Hello! Having a fresh start :)

Options
cazzcampbell
cazzcampbell Posts: 22 Member
edited May 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I'm Caroline, 34 year old married mum of 2 girls from/living in the UK. I'm a primary school teacher working full time whilst trying to balance parenting, a house and life in general so I don't have the energy to constantly think about what I can and can't have so I'm hoping that this approach will work well for me again.

I've been around the block a few times when it comes to dieting but ultimately, the best thing that's ever worked for me is calorie counting. So I've ditched Slimming World and decided to have a fresh start with calorie counting so I've started a new account but to be honest, everyone I had on my old account has long since stopped using MFP. I've got a fair amount of weight that I want to lose but I'm going for a slow and steady approach this time, no pressure, no goals, just keep going and see what happens.

I've recently made the move to vegetarianism, although we take a flexi approach. This is mostly for health reasons but also ethical/environmental ones, although I'm not precious about it and won't judge anyone else for their choices, it just means my diary will be full of veggie packed meals.

I'd love to connect with some people on this journey and give each other ideas, inspiration and support.

Replies

• Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Go for it Caroline!
    Counting calories does work so you need a good set of scales. Meals take a bit longer to prep so beware of hungry children/partners... my hubby still paces when I’m weighing out my salad lunch! He’s worse than the cat!
    There are a lot of UK based people on here. I’m in Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
    Good luck!!!
    Chris
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi Caroline
    I’m not a vegetarian, but for healthy reasons, for some environmental reasons too, I am incorporating more veggie meals into my diet, and so am always looking for inspiration and ideas.
    Work full time, in school nursing, so get the work life balance issues you are having!
    Been doing the CICO method with MFP for about 2 1/2 months now and lost 12 lbs so far!
    It works!
    Good luck
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady is a great approach! It's how I lost 60+ lbs so far myself without feeling deprived.

I wish you a successful weight loss journey!