable, but at least tolerable. *Not* think of any of this as a project with an end date, but rather a permanent remodeling of habits.

In maintenance, I calorie bank a small amount most days (100-150 calories), spend down the account irregularly but often enough to accomplish weight goals.

Now in year 5+ of maintaining a healthy weight, after previous 30 years of obesity . . . so far, so good, but nothing guaranteed for the future.

Different methods for different people, though: Personalization IMO is an important success factor.
  • GamerGranny
    GamerGranny Posts: 5 Member
    I think we have a variety of approaches here. I lost about 80 pounds in 2007-08 and have kept it off doing regular exercise and continuing to keep track of how much I eat on my food log here. For me it really was a complete nutrition education and lifestyle over-haul but I started with logging food and then chipped away at the other stuff.

Congrats on your weight loss and welcome to the forums. :)

Thank you!!!! :)
  • GamerGranny
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Same exercise routine (already active while obese); generally same foods (different portion size, proportions, frequency); hit my calorie goal most days; get well-rounded nutrition overall and on average; weigh daily but pay attention to longer-term trend; pick methods that are easy, ideally enjoyable, but at least tolerable. *Not* think of any of this as a project with an end date, but rather a permanent remodeling of habits.

In maintenance, I calorie bank a small amount most days (100-150 calories), spend down the account irregularly but often enough to accomplish weight goals.

Now in year 5+ of maintaining a healthy weight, after previous 30 years of obesity . . . so far, so good, but nothing guaranteed for the future.

Different methods for different people, though: Personalization IMO is an important success factor.

Completely agree. no two people are the same. I treat my calories like a bank account careful not to "overdraw" the qamount remaining.
  • GamerGranny
    ^^^ what @cmriverside said.

Exercise, logging, complete nutritional overhaul, with a healthy dose of patience.

I know, Patience is sadly, not one of my virtues.